DJIGo4 Settings Cloud Sync
1012 3 2017-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stevenha
lvl.1
Flight distance : 175666 ft
United Kingdom

DJIGo4 has the really cool feature of syncing flight data to the cloud so it can be accessed from other devices.

Having just updated the firmware in my Mavic Pro it warned me that the settings would be lost and I should make an manual note of them.

Now there's a huge amount of settings on Mavic so manually noting down all customised settings and then re-applying them after firmware upgrades isn't exactly practical, so it would be great if DJIGo4 had a cloud sync option for settings as well as flight data.

This way as new firmware versions are released, existing "compatible" settings could be maintained, new setting could be highlighted and the sync of settings across multiple devices e.g. an iPhone and iPad could be made really easy.
2017-6-25
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

good idea
2017-6-29
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Good feedback on this point. Certainly, one way to save settings. Although personally, I like changing settings on the fly.
2017-6-29
Use props
stevenha
lvl.1
Flight distance : 175666 ft
United Kingdom

I also like to change them on the fly but those end to be certain sets like camera settings and not the lesser accessed ones, which you tweet over time as you get used to the drone and learn more, not all of which you commit to memory, so it would be really nice if we could backup our settings to the cloud
2017-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules