DJI Spark Rc Issue different
1706 19 2017-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_nQ6OCXp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14908 ft
Cambodia

Hi, I know lots of RC issues around but i believe my problem is different.

After wasting at least 10 battery loads and various up, downgrading and factory resets, my Spark does and dont do the following:

Factory Firmware Rc connects after downgrade, Drone Wifi not apparent but can be activated by pressing the 6second DD combo on the drone.The RC wifi cannot be found!

Hence i can fly on Phone,Phone+RC with hardwire as well as with RC only!

Once I upgrade to latest firmware 100.500 i believe, I am able to find the Rc,s Wifi and the Drones Wifi straight away but linking process of Rc and Drone is not possible! I assume this happens because of interference as I am not able to turn off the visible Wifi Signal of the Drone hence only flight by Phone possible.

Q1 Is there anything i can do except waitng for a firmware update? (i tried all 3 combinations on the drone)

Q2 Is there a combination on the remote to perform factory reset/wifi on/off?

Q3 How can I reset the firmware on the Rc?

Thanks a lot for your help
2017-8-5
Use props
ParaHawg
lvl.1
United States

I have same problem.  No RC wifi signal. No link to drone.  Need RC reset ASAP
2017-8-5
Use props
Zasosa
New
Ukraine

Same issue here, updated and cannot link controller and drone anymore. Tried to downgrade both controller and drone no effect.  Both drone and RC are reachable thru wifi.
2017-8-6
Use props
djiuser_Ab6yFGd
New
Flight distance : 184 ft
Germany

same problem here...no RC wifi signal...only a blinking red LED...what is the meaning of this blinking red LED?
2017-8-6
Use props
Choncho
New

Spain

Hi! Ándale exactly the dame problema herencia! Red blinking led and a very disapointed beep all the time in the RC sibce i hace updated the firmware. Ánd it was really important for me to have everything perfect, that's why I updated, Tomorrow i was suposed to have muy FIRST work with It. What a MESS!
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, had you upgraded the RC to the latest firmware before? Did it succeed? Besides, what color is the RC's LED light and how does it blink even when you power the RC after 1 minute?
Please try to reset the RC by pressing and holding the power button for 9 seconds after powering on. If you still can't search the WiFi of the RC, please send the controller back and provide us with your case number.
Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your assistance.
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Zasosa Posted at 2017-8-6 07:49
Same issue here, updated and cannot link controller and drone anymore. Tried to downgrade both controller and drone no effect.  Both drone and RC are reachable thru wifi.

Just to verify, you can have the RC's WiFi connected with your mobile device, right? If so, please refer to the tutorial to relink your drone and RC:
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_Ab6yFGd Posted at 2017-8-6 09:10
same problem here...no RC wifi signal...only a blinking red LED...what is the meaning of this blinking red LED?

How does the red LED light blink? If it has solid red light after powering the RC on for a while, that means you need to relink the drone and RC. But if it blinks red all the time, please try to reset the RC, if the RC still does not work, please send it back for repair.
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Choncho Posted at 2017-8-6 11:37
Hi! Ándale exactly the dame problema herencia! Red blinking led and a very disapointed beep all the time in the RC sibce i hace updated the firmware. Ánd it was really important for me to have everything perfect, that's why I updated, Tomorrow i was suposed to have muy FIRST work with It. What a MESS!

Please refer to my reply at 6#. Thanks.
2017-8-6
Use props
djiuser_nQ6OCXp
lvl.1
Cambodia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-6 19:50
Just to verify, had you upgraded the RC to the latest firmware before? Did it succeed? Besides, what color is the RC and how does it blink even when you power the RC after 1 minute?
Please try to reset the RC by pressing and holding the power button after powering on. If you still can't search the WiFi of the RC, please send the controller back and provide us with your case number.
Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your assistance.

Hi yes i believe i had upgraded the remote to the latest firmware,  will try the reset of the remote in a minute is there any other option to access the RC´s firmware ?

I mean the drone is flying nicely in factory firmware, I am just worried and miss out on the updates plus I cannot connect by wifi to the RC.

I purchased the Drone in a small shop here in Cambodia, how would an exchange of the remote go down ? Do I have to send in everything ?

Thank you very much and best wishes from Cambodia,

Marius
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_nQ6OCXp Posted at 2017-8-7 02:01
Hi yes i believe i had upgraded the remote to the latest firmware,  will try the reset of the remote in a minute is there any other option to access the RC´s firmware ?

I mean the drone is flying nicely in factory firmware, I am just worried and miss out on the updates plus I cannot connect by wifi to the RC.

I should add more details about the reset of RC's WiFi: please hold the power button of RC for 9 seconds until you heard the sound. Then power on the aircraft and controller, search the WiFi which named "spark-rc-xxxxx".
Spark only support DJI GO 4 app for upgrading. So there are no other options to catch RC's firmware.
You can send an email to support@dji.com, email support will guide you to send it in. Thank you.
2017-8-7
Use props
djiuser_nQ6OCXp
lvl.1
Cambodia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-7 03:10
I should add more details about the reset of RC's WiFi: please hold the power button of RC for 9 seconds until you heard the sound. Then power on the aircraft and controller, search the WiFi which named "spark-rc-xxxxx".
Spark only support DJI GO 4 app for upgrading. So there are no other options to catch RC's firmware.
You can send an email to , email support will guide you to send it in. Thank you.

While the remote is off ? I did this combination before and it worked now it seems not too. I will get into contact with your support. Thank you very much for your guidance.
2017-8-7
Use props
ParaHawg
lvl.1
United States

@DJIThor. I have the same problem. Firmware update failed on the RC. Now NO RC WIFI signal.  Flashing red LED on RC. RC won't connect to spark or phone.
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_nQ6OCXp Posted at 2017-8-7 03:45
While the remote is off ? I did this combination before and it worked now it seems not too. I will get into contact with your support. Thank you very much for your guidance.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that the reset process needed to be done after powering on the RC.
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

ParaHawg Posted at 2017-8-7 08:06
@DJIThor. I have the same problem. Firmware update failed on the RC. Now NO RC WIFI signal.  Flashing red LED on RC. RC won't connect to spark or phone.

Please try to reset the RC, please hold the power button of RC for 9 seconds after powering it on, and you will hear a ”BBB" sound from RC. Try to see if you can search the WiFi of the RC. If you are not able to connect the WiFi. I recommend sending it in for repair.
2017-8-9
Use props
ParaHawg
lvl.1
United States

I have the same problem.
Blinking red led, NO WIFI signal from the RC. Is there no other way to reset the RC. Is there a way to update or reflash the RC firmware?
2017-8-10
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Hi guys, I don't know if it is a glitch, but I have a friend also cannot link RC to aircraft after the update, it just keep beeping red then no link.
This has been reported on forum before, I tried the method and worked for me, so you guys can try the following:
-Connect Spark to mobile, go out and get >10 satellite, then take off.
-After it says "home point recorded", you can land it.
-Bring the aircraft inside, do the 3 button combo to link with RC again, it should connect now.
-Then you should recalibrate the IMU and compass (My friend's aircraft drifting after the reconnection, so it is advisable to recalibrate)
Hope it helps.
2017-8-10
Use props
ParaHawg
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-9 04:42
Please try to reset the RC, please hold the power button of RC for 9 seconds after powering it on, and you will hear a ”BBB" sound from RC. Try to see if you can search the WiFi of the RC. If you are not able to connect the WiFi. I recommend sending it in for repair.

Contacted DJI support chat. He suggested let RC battery deplete and recharge.
DID NOT WORK.
RC red led blinking.
WILL NOT BIND TO SPARK
WILL NOT broadcast Wifi from RC
9 sec RC reset does NOTHING!!

What a piece of crap.  FIX THIS DJI!!!
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

ParaHawg Posted at 2017-8-11 20:29
Contacted DJI support chat. He suggested let RC battery deplete and recharge.
DID NOT WORK.
RC red led blinking.

If it still not works, please send it back. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the kind understanding,
2017-8-13
Use props
truong
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16680 ft
Singapore

Just wonder if the problem can be solved by some reset tricks or the RC need sending back for repairing? I am also encountering the same problem. RC's WIFI could not be found. The red led light on the RC keeps blinking. After several minutes, the RC starts beeping (forever until any button is pressed)

Already try 9 seconds pressing on power button but didn't help.
2017-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules