( Solved ) Two controllers ( Tutor Mode )
3015 30 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi there,
Does anyone know if it is possible to control the Inspire 1 v2 with two controllers?
To do a Tutor type lesson, I want to try to help my Brother to learn to fly my Inspire.
To do this safely I would need to still be able to take control of the Inspire if he has problems.
I know how to setup camera mode as with two controllers but don't understand how Flght control with two controllers.
I hope someone can help me to help my Brother to learn to fly my Inspire.
Any help with the setup would be appreciated.
Bye
Dave
Thanks to everyone who helped, I really could not have done this without you, Take a pat on the back.

2017-7-6
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

I thought someone would know this, even if it's not possible?
2017-7-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Yes, we have this function, please turn on ''Coach Mode'' in RC settings, here is the tutorial video for your reference:
2017-7-7
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

Thanks Mindy,
Your a Diamond, I will give that a try later or over this weekend ( weather permitting ) well I do live in the U.K.
Many thanks again Mindy hope you enjoy your weekend,
Bye
Dave
ps:- Also thank you for the link to the support / page for the downloads and video tutorials
2017-7-7
Use props
delcodrones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440367 ft

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-7 01:12
Yes, we have this function, please turn on ''Coach Mode'' in RC settings, here is the tutorial video for your reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNimg2msY1Y

Nice DJI Mindy I did not know about this wish i did when training my daughter coach mode just would have been easier and i would have had less worry..
2017-7-8
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-7 01:12
Yes, we have this function, please turn on ''Coach Mode'' in RC settings, here is the tutorial video for your reference:

Hi Mindy,
Bad day I think I have bought the wrong controller, here are some details below.

My Original Controller Number on the back GL658C [C1]
FW from DJI Go is 1.7.60
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New controller Number on the back GL658B [C1]

Also when I try to upgrade the FW for the controller  it states

==========2017.07.08 18:18:40==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/WM610_FW_V01.10.01.40.bin,
Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.

The DJI GO app show it as 1.2.0.17+

I am using the SD card way to do the Firm Ware update.
So just the Controller and the SD card reader involved. don't get different lights on front. just ends up beeping then when I turn off and remove SD and goto Computer it give the info (txt) as above. Been all daymtrying but not good,
bye
Dave

2017-7-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

davawt Posted at 2017-7-8 10:40
Hi Mindy,
Bad day I think I have bought the wrong controller, here are some details below.

Dave.

The New controller Number on the back GL658B will work just fine and you need to get this on the same FW as the Master GL658C remote.

****The later FW is updated using the DJI Go App and not the SD card.

Now only connect the new remote to the DJI Go App via the USB cable (do not have the Inspire turned on)
Set the new remote into master mode.
go to the main page after connecting the remote and if should show you that a new FW is available for the remote. Follow the information for updating the FW for the remote using the Go App. watch the second part of the video below to see this in action.

Remember that you will need to set the remote back to Slave once it is updated and reconnect it to the Master again.
Rich

helpful videos

2017-7-8
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-8 21:35
Dave.

The New controller Number on the back GL658B will work just fine and you need to get this on the same FW as the Master GL658C remote.

Hi Rich,
When I follow that the info states I need to go to a DJI site and download V1.3.0.00 the FW update then use a USB / SD to update the R/C that way. but that don't work, I still get the same message on the app saying I need to update firmware from the DJI site. Which I have done.
by the way I did set the R/C back to Master before I started - still no go.

There is no 1.3.0.00 download on the DJI site, just the latest 1.10.01.40
That is the one I am trying upgrade to, maybe thats the problem.

bye, Dave
2017-7-8
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

davawt Posted at 2017-7-8 23:42
Hi Rich,
When I follow that the info states I need to go to a DJI site and download V1.3.0.00 the FW update then use a USB / SD to update the R/C that way. but that don't work, I still get the same message on the app saying I need to update firmware from the DJI site. Which I have done.
by the way I did set the R/C back to Master before I started - still no go.

Her ya go , you need to update to version 1.3 ( august 4  version )  then you can update to  the latest version via the go app and internet connection with the go app.  Use a USB thumb drive and load 1.3 to the RC transmitter.
Bricked RC Transmitter? Try updating with thumb drive or SD adapter.
Here are some instructions on how to do this .
Your Rc must be an old version if it has the original firmware on in it still.
****Keep in mind , the files for the RC transmitter and the aircraft  are NOT the Same  ( for the most part ) , You DO NOT load the 1.10 update for the Aircraft  to the RC transmitter , they are updated for the most part diffefrently , the Ac via the SD card and the RC via the go app and internet connection  . The ONLY exception to this is before version 1.3 then they had the same, after that the Aircraft is updated on the SD card via the Camera port and the RC transmitter is updated via the go app and a Internet connection  to the go app device . ( there are SPECIAL FW FILES files out there for the RC transmitter when it gets bricked that you load VIA  the USB  port with thumb drive but these are special files with a C1 designation in the file .

donnie
http://www.panorobot.com/dji/inspire_firmwares.htm

****Once you update the RC you really should update only with the go app and internet connection .  there are some special files out there for the Transmitter but will not work after versin 1.6.  So bottom line , update to  version 1.3 then get to the latest one via the go app and internet connectin.

2017-7-9
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Also it is imperative you read my tips page and save it for future reference or you are going to get in the shi(t)  quick .

donnie
http://forum.dji.com/thread-72851-1-1.html
2017-7-9
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-9 06:19
Also it is imperative you read my tips page and save it for future reference or you are going to get in the shi(t)  quick .

donnie

Hi Donnie,
Thank you for ALL this info, it is going to take a while.
I have been to your link also and got a link to there so ok in the future.
bye for now,
Dave
2017-7-9
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-9 06:00
Her ya go , you need to update to version 1.3 ( august 4  version )  then you can update to  the latest version via the go app and internet connection with the go app.  Use a USB thumb drive and load 1.3 to the RC transmitter.

Hi Donnie,
Thanks for this info, I will be taking my time and sifting through as I get to know stuff.
bye,
Dave
2017-7-9
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-9 06:00

Hi Donnie,
The 1.3.0.00 zip has an error and won't unzip states (No such file or directory) when trying to unzip.
bye Donnie,
Dave
2017-7-9
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi there,
Has anyone got a v1.3.0.00 bin or zip file around. I am trying to upgrade my RC to that version so to be able to get the other FW updates downloaded.
I can't get one.
Thanks just incase, bye
Dave
2017-7-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

davawt Posted at 2017-7-9 09:50
Hi there,
Has anyone got a v1.3.0.00 bin or zip file around. I am trying to upgrade my RC to that version so to be able to get the other FW updates downloaded.
I can't get one.

This file is still available on the Inspire 1 download page make sure you select the X3 camera.
newsroom link

Link to file:
http://www.dji.com/inspire-1/info#downloads

If you can't find it, please go to my dropbox link here;

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0scyv ... JxMdkUQD5lTepa?dl=0

Rich
2017-7-9
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-9 14:43
This file is still available on the Inspire 1 download page make sure you select the X3 camera.
newsroom link

Hi Rich, Thank you.

The first two are links to the Latest version   -  when I click on them.
But your DropBox has the Original v1.3.0.00.zip
I will be trying this out later, it's very early here in the UK
I will update later.
Thank you Rich, that is the correct file, it then can be updated from the app.
bye,
Dave
Update:-
All went OK, and updated, now just updating the Aircraft - SD/Camera with new update from DJI.com (official)
Have a Great day Rich, it seems to all work brilliantly.
bye,
Dave

2017-7-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

delcodrones Posted at 2017-7-8 08:06
Nice DJI Mindy I did not know about this wish i did when training my daughter coach mode just would have been easier and i would have had less worry..

Yes, it's a good choice, but don't let your daughter fly alone, safety first.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

davawt Posted at 2017-7-9 22:26
Hi Rich, Thank you.

Thanks for Rich and Donnie's help, please keep us posted if there is any further questions, Davawt.
2017-7-10
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-10 01:29
Thanks for Rich and Donnie's help, please keep us posted if there is any further questions, Davawt.

Hi Mindy and all who helped, I am up to the slave / master and got camera control on the slave,
will let you know about slave aircraft (Coach mode) control when I get the chance.
Thank you again to All of you for your help getting me through this.
bye,
Dave
2017-7-10
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

davawt Posted at 2017-7-9 08:06
Hi Donnie,
The 1.3.0.00 zip has an error and won't unzip states (No such file or directory) when trying to unzip.
bye Donnie,

Wow, I am sorry , this worked fine until not to long ago .....I just tested it myself and of course you  are correct .  I will make a note of this and get a safe 1.3 file .

Glad Rich was able to help you out .

donnie
2017-7-10
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-9 14:43
newsroom link

wow, I had not know  that these old Parabot  files were no longer any good .  Must have happened not to long ago , I am going to  delete it and just do like you and keep the old FW files available on the dropbox.

Thanks for chiming in Brother,  as always "more hands lighten the load"

donnie
2017-7-10
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

davawt Posted at 2017-7-10 01:53
Hi Mindy and all who helped, I am up to the slave / master and got camera control on the slave,
will let you know about slave aircraft (Coach mode) control when I get the chance.
Thank you again to All of you for your help getting me through this.

Sorry about that file being empty , I had used  in the past no problem, I am  glad member Rich  was Online to swoop in and save the day !!!

Be sure to read my tips page as well . It may help you  in the future .

donnie
2017-7-10
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-10 05:07
Sorry about that file being empty , I had used  in the past no problem, I am  glad member Rich  was Online to swoop in and save the day !!!

Be sure to read my tips page as well . It may help you  in the future .

Hi Donnie,
Yes it was a case of the directory link appears to be wrong, but alls well that ends well.
Many Thanks to All that helped me with this problem, I am able to use both R/Cs to take photos / videos and control the Inspire, the control side has only been checked on ground up to now - by turning on/off motors with either RC but when Master is being used the slave can not stop the motors - the weather not great, as soon as I can I will give it a try (Live)Thanks again to All that help with this problem it means a lot when you cant get it sorted by your self, but that is what a forum is for Right? ( YES )
bye,
Dave
2017-7-10
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-10 05:05
wow, I had not know  that these old Parabot  files were no longer any good .  Must have happened not to long ago , I am going to  delete it and just do like you and keep the old FW files available on the dropbox.

Thanks for chiming in Brother,  as always "more hands lighten the load"

No problem Donnie... When I get a chance I will put the rest of these old files on my drop box for the future.  I figured that most everyone would be updated by now but you never know...

Have a great day,

PS still waiting for a video showing your area  
All the best
Rich
2017-7-10
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

davawt Posted at 2017-7-9 22:26
Hi Rich, Thank you.

Hi Dave

Great news and happy flying my friend....

Rich
2017-7-10
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-10 09:43
Hi Dave

Great news and happy flying my friend....

Thanks again Rich,
Rain again today - maybe try Wednesday.I will try for a video when I get Flying again.
Bye,
Dave
2017-7-11
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-10 09:42
No problem Donnie... When I get a chance I will put the rest of these old files on my drop box for the future.  I figured that most everyone would be updated by now but you never know...

Have a great day,

I will get one posted sooner or later , compared to the scenic beauty of your area it will pale in comparison !!

donnie
2017-7-11
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

davawt Posted at 2017-7-11 03:15
Thanks again Rich,
Rain again today - maybe try Wednesday.I will try for a video when I get Flying again.
Bye,

Be sure to practice on the built in simulator  if you can't get any outdoor flying in .

donnie
2017-7-11
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-11 03:58
I will get one posted sooner or later , compared to the scenic beauty of your area it will pale in comparison !!

donnie

No sure about our scenic beauty, but I will try, I was always told I was a very trying person.
bye Donnie
Dave
2017-7-11
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-11 04:03
Be sure to practice on the built in simulator  if you can't get any outdoor flying in .

donnie

To be honest Donnie I never give that a thought, Thank you.
bye
Dave
2017-7-11
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

davawt Posted at 2017-7-11 05:40
To be honest Donnie I never give that a thought, Thank you.
bye
Dave

Many Pilots  forget that it is there, including yours truly .  It is really a great practice tool , give it a go .

donnie
2017-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules