Interference
810 6 2017-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bond
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1364534 ft
United States

P4P, at both 2.4 and 5.8, transmission is choppy and getting green screen. Happens and very short distance, anyone else getting this and what is the resolution. After update I was fine so I'm not saying it's the firmware update.

Ideas?
2017-7-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Where are you flying, what sort of terrain?
2017-7-3
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

You can try do the Re-link RC to aircraft again.
2017-7-3
Use props
fansc9476f58
lvl.1
United States

Yes I think it's the new version given us problems I flown on both frequencies with no issues but if I'm going out a distance or over water I switch to the higher frequency
2017-7-8
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

fansc9476f58 Posted at 2017-7-8 17:21
Yes I think it's the new version given us problems I flown on both frequencies with no issues but if I'm going out a distance or over water I switch to the higher frequency

I wish DJI would respond to this, given how many people are experiencing this with the new firmware. Is it deliberate or just a bug?
2017-7-8
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Bond,

The problem you are describing is usually due to your device being underpowered.  By underpowered, I do not mean the machine is old or inadequate (although it may be) but tablets and phones have limited processor and RAM resources that get tied up with apps that have nothing to do with flying the Phantom.

Be sure your device has a multi-processor and 2 GB of RAM.  Being less than 2 years old is also helpful.

You will need to be sure that you have disabled all apps that are not needed to fly your bird.  As a test, at least, you may want to put your device in Airplane Mode during a flight to see if the video improves.  Airplane Mode will prevent downloads and other interference from taking up RAM and processor time.  If you see improvement.  That is your problem.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-8
Use props
dronestarvision
lvl.1
United States

It's definitely not a RAM issue. I am experiencing it with the P4P+ and I clear my cache and memory after every trip. If you look across this forum, this issue is constantly being brought up ever since the new firmware update. DJI needs to respond to this issue!
2017-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules