Phantom will not come back to me
1731 20 2017-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom316
lvl.1
United States

Ok..Im new, Ive been dabbleing with Litchi, what a learnign curve, I had trouble landing in Lichti. So i went bacl to DJI Go app.
The drone took off but then went away in a crazy direction on its own I couldnt control it, It crashed, Thank God for my balde protectos or it could have been much much worst!!

Question: Do you have to do  the 360 adjustment horizontal and vertial every time yo ufly a new day? I didnt do that and that might be why it went crazy, and crashed.

Question: lichti did this 2 times it would not come back to me, it would fly away but with controller stick it would not come back and i had to go catch it with my hand
it was quite a challenge. Does Licti have some kind of orientation adjustment like the DJIgo apgg(360 thingy)????

I flew it in a parking lot two days ago, it seemed ok, and responsive,
but it seems I have had  trouble flying it near my hose, could Satelite dish or something be casusing problems???
Thank you all..

ed
2017-8-2
Use props
fansc9895fca
New
Flight distance : 38816 ft
China

You only need to calibrate the compass of the dji go app tells you to do so, the return to home function may not work due to bad gps signal or bad weather conditions. I only recommend using return to home assist when you absolutely need to in emergency, otherwise I normally just land the aircraft manually.
2017-8-2
Use props
fansc9895fca
New
Flight distance : 38816 ft
China

The aircraft may have not returned to home correctly if there was interference nearby such as a phone, radio station or other device that gives out a signal that may have been on the same frequency of your remote
2017-8-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Geebax has told you about compass calibration already.
Interference won't stop your Phantom from RTH.

Litchi works the same way as Go but if you are just beginning you would be better off, just sticking with Go until you have more experience.

That leaves your non-returning problem which is still a mystery because it's just not possible to work out what the problem is from what you've said.

If you run into it again using DJI Go, it might be possible to work out what it is from the flight data.
To do that go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone here might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.
2017-8-2
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Did you check the recorded home point on the map on Go and Litschi ? And did you set the home point for the copter to the current position of the copter or to the pilots mobile?
If you set the copters home point to the mobiles home then you got the problem with the GPS signal for the mobile and the copter will follow to the wrong recorded position of the mobile device.
2017-8-2
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

RTH only works when AC is more than 20m from Home Point. Usually it will land where it is if 20m or less. So its strange that AC did own thing. The comment that makes me wonder - is that OP says when AC didn't do as he wanted - he caught it by hand ..... that tells me AC was very close yo him ?

First thing to check is actual settings in GO / Litchi ....

Auto RTH is actually IMHO a very good feature that I use a lot .... auto activated or manually by use of S2.

OK - location .... OP says car park ...... that can be a disaster for compass as most of us know. The car park can have a lot of cables / pipes and rebar under ... so its pot luck whether Compass error warning or not. Calibrating there is not advised.

I suspect a lack of reading manual, lack of understanding of when / why .....

I would consider taking the gear yo a big open area such as a farm field ... find a level point. Do a full calibration routine ... IMU / Compass to have a good result. Then leave alone for general use.

Nigel
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Flight environment and pre-flight checklist are important to consider before take-off. The video may be helpful:

2017-8-3
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

I think the most likely explanation is that you calibrated the compass while standing near a large power cable and got a bad calibration.

Find an open field with no metal, concrete or power lines nearby, calibrate the compass once and then never do it again.  After that, if it complains about magnetic interference then move to another location to fly.
2017-8-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Where did my post go?
2017-8-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Geebax Posted at 2017-8-3 02:28
Where did my post go?

Not first post to go walk-about !!

Nigel
2017-8-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

solentlife Posted at 2017-8-3 02:35
Not first post to go walk-about !!

Nigel

Hmm, I don't recall putting anything offensive in the post, quite benign in fact. But you are right, not the first time one has wobbled off somewhere.
2017-8-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

I've even put in posts Please do not move to another section - because answer has been particularly relevant to the thread ... but they ignore and away it goes !!

I wouldn't mind - but they seemed to have given up any PM's to tell you now !!

Nigel
2017-8-3
Use props
Eric ncfwa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322526 ft
Australia

Would failing to force stop dji go when using litchi and visa versa cause these types of issues??? I would be interested to know if this is possible
Regards
Eric  
2017-8-3
Use props
Phantom316
lvl.1
United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-8-2 22:38
Did you check the recorded home point on the map on Go and Litschi ? And did you set the home point for the copter to the current position of the copter or to the pilots mobile?
If you set the copters home point to the mobiles home then you got the problem with the GPS signal for the mobile and the copter will follow to the wrong recorded position of the mobile device.

Dont know how to do that I will check into that thank you
2017-8-3
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

If your Phantom ready to take off the voice tells you <Home point recorded,check it on the map> you can check it. Tab in the left lower corner where the picture of the map is. It will expand and the live view picture will shrink into this corner. Look for the H -symbol on the map and verify it with your location for sure.
2017-8-3
Use props
Dave_W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311263 ft
Australia

You said: "The drone took off but then went away in a crazy direction on its own"

1. Is the right hand switch in the upper most position?
If not it will wander away with the breeze.

2. How many satellites has it picked up?
This information is shown along the top of the screen in the app.

Happy flying.
2017-8-3
Use props
Phantom316
lvl.1
United States

Dave_W Posted at 2017-8-3 14:13
You said: "The drone took off but then went away in a crazy direction on its own"

1. Is the right hand switch in the upper most position?

Hi Thanks so much for yoru response, I think I got it figured out, thanks to all the responses from you all..
I went to a large, open  parking lot and it flew great!!!!
I think I have too many things interfering at my house, Satellite tvs, cables ,wires,etc etc.
I did not realise that those things effected my drone that much..BUT THEY DO!!!!
So thanks again guys for helping this Green behind the ears Drone flyer out!!!
God Bless
Ed
2017-8-3
Use props
Phantom316
lvl.1
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-8-3 01:22
I think the most likely explanation is that you calibrated the compass while standing near a large power cable and got a bad calibration.

Find an open field with no metal, concrete or power lines nearby, calibrate the compass once and then never do it again.  After that, if it complains about magnetic interference then move to another location to fly.

Hi Thanks so much for yoru response, I think I got it figured out, thanks to all the responses from you all..
I think I have too many things interfering at my house, Satellite tvs, cables ,wires,etc etc.
I did not realise that those things effected my drone that much..BUT THEY DO!!!!
God Bless
Ed
2017-8-3
Use props
Phantom316
lvl.1
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-8-2 23:10
RTH only works when AC is more than 20m from Home Point. Usually it will land where it is if 20m or less. So its strange that AC did own thing. The comment that makes me wonder - is that OP says when AC didn't do as he wanted - he caught it by hand ..... that tells me AC was very close yo him ?

First thing to check is actual settings in GO / Litchi ....

God Bless
Ed
2017-8-3
Use props
Phantom316
lvl.1
United States

fansc9895fca Posted at 2017-8-2 20:05
The aircraft may have not returned to home correctly if there was interference nearby such as a phone, radio station or other device that gives out a signal that may have been on the same frequency of your remote

God Bless
Ed
2017-8-3
Use props
Phantom316
lvl.1
United States

fansc9895fca Posted at 2017-8-2 20:03
You only need to calibrate the compass of the dji go app tells you to do so, the return to home function may not work due to bad gps signal or bad weather conditions. I only recommend using return to home assist when you absolutely need to in emergency, otherwise I normally just land the aircraft manually.

God Bless
Ed
2017-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules