Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trampintransit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256385 ft
United Kingdom

I've read the first couple of pages of this thread and the last couple ......they all say the same thing ..worry is, I've just bought a second hand P4 .. I'm assuming it's loaded with this poor FW?  What is the version you guys are all having trouble with?
2017-11-23
Use props
nickzavi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137257 ft
Greece

wormz30 Posted at 2017-11-19 17:05
My P4 is running on the beta .600 and it's stable for sure, but my only problem is that it disconnects at about 2400 feet away and then RTH. Anyone else having limited range issues?

same problem here my friend. 4months ago i have strong signal and going 13123 feet and now i have only 3000 feet. wtf is going on with the signal?? i have downgrade to older version but the problem remains. i think with this new updates we have taken a hardware failure. i dont know im very disappointed. i have try olders versions of firmware 1year ago versions and the problem remains. maybe we have a hardware failure because of this crazy updates. failure updates. sory for my english. if you have new please answer me
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I have forwarded to the designated team to add you in, please check one business day later.
2017-11-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Trampintransit Posted at 2017-11-23 07:02
I've read the first couple of pages of this thread and the last couple ......they all say the same thing ..worry is, I've just bought a second hand P4 .. I'm assuming it's loaded with this poor FW?  What is the version you guys are all having trouble with?

Sir, you can start a new thread and be more specific of your main issue, we'll be here for help.
2017-11-24
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

No troubles with latest beta 600 all good
2017-11-24
Use props
Qba73
lvl.2
Flight distance : 496847 ft
  • >>>
United States

dji Susan can you send me the beta, I had asked a while back and never received it qba73@ymail.com
2017-11-24
Use props
Jgrimmy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90653 ft

United States

DJI Susan can you send me the beta FW for P4? jgrimestad@far.midco.net
2017-11-24
Use props
fans07d49379
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2881 ft
Denmark

Had enough. Sold my P4.

Good luck to all you guys waiting forever for Dji to put out a working version for P4. This is a joke!
2017-11-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The version with issues is the latest production firmware for the P4 (2.00.0106). Best to make no assumptions about the state of the one you bought until you fly it - it may be ok. The latest firmware applied ok to a small percentage of P4 too.
If it’s on the latest and flying erratically, request one of the DJI ops here to give you access to the latest beta.
2017-11-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Jgrimmy Posted at 2017-11-24 17:50
DJI Susan can you send me the beta FW for P4?

Added it to your account, please check it via DJI Assistant 2.
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Qba73 Posted at 2017-11-24 17:46
dji Susan can you send me the beta, I had asked a while back and never received it qba73@ymail.com

Added the firmware to your account, qba73@ymail.com, please upgrade it via DJI Assistant 2.
2017-11-26
Use props
Dexcellent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199662 ft
Australia

All this talk with everyone asking for a copy of the Beta software and in most cases when people install it (including myself), it still doesnt work.
Cant people see that by asking for the Beta software you are just giving DJI permission to keep on stalling the release of the updated software to combat all of our problems.
DJI !!! We want a new release software that works ASAP.
I've just come back from a shoot I have done for a large business that I have postponed for 3 months due to issues with Phantom 4, and thought I had all the issues ironed out. BUT NO. The footage is all jumpy as though it like my PC cant handle the video (Which is not and never has been the case)
DJI has just lost me a $3,800 job as I wont be able to user any of the footage. I had to use my DJI Osmo for some of the footage which is no where enough footage to complete the job.
Thanks DJI. If this was any other company they would have sorted this out months ago.
Not happy!!!!
I think everyone should demand a new software release and stop asking for a beta version that doesnt work....
2017-11-26
Use props
Kadant Carmanah
New

Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-26 20:16
Added the firmware to your account, , please upgrade it via DJI Assistant 2.

I would like to access beta too please: kadant.carmanah@gmail.com
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Dexcellent Posted at 2017-11-26 23:16
All this talk with everyone asking for a copy of the Beta software and in most cases when people install it (including myself), it still doesnt work.
Cant people see that by asking for the Beta software you are just giving DJI permission to keep on stalling the release of the updated software to combat all of our problems.
DJI !!! We want a new release software that works ASAP.

I sympathize with your frustration, when we asked users who have this issue to test the beta, it is because our engineers had first located the issue and gave the solution, but it needed to be testified by users, so your feedback is significant to us.
So the beta doesn't work for you, right? Could you please provide me with the original video from the SD card to Dropbox so I can check it first? Was it the drone's stability or gimbal shake caused the jumpy video? Have you tried to calibrate the IMU and compass? We need your help to develop the situation. Appreciate your cooperation.
2017-11-27
Use props
GrangerFX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

If this continues, we may need a class action lawsuit to invoke the lemon law. DJI has broken our drones via a software update and failed to fix them. I think we are now entitled to new drones with working firmware. Perhaps a DJI 4 Advance.
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Kadant Carmanah Posted at 2017-11-27 18:14
I would like to access beta too please:

I will add it to your account today, please check it later.
2017-11-28
Use props
Reghardt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815217 ft
South Africa

Can I also get the beat firmware?

reghardt.strydom0@gmail.com
2017-11-28
Use props
wormz30
lvl.2
Flight distance : 226460 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dude. I dunno anymore. What is taking DJI so long to get these issues ironed out?! Now I'm looking around at an alternative for my P4. I wanna give DJI more of my money, but I'm just so disappointed in how they've handled this firmware update. What if they do it with the other ones like the P4 Pro?! Then I'll have an even more expensive useless brick. The best thing i can say about the beta is that now i sort of have a stable flight, but my range is now worse than my DJI spark. Seriously?!
2017-11-28
Use props
Zimmerman 61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 730052 ft

Australia

It has been so long I can not even remember when the latest firmware sent my P4 into an uncontrollable flying object. I have followed the posts regarding this issue for months and to be honest am getting a little tired with what seems to be an issue that will not be fixed. I have been living  in hope that this issue would be solved with a new firmware to be released that would solve the current issues, I am losing interest rapidly in DJI.
Does anyone truly believe a firmware is going to be released soon, I want to believe but I am a realist. It is the end of 2017 soon and still nothing official from DJI
2017-11-29
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

wisnia.sebastia Posted at 2017-10-30 20:04
Thank you for you feedback. Please pay attention to the new update, wish your drone fly well.

Hello Wisnia, any news about the update.  It had been 146 days now, really hope the unstable issue can be fix before the upcoming holiday season.   
2017-11-29
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

wormz30 Posted at 2017-11-28 20:45
Dude. I dunno anymore. What is taking DJI so long to get these issues ironed out?! Now I'm looking around at an alternative for my P4. I wanna give DJI more of my money, but I'm just so disappointed in how they've handled this firmware update. What if they do it with the other ones like the P4 Pro?! Then I'll have an even more expensive useless brick. The best thing i can say about the beta is that now i sort of have a stable flight, but my range is now worse than my DJI spark. Seriously?!

What are you talking about, they did do it with the Pro, even a month before the regular 4's was hit, why do you think we are a lot of angry users yelling around here?

This thread has input from the entire P4 series, this thread is for Pro's just with Gimbal issues. after six months no news about the unstable flight, touchy sticks and reduced range.
2017-11-29
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-31 00:52
Just a reminder, 1651# is our engineers' reply for you.

Hello Susan, any news about the update. What do the engineers say. Thanks for your help.                                                            
2017-11-29
Use props
fansf5050c52
lvl.1
Flight distance : 449137 ft
United States

Can I get the beta software as well.  I am having some of the same issues.
2017-11-29
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

We all need to cooperate with DJI for better future, give feedback - receive better firmware.
2017-11-29
Use props
wormz30
lvl.2
Flight distance : 226460 ft
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2017-11-29 05:15
What are you talking about, they did do it with the Pro, even a month before the regular 4's was hit, why do you think we are a lot of angry users yelling around here?

This thread has input from the entire P4 series, this thread is for Pro's just with Gimbal issues. after six months no news about the unstable flight, touchy sticks and reduced range.

Welp... I guess I'm not buying anything for awhile then... I decided to take a look after i posted that on the thread and i realized there are some angry people on the p4p forum too... LOL
2017-11-29
Use props
fans94d1baf6
New
Flight distance : 138648 ft
Australia

Ever since this years updates my phantom has turned into a useless heap off crap.
Why dont DJI put up last years firmware so at least we can load it up and use our drones again without any issues.
DJI is getting a pretty bad name for whats going on and no one wants to buy one after ready all the reports.
2017-11-29
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Vendex Posted at 2017-11-29 09:47
We all need to cooperate with DJI for better future, give feedback - receive better firmware.

What are you talking about? P4 owners have been cooperating for around six months since the firmware first ruined their drones. How much more waiting do  you think is acceptable? I think that the thing that probably annoys affected owners most is posters and support stafff continuing to ask people to “be patient”. The firmware issues are clearly widespread and six months waiting for a formal solution is not acceptable under any circumstances.
2017-11-29
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

JockC Posted at 2017-11-29 22:24
What are you talking about? P4 owners have been cooperating for around six months since the firmware first ruined their drones? How much more waiting do  you think is acceptable?

Soon 7 months since P4P got the 01.04.0602 that is still the current, just not satisfied DJI.

"How much more waiting do  you think is acceptable?"
It look like some users without issues think, as i guess also is the DJI strategy, if we please can wait until warranty has run out it should be acceptable.
2017-11-30
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

fans94d1baf6 Posted at 2017-11-29 21:49
Ever since this years updates my phantom has turned into a useless heap off crap.
Why dont DJI put up last years firmware so at least we can load it up and use our drones again without any issues.
DJI is getting a pretty bad name for whats going on and no one wants to buy one after ready all the reports.

"Why dont DJI put up last years firmware so at least we can load it up"
100% agree on that.

Cite: "If you are not satisfied with this update, you can revert to older firmware using DJI Assistant 2."
2017-11-30
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

wormz30 Posted at 2017-11-29 20:24
Welp... I guess I'm not buying anything for awhile then... I decided to take a look after i posted that on the thread and i realized there are some angry people on the p4p forum too... LOL

Actually a lot of the posts in this thread is from P4P users as mods pushed Pro users over here too.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=109171&page=1#pid915470
2017-11-30
Use props
fans256d8fc9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1829636 ft
Czechia

Please I’m interested in the beta too.

viktor.bezdek@gmail.com

Happy to help with testing and finally enjoy my drone again.
2017-11-30
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Vendex Posted at 2017-11-29 09:47

how? discovering us the bugs at the expense of wasting our batteries ..??? No Thanks ;)
2017-11-30
Use props
UnFlyable2
lvl.1

United States

JockC Posted at 2017-11-29 22:24
What are you talking about? P4 owners have been cooperating for around six months since the firmware first ruined their drones. How much more waiting do  you think is acceptable? I think that the thing that probably annoys affected owners most is posters and support stafff continuing to ask people to “be patient”. The firmware issues are clearly widespread and six months waiting for a formal solution is not acceptable under any circumstances.

Agreed. Its been going on and on and on...........Thanks for nothing DJI.
2017-11-30
Use props
nickzavi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137257 ft
Greece

4months ago i have strong signal in my phantom4 and going 5kmh and now i have only 400meters. wtf is going on with the signal ?? i have downgrade to older version but the problem remains. i think with this new updates we have taken a hardware failure. i dont know im very disappointed. i have try olders versions of firmware  and the problem remains. maybe we have a hardware failure because of this crazy updates. failure updates.??? sory for my english.  my signal is very poor
2017-11-30
Use props
E6z54aNy5b0a
lvl.1
United States

I also need the newer beta software due to the same issues.  Account email: rbeal13@aol.com
2017-12-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

F.KOK Posted at 2017-11-29 05:16
Hello Susan, any news about the update. What do the engineers say. Thanks for your help.

F.KOK, thanks for your attention. Our engineers are still working on this and we will release on our website as soon as there is any update.
2017-12-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansf5050c52 Posted at 2017-11-29 08:41
Can I get the beta software as well.  I am having some of the same issues.

Hey there, could you tell your DJI Account(the email address when you login DJI GO)? We'll help you get the beta and have a try.
2017-12-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans256d8fc9 Posted at 2017-11-30 05:10
Please I’m interested in the beta too.

viktor.bezdek@gmail.com

Viktor, thanks for your attention. Your message has been well received, we will help you get the beta and try again, please check one business day later.
2017-12-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

nickzavi Posted at 2017-11-30 13:53
4months ago i have strong signal in my phantom4 and going 5kmh and now i have only 400meters. wtf is going on with the signal ?? i have downgrade to older version but the problem remains. i think with this new updates we have taken a hardware failure. i dont know im very disappointed. i have try olders versions of firmware  and the problem remains. maybe we have a hardware failure because of this crazy updates. failure updates.??? sory for my english.  my signal is very poor

Nickzavi, I have replied you in your post, please keep us updated there, thanks!

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid1059106
2017-12-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

E6z54aNy5b0a Posted at 2017-12-1 14:17
I also need the newer beta software due to the same issues.  Account email: rbeal13@aol.com

Copy that. The beta should be available in one working day later and we will appreciate your feedback.
2017-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules