Tablets/SmartPhone
1384 15 2017-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyCamFeel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Hello, I have a new P3S...  first hover yesterday. So impressive! Need to find totorial for complete DJI-Go aircraft menu configuration and  switch set-ups. I can't find the page that lists moble devices compatable with DJI Go. My upgrade is a 10" tablet, but can't find a suitable  device holder that fits the P3S controller. Any ideas? Thank you for your support and I can't wait to give back.

2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Have you downloaded DJI GO? If yes, there are user manual and tutorial video in APP, you can learn first. And below is the recommended list of P3S for reference:
Recommended list of P3S.png
2017-7-31
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

You can get the tablet holder for the P4 controller from Amazon, you need to make a small hole in your controller to mount it, but there are several videos on YouTube that outline this simple mod. I have had one fitted for some considerable time for my 8" Tablet without issues.
2017-7-31
Use props
DWWLife
lvl.4
United States

Thanks... watched videos, is there a back nut for inside controller or does the nut just seat it self in the plastic.
2017-8-1
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

DWWLife Posted at 2017-8-1 13:30
Thanks... watched videos, is there a back nut for inside controller or does the nut just seat it self in the plastic.

I found an artist easel at a yard sale for $2, works great with my 10 inch HP tablet.  The tablet gets tiresome if I mount it to the RC.
2017-8-1
Use props
X-ACTO!
lvl.2
Flight distance : 837799 ft
United States

Uses a p4 mount mod
2017-8-1
Use props
Dave_W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311263 ft
Australia

I used to always use a ipad. I had printed my own bracket to mount it on a camera tripod.

Only a few months ago I gave my sony z3 compact phone a go in the supplied holder and have found that even though it has a small screen compared to the ipad it is still just as usable but more portable.
I think you would fond the 10" tablet a bit heavy but some people just have to have a bigger screen.

I just wish there was an easy way to have it on two screens at the same time. My 5year old is always sticking his head in trying to see what I am looking at.

Not to worry, he also tells me off if I try to look while he is flying as well.
2017-8-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Dave_W Posted at 2017-8-1 21:10
I used to always use a ipad. I had printed my own bracket to mount it on a camera tripod.

Only a few months ago I gave my sony z3 compact phone a go in the supplied holder and have found that even though it has a small screen compared to the ipad it is still just as usable but more portable.

I use the supplied lanyard with my iPad Air 2, weight is not a problem.
2017-8-1
Use props
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
Flight distance : 429114 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-31 00:26
Have you downloaded DJI GO? If yes, there are user manual and tutorial video in APP, you can learn first. And below is the recommended list of P3S for reference:

I think DJi needs to update what is compatible with their drones.  I just bought a P4Aadvanced and also bought an Apple Ipad.  It is not in the list but works great, although it just barely fits in the holder, and may turn out to be a little on the heavy side.  
2017-8-2
Use props
BirdsiLife
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for all your suggestions. I don't need a easel of a holder lol. I ordered the P4 holder. I'm going with a 8" android, GO app icons are to small and very dim in sunlight on a 4.5 phone. And I wrote down my version of the GoApp as 3.1.6 and the aircraft controller as 1.9.20 I since heard newer versions are  out. My status says I have the Latest Updates. The update icon is dead to respond. Should I worry? So Thanks for reaading all this.
2017-8-2
Use props
epicdoom0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

I am running the Galaxy Tab S3 and It has been Flawless has a great processor and plenty of Ram. So far zero issues with lag even in fast flight. I was using my S8+ phone but the display is so small and my eyes not so good anymore I also had a hard time touching any of the DJI GO features the Tablet solved that issue as well.
2017-8-2
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

If you decide to do the mod make sure to follow the instructions to the letter with the drill bit sizes because yes it does only thread into the plastic. I did mine and use it with an IPad Pro 10" and it works great. One thing I do is I loosen the tilt screw before I fold it down as to not "stress" the threads. It comes with a little screwdriver that works well.
2017-8-2
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Use the bit size stated in the videos and you will find the knurled nut will make it's own thread. I added a liberal amount of hot glue on the underside as belt and braces just to give it some 'meat' to bite into.
2017-8-3
Use props
fans64143ce6
lvl.1
United States

I have a Nexus 7 and I got mine throu ebay and it fits on the neck strap clip. No drilling
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

VetteGuyZ06 Posted at 2017-8-2 09:19
I think DJi needs to update what is compatible with their drones.  I just bought a P4Aadvanced and also bought an Apple Ipad.  It is not in the list but works great, although it just barely fits in the holder, and may turn out to be a little on the heavy side.

Thanks for your feedback. I will forward this request to our engineers.
2017-8-4
Use props
SnewEyes
lvl.4
United States

Hi,last post in thread. P4 holder installed  on P3 ok. 7" tab A works great. Now it's the firmware and flyaway issues that lurk. Thanks again droners...
2017-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules