DJI - PLEASE!! RC Was fine. Now just BEEPS and BEEPS!!!!
787 11 2017-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jsantacroce\
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10036 ft
United States

I have two controllers, a plus that came with the AC and I have purchased a separate non-plus controller to use with my iPad. It's always worked fine. I didn't use it for about a week as I had been using my plus controller with screen. Went to use it Friday and turned it on and when I powered it up it just continuously beeped and the red light flashing in sync with the beep. I was able to link it to the AC and when I did the message was that the controllers needed to be recalibrated and I need to disconnect from the AC so I powered the AC off.

I went through the recalibration process for an extended period of time but that was useless (moving the controls to 100% in all directions continuously). The FINISH button was grayed out the entire time. I did this for 10 minutes or more and tried a couple times but to no avail.

I then tried a Factory Reset with DA2 and my laptop. DA2 recognized it and my wife almost took a hammer to it ( ) but it just beeped over and over and over while the reset ran. Everyone 5 minutes or so it would power itself down and I would start it back up but I did this for a half hour and it just was wasting time.

So anyone have any suggestions? Right now the controller is useless when it was working perfectly fine the last time I used it.

Thanks

2017-7-23
Use props
hdlou94
lvl.4
Flight distance : 753163 ft
United States

are you sure it is charged?
2017-7-23
Use props
jsantacroce\
lvl.3
United States

hdlou94 Posted at 2017-7-23 02:35
are you sure it is charged?

Fully...

2017-7-23
Use props
jsantacroce\
lvl.3
United States

DJI \ Anyone - Any suggestions? Right now this controller that was working perfectly fine is now hosed. I've tried a factory reset a couple times. I've tried doing the Controller Calibration which is what it thinks it is looking for but that does no good. It never finishes. It just beeps and the red light blinks yet a week or so ago it was working perfectly fine when I shut it off last and it has maintained a charge throughout.

Puh-lease!  Say it ain't so! Every day is a new adventure.
2017-7-24
Use props
jsantacroce\
lvl.3
United States

Try again. I really need to get this controller working. Help appreciated.
2017-7-25
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Did you do an update lately ?
2017-7-25
Use props
jsantacroce\
lvl.3
United States

No updates. It was working perfectly fine the week before last. The iPad was updated to 4.1.3 a couple weeks ago and I used it several times. Then I used my plus controller a few times but no updates on that either. Then I went back to this controller and no go. Just beeps. I have the manual to go through tonight but I am hoping there is some key combo reset.
2017-7-25
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you remember to move left hand wheel to its limits as well as sticks ?
2017-7-25
Use props
jsantacroce\
lvl.3
United States

Left Hand Wheel? As in Gimbal Control? I only moved the sticks.
But why does it have to BEEP constantly. Talk about annoying.
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the late response first. The beeping issue usually appears when the aircraft mistaken the RC sticks not centered. Please toggle the gimbal control wheel to finish RC calibrateion. If the issue remains, we recommend you to contact our Support Team via support.us@dji.com to send it in.
2017-7-26
Use props
jsantacroce\
lvl.3
United States

Ok, thank you. I was not aware of the Gimbal Control Wheel and there was nothing in the RC Calibration Screen to indicate that. As I tried to do a Factory Reset with DA2 it is probably hosed at this point but will give it one more try.

Thanks you for the response.
2017-7-26
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

I am very happy to report that this is fixed.

Why it has to beep annoyingly through this entire process is beyond me.  My dog was not happy at all.

I could find nothing in the Manual with regard to Calibrating the Controller Sticks. I found calibrating just about everything else, but searched the entire manual and nothing on the controller sticks. Also, nothing about what the continual beeps meant because at one point I did not have the DJI Go App running when I powered up so didn't know what was up. But, once I launched the app, beeps going and all, it warned that the control sticks needed calibrating and the aircraft needed to be disconnected so I powered it down.

The other piece I was missing as instructed by Aardvark and DJI Susan above, and the onscreen instructions only say move the sticks 100% in all directions, was also the GImbal Control wheel needs to be moved left and right all the way a number of times as well. That was the missing link (pun intended) here. After moving the sticks and the wheel a number of times 100% I was able to hit FINISH and the controller was finally done BEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGG....... and it now works as it did when I powered it off about two weeks ago working fine then.

Thank you Aardvark and DJI Susan!

2017-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules