1611 17 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bernardren07
Second Officer
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I sent link youtube. Problem phantom 4 remote controller charger not working anymore. i seen alot of people complained.
2017-8-4
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha bernard,

Sorry, but your video shows what happens when my remote controller is finished being charged.  That is how the lights turn off.  Did you unplug the charger and then press the "On" button once to see how much charge was on the controller?  You could have done that in the video.  Just pull the plug and press the button.  Then if the controller shows less than 4 lights, we can see that the controller is not fully charged and we can understand your problem.  Try it and let us know.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can't see the 4th LED lighting up, does anything change if it's left connected to charger for a while ?

On the face of it, it looks like a faulty unit. The RC unit is a 12 month warranty:-

https://www.dji.com/service/policy

EDIT:- Have you tried a reset of RC unit ?

* Turn on the controller, the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter (top right button nearest antenna) on the controller and hold for about 2 seconds or so until it beeps (D-DDD), then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote if needed.

2017-8-5
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

Cetacean Posted at 2017-8-5 03:01
Aloha bernard,

Sorry, but your video shows what happens when my remote controller is finished being charged.  That is how the lights turn off.  Did you unplug the charger and then press the "On" button once to see how much charge was on the controller?  You could have done that in the video.  Just pull the plug and press the button.  Then if the controller shows less than 4 lights, we can see that the controller is not fully charged and we can understand your problem.  Try it and let us know.

Hello Cetacean. When i charged the remote controller until 3 blink light then stop. it show like full charge around 50% to 70%. My old phantom 3 pro remote controller i tried to charge until 4 blink full charge. it show 100%. I had been tried alot of time still not working after update firmware v1.9.2. Not like phantom 3 pro update v1.9.2 stable well. P4 R.I.P Lucky i got 1 month left warranty and sent it to DJI already. DJI said will send it to me around 1 month. wow so long
2017-8-5
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-5 03:23
I can't see the 4th LED lighting up, does anything change if it's left connected to charger for a while ?

On the face of it, it looks like a faulty unit. The RC unit is a 12 month warranty:-

Hi. Aardvark. I already tried press C1, C2 and shutter. i tested to charge remote controller and show 3 blink leds then off itself. it show full charge 50% to 70%. Seen like remote controller faulty. Must be happen after update firmware. Seen like happen my old samsung note 7 update firmware from 100% to 60% to prevent bomb battery issue. i already sent it to DJI. Now i use my old phantom 3 pro. Luckily i dont sell p3p.  I need it for trip or etc. If not i hv nothing to do. I have to catch bird then attach mobile on chest and fly up with video
2017-8-5
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

bernardren07 Posted at 2017-8-5 11:38
Hello Cetacean. When i charged the remote controller until 3 blink light then stop. it show like full charge around 50% to 70%. My old phantom 3 pro remote controller i tried to charge until 4 blink full charge. it show 100%. I had been tried alot of time still not working after update firmware v1.9.2. Not like phantom 3 pro update v1.9.2 stable well. P4 R.I.P Lucky i got 1 month left warranty and sent it to DJI already. DJI said will send it to me around 1 month. wow so long

Aloha bernard,

Good that you sent it in.  So, when it was completely disconnected and you pressed the "On" button once, only three lights came on?

BTW, on the Pre-Flight Check-List for the DJI GO 4 app, there is a reading for how much charge is in the Remote Controller.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can try to upgrade the RC to the latest firmware and see will the issue resolve. If it still not works, please send it in for repair. Since I learnt that you had already sent it back, we will take care of it. Hope we can get it sorted out shortly. Appreciate your patience.
2017-8-5
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

Cetacean Posted at 2017-8-5 14:08
Aloha bernard,

Good that you sent it in.  So, when it was completely disconnected and you pressed the "On" button once, only three lights came on?

Hi. yes. after full charge. I press "on" it show 3 leds. not full 4 leds. I checked forum all who own p4 also same issue as me. I sent you link who same issue as me.

other countires people have issue same as me. Not like my own phantom 3 pro no issue. if you have p4. check your update firmware first v1.9.2 and test your battery. it's not last longer like when u saw it was fine today and the next day is issue worst.
2017-8-5
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-5 19:43
You can try to upgrade the RC to the latest firmware and see will the issue resolve. If it still not works, please send it in for repair. Since I learnt that you had already sent it back, we will take care of it. Hope we can get it sorted out shortly. Appreciate your patience.

Hi. I already tested update latest firmware and cause issue battery charger not working. like after update firmware. it was fine and look good and next day I charge remote controller and issue worst already. I tried to downgrade v1.56 and v1.60 all still no use. it cant save p4 come back life. like latest firmware virus attack my p4 remote controller. R.I.P Phantom 4. I already sent it to seller who I bought. he will help me to send to dji.
2017-8-5
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

Dear all,

Make sure u all must update firmware v1.9.2 to your remote controller and check for 1 weeks to a month to make sure must be no faulty charger issue and check full 4 leds. if not, u will end up like me and other people
2017-8-5
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

Cetacean Posted at 2017-8-5 14:08
Aloha bernard,

I forget to tell u. yes I checked dji go 4 app and remote controller show 60% after full charge with 3 blink leds.
2017-8-5
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

bernardren07 Posted at 2017-8-5 21:24
I forget to tell u. yes I checked dji go 4 app and remote controller show 60% after full charge with 3 blink leds.

Aloha bernard,

It looks like the last cell is not connected or is faulty.  You need to send it in for replacement or repair.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-6
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

bernardren07 Posted at 2017-8-5 21:24

Aloha bernard,

Such a bummer because they are so much more fun when they are in the air!  Good luck!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

bernardren07 Posted at 2017-8-5 21:05
Hi. I already tested update latest firmware and cause issue battery charger not working. like after update firmware. it was fine and look good and next day I charge remote controller and issue worst already. I tried to downgrade v1.56 and v1.60 all still no use. it cant save p4 come back life. like latest firmware virus attack my p4 remote controller. R.I.P Phantom 4. I already sent it to seller who I bought. he will help me to send to dji.

Sorry for the difficulties, hope you can get the drone back to air quickly.
2017-8-7
Use props
pnewell0259
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65892 ft
United Kingdom

HI, I have exactly the same issue ... I can get the charge up to 70% by continually charging every so often but it never gets to the 4th light ! Like you I will be sending it in for repair. This is a design fault and DJI need to come up with a replacement unit with removable standard batteries ! They are acting like Apple !!
2017-8-7
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

pnewell0259 Posted at 2017-8-7 05:21
HI, I have exactly the same issue ... I can get the charge up to 70% by continually charging every so often but it never gets to the 4th light ! Like you I will be sending it in for repair. This is a design fault and DJI need to come up with a replacement unit with removable standard batteries ! They are acting like Apple !!

hi. yes. u already sent whole flight, remote controller etc to dji?  i already sent whole package to dji.  some flight got problem wobble when use remote controller. recommend sent whole to dji for repair but i wish to get new 1 rather than repair. repair may sometime crack we cant see inside.
2017-8-8
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-7 03:28
Sorry for the difficulties, hope you can get the drone back to air quickly.

haha ok. i cant wait to get phantom 4 asap. i love phantom 3 pro and phantom 4. i treat them as my wives.
2017-8-8
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

Hi to all. my phantom 4 have warranty so i sent my remote controller to dji. i have to pay if warranty still have?
2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules