Video camera RESET mid flight - v01.03.0900 Problem?
123Next >
7654 91 2017-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-18 00:32
Hi all, if your drone had encountered gimbal/camera reset midair, we recommend sending the drone back for repair. Sorry for the trouble that had been caused.
Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back, Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area …
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

Do You by any chance know where is nearest repair center to Bulgaria (EU)? Because i can leave with occasional resets but without a dron for a month or two will be bad in a summer ;)
2017-7-18
Use props
lK14A0pG4iEn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1353409 ft
United States

Just responding that I have had this issue as well on .0900 but I do believe it's related to the SD card capacity. I had less than 4GB available of space when the issue was occurring. Have not had this issue when the card had free space.
2017-7-18
Use props
m15alien
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6878596 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-18 04:32
The aircraft needs to be evaluated after it arrives, it will be covered by warranty if it is product malfunction and within the warranty period.

Hi Thor, perhaps you can help me, i received the RMA from DJI for this case, should I send back the Mavic with or without the RC? Thanks
2017-7-18
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

lK14A0pG4iEn Posted at 2017-7-18 08:35
Just responding that I have had this issue as well on .0900 but I do believe it's related to the SD card capacity. I had less than 4GB available of space when the issue was occurring. Have not had this issue when the card had free space.

Not my case, I have 64GB Samsung Pro very fast card with a lot of free space ;)
2017-7-18
Use props
lK14A0pG4iEn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1353409 ft
United States

alex_markov Posted at 2017-7-18 11:50
Not my case, I have 64GB Samsung Pro very fast card with a lot of free space ;)

And you are experiencing the camera/gimbal reset mid-flight? I have a Samsung 128gb that was nearing full when I began to get the reset. When I was able to film the I did get a warning that the writing had slowed and shortly after the warning it gimbal reset. I have since cleared my card and have only done one flight since without an issue.
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

m15alien Posted at 2017-7-18 09:16
Hi Thor, perhaps you can help me, i received the RMA from DJI for this case, should I send back the Mavic with or without the RC? Thanks

Actually, you can just send your Mavic without the RC back for this case.
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

alex_markov Posted at 2017-7-18 04:57
Do You by any chance know where is nearest repair center to Bulgaria (EU)? Because i can leave with occasional resets but without a dron for a month or two will be bad in a summer ;)

Sorry, it seems there is no recommended service center in your country, here the link for your reference: http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

m15alien Posted at 2017-7-18 09:16

2017-7-18
Use props
leo_82
New
Switzerland

I would like to say that something similar happened to me last week for the first time.
I was recording a video above a cliff when suddenly the image when down and wasn't steady.

My first reflex was to get the drone back and check it but I wasn't able to see anything strange.

The only thing I noticed is that mavic stopped recording due to lack of space.

As I have my mavic for only 2 weeks, I thought it was due to wind or something I did by mistake but it scared me too and thought something was broken.
I will continue to use it and see if this problem happen again.

Julien
2017-7-18
Use props
m15alien
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-18 22:18

Thanks DJI Thor, let's keep in touch to follow the opened case.
Best regards.
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

m15alien Posted at 2017-7-18 23:23
Thanks DJI Thor, let's keep in touch to follow the opened case.
Best regards.

You are welcome, we will help our best this work this out. Appreciate your patience.
2017-7-18
Use props
m15alien
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-18 23:27
You are welcome, we will help our best this work this out. Appreciate your patience.

Ok so I've shipped the Mavic to  DJI Netherlands and I'm waiting for the next assessment, however do you have any info about the cause of these random camera/gimbal behaviours that have been evaluated and solved by the Dji support, it's a faulty board, or what?

Thanks and best regards.
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

m15alien Posted at 2017-7-21 00:59
Ok so I've shipped the Mavic to  DJI Netherlands and I'm waiting for the next assessment, however do you have any info about the cause of these random camera/gimbal behaviours that have been evaluated and solved by the Dji support, it's a faulty board, or what?

Thanks and best regards.

Sorry, I am not pretty sure since I don't have a drone which happens thing like this. But you will get a quotation and that will show which part should be the responsibility.
Please wait patiently.
2017-7-21
Use props
KryptoNyte
lvl.4
United States

The problem came with the last firmware update, or two.  Please tell me that you're kidding when you ask a user to ship a never-crashed drone in for service.
2017-7-23
Use props
KryptoNyte
lvl.4
United States

It would seem that this user, with the same issue, had a reasonably poor experience with the faulty drone;

https://forum.dji.com/thread-89485-1-1.html
2017-7-23
Use props
m15alien
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

KryptoNyte Posted at 2017-7-23 15:30
The problem came with the last firmware update, or two.  Please tell me that you're kidding when you ask a user to ship a never-crashed drone in for service.

I agree with you, I never crashed my Mavic (neither an hard landing).
I believe that, if the Admin (that he is from DJI)  suggests to send it back (I have just sent it...) I think/hope that DJI knows very well this issue and I suspect that it is not only a firmware problem.....

bye
2017-7-24
Use props
Dx_Operator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140413 ft
United States

Dx_Operator Posted at 2017-7-11 04:53
Mavic pro Just starting having the issue were the gimbal does not sync for some reason. It has worked fine since I received the unit new in March 2017 and all aspects have worked.

Now after sitting for three months and then I upgraded the firmware to latest the gimbal does not work as it should

Going in for repair from DJI. Prepaid shipping label sent which is nice. Will update the this thread when repair is complete. I expect this to be fully covered under warranty as I've had it since March 2017 and only 5hrs flight time.
2017-7-24
Use props
KryptoNyte
lvl.4
United States

m15alien Posted at 2017-7-24 01:22
I agree with you, I never crashed my Mavic (neither an hard landing) since  Dec.
I believe that, if the Admin (that he is from DJI)  suggests to send it back (I have just sent it...) i  think/hope that DJI knows very well this issue and I suspect that it is not only a firmware problem.....

Please keep us updated on the progress of your service.  When they tell you the specific reason why this is happening, please respond here in the forum to let us know.
2017-7-24
Use props
m15alien
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

KryptoNyte Posted at 2017-7-24 16:30
Please keep us updated on the progress of your service.  When they tell you the specific reason why this is happening, please respond here in the forum to let us know.

Ok, today the DJI repair dept received the Mavic, so it's ok, the case has been updated (I sent it on last Friday).
Bye

UPDATE 2017 07 26:
Tech Assessment

Assesment.jpg
2017-7-25
Use props
KryptoNyte
lvl.4
United States

Bump.  And I'll keep bumping it until it's determined why this is happening.
2017-7-26
Use props
fansce66ce7c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 691601 ft
United States

I have had this issue, like many others it seems.  I sent mine back in 7/11 and received a refurbished model (couple months older production date) on 7/25.  So far the gimbal has not freaked out, however there is still an intermittent issue at the 4.23gb file split.  The files are both saved and seamless, however the metadata on the second file is all messed up.  Shows that it was created on the drones mfr date of 12/31/16.  There is clearly still an issue and will be contacting support again in a couple weeks after my vacation.
2017-7-30
Use props
KryptoNyte
lvl.4
United States

I wish they would just force all microSD formats to exFAT and remove the 4GB file size limit.  Unless the Mavic hardware isn't capable of this, I don't see any reason to continue with split video files.
2017-7-30
Use props
Zike
lvl.1
France

KryptoNyte Posted at 2017-7-30 05:53
I wish they would just force all microSD formats to exFAT and remove the 4GB file size limit.  Unless the Mavic hardware isn't capable of this, I don't see any reason to continue with split video files.

Just a quick message to tell you that since the last FW update on our P4 the camera also resets while recording, this has been reported multiple times and many vids are available.

The workaround we are using is to not use the 4K resolution, when using 1080p resolution this issue never happens, you may want to try it with the mavic too.
2017-7-30
Use props
beemerLT
lvl.2
United States

Update:  after receiving a refurbished unit back from service for this issue and performing ~6 flights, the reburb unit has the same issue as the one i sent in.
2017-8-1
Use props
KryptoNyte
lvl.4
United States

beemerLT Posted at 2017-8-1 05:22
Update:  after receiving a refurbished unit back from service for this issue and performing ~6 flights, the reburb unit has the same issue as the one i sent in.

Wow.  

And I see from other forum posts that this has been happening on other DJI products, too.  DJI has a real problem on their hands here.
2017-8-1
Use props
m15alien
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Very sad to read your news.... , what's happening to our Mavics? Were you recording in 4k when the issue appeared again?
2017-8-1
Use props
Micronx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17005 ft
Portugal

This Administrator and all the support team from DJI are a big joke !
They know there is a problem with the firmware and the solution is to send the mavic to receive a refurbished with the same problem ?
REALLY ?

When another company appears with products with the same characteristics and quality (and believe it will happen), DJI will close the doors the next day. No one can find a warranty case that has ended well, youtube and forums are full of horror stories from your technical support.

2017-8-2
Use props
beemerLT
lvl.2
United States

m15alien Posted at 2017-8-1 22:59
Very sad to read your news.... , what's happening to our Mavics? Were you recording in 4k when the issue appeared again?

yes, but i have had it happen in 1080p as well......it just happens around 12.5 min if i recall correctly vs 9:21-9:24.  i was able to duplicate just by sitting it on a table in the house recording the wall in a nice a/c low humiditity  house as well.  Right at the 4ish GB file split, 1.recording stops 2. bird stops responding to inputs, gimbal reboots and initializes, inputs become responsive, video feed resumes and you can start recording again.   I am going on vacation next week and will just manually record 8min vids and see if behaves.
2017-8-2
Use props
maximeeso
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2657398 ft
United States

And what's sad is that you are one of many that has stated this same thing.

What makes it impossible for DJI to admit any sort of issue? Like honestly: how can a company be this terrible?
2017-8-2
Use props
maximeeso
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2657398 ft
United States

Micronx Posted at 2017-8-2 02:26
This Administrator and all the support team from DJI are a big joke !
They know there is a problem with the firmware and the solution is to send the mavic to receive a refurbished with the same problem ?
REALLY ?

I am so ready for that day. Just received my 2nd Mavic after having random Jello issues with my first one. I'm ready to just return this thing and go back to waiting on a reliable company to come around with a decent drone. (One with real customer service that doesn't ALWAYS involve sending it in, waiting 2-3 months to receive a refurbished, used drone that probably has the exact issue you sent it in for)
2017-8-2
Use props
borjavg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1427326 ft
Spain

Hi everyone,

I'm having same issue with my brand new Mavic Pro. Camera/gimbal resets during flight, video stops, gimbal does strange movements and then everything goes back to normal. Bought this Mavic last week and another one last month both of them running the latest firmware and having the issue.

I've also got a Phantom 4 which experienced same issue since latest update. Made a rollback to previous one and Phantom at least is working OK now. Mavic, however, has still got the problem.

Hoping DJI releases an upgrade soon and we can get this fixed.
2017-8-8
Use props
m15alien
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

I'm here, let's go on.
Im here.png
2017-8-10
Use props
KryptoNyte
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the update.
2017-8-12
Use props
KryptoNyte
lvl.4
United States

How we doing on that repair, alien?  All fixed up?
2017-8-15
Use props
m15alien
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

KryptoNyte Posted at 2017-8-15 14:52
How we doing on that repair, alien?  All fixed up?

HI, It should arrive tomorrow, but I'll not be able to "test" it until next w.e.
I'll let you know if/when I'll find something strange about the repaired Mavic ...Fingers crossed!
2017-8-16
Use props
Censurion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 448192 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have the same issues with the gimbal. I have it sometimes during flight and started a month ago. It is happing when you have filmed a long footage and you want to make a picture instead of video. So it looks like the switching between video and photo is triggering the error.  Calibrating the gimbal did resolve the issue is what I was thinking because it disappeared I was thinking. But yesterday the problem was back. The camera of gimbal reset is about 20 seconds and after that everything functions normally. I am thinking that the problem could be the SD card or not quick enough writing the files to it.  The first few months of having my drone everything was ok. I shall do more investigating the issue.
are
@dji could it be introduced in a firmware a view versions before the latest one? I think that you have enough people with Mavic drones which have the same problems.  Are you already investigating the issue?
2017-8-17
Use props
m15alien
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

m15alien Posted at 2017-8-16 11:12
HI, It should arrive tomorrow, but I'll not be able to "test" it until next w.e.
I'll let you know if/when I'll find something strange about the repaired Mavic ...Fingers crossed!

So I received back my repaired Mavic, I'll fly it during the next w.e.. The Drone is the same (same serial number) shipped for repair, however I did not have any issue (mid flight gimbal reset apart) since i bought it last nov. I would like to know what was the problem.

@THOR: Hi, can you help me please to understand how was solved or repaired the Mavic?
I thought to receive a  short report about the  problem within the Mavic....
Thanks

2017-8-17
Use props
gkordowski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 798360 ft
  • >>>
Jersey

I have similar problem, but from my observation, it looks like it happens when Mavic is angled (sometimes because of wind, sometimes because I'm turning it and it cannot keep the horizon level) and it tries to keep the camera in the position. When it is calm (not windy) outside and I'm not doing any "drastic" manoeuvres that problem doesn't exist. The worst thing is that, in my case, it stops the recording and sometimes I forgot to start it again.
2017-8-17
Use props
Censurion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 448192 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

gkordowski Posted at 2017-8-17 06:37
I have similar problem, but from my observation, it looks like it happens when Mavic is angled (sometimes because of wind, sometimes because I'm turning it and it cannot keep the horizon level) and it tries to keep the camera in the position. When it is calm (not windy) outside and I'm not doing any "drastic" manoeuvres that problem doesn't exist. The worst thing is that, in my case, it stops the recording and sometimes I forgot to start it again.

I experience the same as you. It is only by drastic maneuvers and suddenly while flying changing from video to photo or start or stop the video shooting.
2017-8-17
Use props
stivan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1965 ft
Panama

hello all .. just received a "new" mavic after sending mine in (due to a crash)

Support told me they had to "repair" the gimbal handle ($60) + 2 hours $120 = $180

And they sent me a refurbished one (different serial number) and this thing has the gimbal reset problem. Support please contact me.
2017-8-17
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules