Crashed my P3S into a power line. Need Help!
880 6 2017-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aidan Johnson
lvl.1
United States

So recently I crashed my phantom 3 Standard into a power line. After it hit the power line it dropped and hit the ground causing the gimbal to break. After it hit the ground it took off again with the gimbal hanging from the drone and began to fly away while not responding to my controls. Then I used the auto land feature on the app and it clipped some trees and luckily landed nearby upside down. Once I recovered the drone I tested to see if it still worked properly. All four propellers spun normally and it seems fine besides the gimbal. My question is could the power line have done some permanent damage to the internals causing the GPS, compass, gyros etc... to not function correctly anymore. Should I just buy a new gimbal and replace the broken one or is it not worth it because the drones internals is damaged. All help is really appreciated.
2017-7-1
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Too hard to diagnose with only a paragraph of words.
2017-7-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The power line will not have damaged the internal circuitry in any electrical fashion, it can only caused physical damage.
2017-7-1
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

The worst you should get is mechanical damage due to the multiple impacts.  You could try flying the Phantom with the camera and gimbal removed.  You will not get an fpv view, but you should be able to tell if the drone is working properly.
2017-7-2
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

Before any test flights though see what calibrations it will alow you to do. Just to try and see if you'll have any sort of control before going airborne. Without the camera connected it may not allow much for calibrations or it might allow at least the IMU and compass.
2017-7-2
Use props
djiuser_8Kc2ymI
New

United States

Hello,  My son crashed his Phantom 3 standard and broke the gimbal as well. However, it also ripped out the thin gray and black wires to the camera. Trying to find the part number or a diagram showing parts. Everything else seems to work fine, housing a little cracked but fly's and he still has control of the unit. Any where I can find a details diagram of the parts?  Thanks!
2017-7-9
Use props
ShellyP
New

United States

Found it. Just what I thought they are the antenna wires.  
2017-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules