1591 23 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kn0xster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 266198 ft
Switzerland

Hi,

I had my spark terminate just after take off. The battery was the original one that shipped with the Spark and I've flown it a number of times already without issues. This time it took off was less than 4 feet in the air and then just cut out.

On checking the battery it will not power on when in the spark and acts randomly when outside the spark. Sometimes if you press the button you get 5 or 6 short first LED flashes.

Is there a way to know if the battery is completly gone or if its recoverable? I've left it in the spark tonight on charge. Lets see in the morning if its sorted itself out.

Thanks,
Mike

2017-8-4
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

oh wow!  thats crazy, i hope DJi does not hassle you and just send you a free replacement battery, ...maybe another clue to the mystery of falling sparks!
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We are sorry to hear about this, Mike. So now you can not power the battery on when it is in the Spark and sometimes you will get 5 or 6 short first LED flashes, right? Could you please provide us with a video about this case? And please export the flight data on the drone and upload it to Dropbox for a better analysis. Thanks.
2017-8-4
Use props
kn0xster
lvl.2
Switzerland

Hi Thor,

I'll take a video later today when Im able to.

For the logs I did hook it up to the DJI Assistant (on OSX) last night with another working battery in the spark but i couldn't seem to get it to download the logs. I waited about 10 minutes. Should I wait longer?
2017-8-4
Use props
kn0xster
lvl.2
United Kingdom

kn0xster Posted at 2017-8-4 21:29
Hi Thor,

I'll take a video later today when Im able to.

Here are a couple  of the videos

Google videos

2017-8-5
Use props
kn0xster
lvl.2
United Kingdom

And the log files. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mc8w8 ... p8RjBFjC8dqUca?dl=0
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thank you so much for the reply, since I saw the video and learnt that you connected a cable to the drone, just to verify, were you charging that time, was the battery owned a power above 90%? Also, I had forwarded this to our engineers, I'll reply you back once I heard from them. Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.
2017-8-6
Use props
kn0xster
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-6 02:21
Thank you so much for the reply, since I saw the video and learnt that you connected a cable to the drone, just to verify, were you charging that time, was the battery owned a power above 90%? Also, I had forwarded this to our engineers, I'll reply you back once I heard from them. Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.

HI Thor,
Yes the battery was at 100%.

Sure, let me know what else you need.

Thanks,
Mike
2017-8-6
Use props
kn0xster
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Thor, any luck with this?
2017-8-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

kn0xster Posted at 2017-8-8 00:44
Hi Thor, any luck with this?

Not yet, I had informed the engineers to escalate and I'll reply you once I heard from them. Sorry for the difficulties and thank you for the patiently.
2017-8-9
Use props
fans3c3673db
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Thor, where can I find the DJI Quick Tips site?  I don't see them in the Spark download/videos site.
2017-8-9
Use props
kn0xster
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-9 01:57
Not yet, I had informed the engineers to escalate and I'll reply you once I heard from them. Sorry for the difficulties and thank you for the patiently.

No problem. Let me know if you get an update. Im keen to see.

Thanks
2017-8-10
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

fans3c3673db Posted at 2017-8-9 02:55
Thor, where can I find the DJI Quick Tips site?  I don't see them in the Spark download/videos site.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8-vxWY64sBNIrePb_pR6Rd2Cp8GaKa_i
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans3c3673db Posted at 2017-8-9 02:55

You can refer to the reply at 13#, and please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.
2017-8-10
Use props
kn0xster
lvl.2
Switzerland

Hi Thor, Ï think my original thread was hijacked by fans3c3673db asking for the quick tips. Did you manage to get an update or even have the developer analyse the log files?
2017-8-14
Use props
wisnia.sebastia
lvl.1

Hong Kong

We have analyzed your data and found the flight controller was working properly. Sorry to tell you that the drone and batteries need to be sent in for further analysis. Please feel free to contact the support to get a case number and tell me your case number.
2017-8-14
Use props
kn0xster
lvl.2
Switzerland

wisnia.sebastia Posted at 2017-8-14 21:26
We have analyzed your data and found the flight controller was working properly. Sorry to tell you that the drone and batteries need to be sent in for further analysis. Please feel free to contact the support to get a case number and tell me your case number.

Hi Wisnia, No problem. I raised a return for the battery already and sent it to the DJI facility in Germany last week. I am sure they will contact me soon.

Glad to hear its just the battery. I've been flying since without any issues on two other batteries.

Do you know if there is a way to follow the progress on a returned item?

Thanks,
Mike
2017-8-14
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

kn0xster Posted at 2017-8-14 23:30
Hi Wisnia, No problem. I raised a return for the battery already and sent it to the DJI facility in Germany last week. I am sure they will contact me soon.

Glad to hear its just the battery. I've been flying since without any issues on two other batteries.

I wonder if that wasnia.sebastia a staff from DJI. You can see the DJI representatives' names always start with DJI: DJI Thor, DJI Susan, DJI Natalia,... Also, if you see, Wisnia status is a beginner, I would doubt his comment above. Maybe just a prank.
2017-8-14
Use props
kn0xster
lvl.2
Switzerland

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-8-14 23:39
I wonder if that wasnia.sebastia a staff from DJI. You can see the DJI representatives' names always start with DJI: DJI Thor, DJI Susan, DJI Natalia,... Also, if you see, Wisnia status is a beginner, I would doubt his comment above. Maybe just a prank.

You could be right Phuong Do.
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

You can refer to the link below to track your case, what is your case number? https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

It was the reply of our engineer on 16#. You can refer to DJI Diana's reply to check the repair process.
2017-8-15
Use props
kn0xster
lvl.2
Switzerland

Thanks DJI Diana. Thats just what I was looking for.
2017-8-15
Use props
kn0xster
lvl.2
Switzerland

Just a quick update...

so the DJI returns centre looked at the battery and there must have been an issue as they are shipping a replacement. I haven't received it yet so i dont know if they will give any reasons as to what happened with the other battery or what the issue was. I certainly hope so. Lets see...
2017-8-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

kn0xster Posted at 2017-8-24 01:29
Just a quick update...

so the DJI returns centre looked at the battery and there must have been an issue as they are shipping a replacement. I haven't received it yet so i dont know if they will give any reasons as to what happened with the other battery or what the issue was. I certainly hope so. Lets see...

Thanks for the update!
2017-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules