New update Problems...please help!!
1546 29 2017-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChristineL
lvl.2
United States

I tried to update my firmware the other day while on vacation.  It completely shut me down.  My RC wont connect to the drone anymore.  I called support, they walked me through steps to link the controller to the drone and that did not work.  They then told me that its a manufacturing issue and I need to send it in for repairs, at no cost.  Really?!  This is my business, I take photos for realtors.  I've already had to cancel 2 jobs for next week.  This could really hurt me.  Does anyone have any advice??  I am a beginner with this updating process.  
2017-8-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try to reset the RC

* Turn on the controller, the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter (top right button nearest antenna) on the controller and hold for about 2 seconds or so until it beeps (D-DDD), then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote if needed.

This can be done manually (without using DJI Go):-

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller, then the controller will beep 'D-DD'.
*Let go all fingers, then press the wheel on the right side of the controller (It's a 'click wheel', similar to a mouse wheel) and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will link soon.
2017-8-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also when you look at 'About' in 'General Settings' menu, what builds does it show for the firmware and App' ?
2017-8-6
Use props
sunflovver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 173402 ft
Singapore

Hello, I got issues with my P4P+ after the update. I use the drone for mapping.  1. After the update it doesn't shoot as rapidly as before. Once in a while it will get stuck and will not shoot until I refocus or resume shooting after a significant delay. It is a great inconvenience as I have to break the drone until i actually get my image. It could take 3 to 10 seconds to resume. It happens at random. I didn't notice any special condition that triggers this problem. 2. I found that a significant number of images didn't record. a block of images in the mid session just didn't record. It happened several times in seemingly random locations.  3. Once in a while the RC applies at  a distance limit 50m when it was not set up. Restarting RC fixes it. However, this happened several times. 4. Once Gimbal was not facing straight after start. Restarting aircraft fixed it. 5. Aircraft failed to keep stable position (once). restarting aircraft fixed it. 6. After inserting the photos into processing app, I see the GPS coordinates jumping up and down from session to session.  All this problems didn't happen before the update. Actually, the update failed first. The gimbal was making lots of noise and wouldn't stop. Then I sent it for repairs. After it came back it was flying but with all these problems. the difficulty is that all these problems happen at random and most time it shoots just fine. If sent to repair again - there is a chance it performs fine under a short test. I got to get it working like before. Please advice.
2017-8-6
Use props
ChristineL
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-6 07:17
Also when you look at 'About' in 'General Settings' menu, what builds does it show for the firmware and App' ?

I tried the instructions above and the light on the remote never turned blue.  the settings show App version 4.1.5,  remote control version 1.8.0
2017-8-6
Use props
ChristineL
lvl.2
United States

ChristineL Posted at 2017-8-6 07:26
I tried the instructions above and the light on the remote never turned blue.  the settings show App version 4.1.5,  remote control version 1.8.0

aircraft version is unknown because it can't connect.
2017-8-6
Use props
ChristineL
lvl.2
United States

maybe I should be updating the remote? I thought I did this.  are there specific instructions?  Sorry, new to this and really appreciate your help!
2017-8-6
Use props
ChristineL
lvl.2
United States

another issue I seem to be having is that the drone battery will not turn off unless I remove it!!
2017-8-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ChristineL Posted at 2017-8-6 07:27
aircraft version is unknown because it can't connect.

OK , when the light on the RC turns blue it is waiting for one minute to link to aircraft (like pairing a Bluetooth device). During that time you need to press and hold for a few seconds the link button on the aircraft, which just happens to be the LED next to the SD card slot on aircraft, which doubles up as LED/Link button  (Aircraft should be powered up).
2017-8-6
Use props
ChristineL
lvl.2
United States

another issue I seem to be having is that the drone battery will not turn off unless I remove it!!

just removed the battery from the drone and the actual battery refuses to shut off.  interesting.
2017-8-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Turn off drone battery same way as turning on (same as RC) one short push followed immediately by another push and wait for the four LEDS to light up. If it offers an upgrade of RC then do that, but you 'might' still need to relink.
2017-8-6
Use props
ChristineL
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-6 07:31
Turn off drone battery same way as turning on (same as RC) one short push followed immediately by another push and wait for the four LEDS to light up. If it offers an upgrade of RC then do that, but you 'might' still need to relink.

I do know how to shut off the battery and its lighting up the battery lines just like it does when checking the battery level status.  wish I could send you a video of it...its sitting in front of me and just keeps flashing, lol...this I nuts.  I'm going to try hooking my drone to my phone with another battery and see if it prompts any update.  I did the update through my Mac the other day.
2017-8-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ChristineL Posted at 2017-8-6 07:38
I do know how to shut off the battery and its lighting up the battery lines just like it does when checking the battery level status.  wish I could send you a video of it...its sitting in front of me and just keeps flashing, lol...this I nuts.  I'm going to try hooking my drone to my phone with another battery and see if it prompts any update.  I did the update through my Mac the other day.

Patience is what's needed :-) You're heading in the right direction. Practice the on off procedure Push_Release_Push_and hold for about 3-4 seconds.

And on top of that you need to run the update on aircraft with each battery, as there is a battery firmware update (built in as part of aircraft update).
2017-8-6
Use props
ChristineL
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-6 07:29
OK , when the light on the RC turns blue it is waiting for one minute to link to aircraft (like pairing a Bluetooth device). During that time you need to press and hold for a few seconds the link button on the aircraft, which just happens to be the LED next to the SD card slot on aircraft, which doubles up as LED/Link button  (Aircraft should be powered up).

my RC light never turned blue though.....I will try again.  and again, really appreciate your help!
2017-8-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ChristineL Posted at 2017-8-6 07:40
my RC light never turned blue though.....I will try again.  and again, really appreciate your help!

* Press C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller, then the controller will beep 'D-DD'.
*Let go all fingers, then press the wheel on the right side of the controller (It's a 'click wheel', similar to a mouse wheel) and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will link soon.
2017-8-6
Use props
ChristineL
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-6 07:45

trying to refresh the update right now via my Mac, with a new battery... in a few minutes I will try again with resetting the remote via your instructions.  that other battery is still flashing green, lol.
2017-8-6
Use props
ChristineL
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-6 07:45

should I have my phone connected and the dpi app open when I do this?
2017-8-6
Use props
ChristineL
lvl.2
United States

ChristineL Posted at 2017-8-6 08:03
should I have my phone connected and the dpi app open when I do this?

meant DJI app
2017-8-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No need to, just the RC & aircraft.

The phone or display just runs the Application which provides additional features and information (video feed etc). You can fly aircraft with RC only, but with limits introduced on this firmware build it would be limited to 30m Altitude and 50m radius if using RC only.
2017-8-6
Use props
ChristineL
lvl.2
United States

Can't thank you enough for your help.....I am back up and flying.  Thanks!!
2017-8-6
Use props
ChristineL
lvl.2
United States

ChristineL Posted at 2017-8-6 08:45
Can't thank you enough for your help.....I am back up and flying.  Thanks!!

I think the main issue was that I never updated to the correct version for the RC (dummy move).  DJI support should have had me check that when on the phone with them.  They wanted me to send it to them to be "fixed".
2017-8-6
Use props
Morten Rask
New
Flight distance : 1059137 ft

Denmark

Dear DJI,
I have 06 JUL 2017 updated the DJI GO app for an Android device. After the update the DJI GO app brake down, as soon the drone get satellite connection. As long I am in door with the drone and there is no satellite connection, the DJI GO app runs just fine. When I go out door and the drone (Phantom 4) get satellite connection, the DJI GO app crash right away. Can you please help me out? The Android device has worked just fine until after the last update.

Best regards
Morten Rask
2017-8-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ChristineL Posted at 2017-8-6 08:46
I think the main issue was that I never updated to the correct version for the RC (dummy move).  DJI support should have had me check that when on the phone with them.  They wanted me to send it to them to be "fixed".

They are just reading from a tick sheet and if all else fails they will ask for units to be sent back so they can fix the problem.

If you're not fully familiar with aircraft then grab a coffee and read through the manual a couple of times, and take notes if needed.

This page is a good bookmark and a wealth of info' :- http://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info#downloads
2017-8-6
Use props
ChristineL
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-6 08:58
They are just reading from a tick sheet and if all else fails they will ask for units to be sent back so they can fix the problem.

If you're not fully familiar with aircraft then grab a coffee and read through the manual a couple of times, and take notes if needed.

Thank you!
2017-8-6
Use props
ChristineL
lvl.2
United States

Morten Rask Posted at 2017-8-6 08:55
Dear DJI,
I have 06 JUL 2017 updated the DJI GO app for an Android device. After the update the DJI GO app brake down, as soon the drone get satellite connection. As long I am in door with the drone and there is no satellite connection, the DJI GO app runs just fine. When I go out door and the drone (Phantom 4) get satellite connection, the DJI GO app crash right away. Can you please help me out? The Android device has worked just fine until after the last update.

you may want to post this question on a new thread in the forum, you will get a better response
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

sunflovver Posted at 2017-8-6 07:22
Hello, I got issues with my P4P+ after the update. I use the drone for mapping.  1. After the update it doesn't shoot as rapidly as before. Once in a while it will get stuck and will not shoot until I refocus or resume shooting after a significant delay. It is a great inconvenience as I have to break the drone until i actually get my image. It could take 3 to 10 seconds to resume. It happens at random. I didn't notice any special condition that triggers this problem. 2. I found that a significant number of images didn't record. a block of images in the mid session just didn't record. It happened several times in seemingly random locations.  3. Once in a while the RC applies at  a distance limit 50m when it was not set up. Restarting RC fixes it. However, this happened several times. 4. Once Gimbal was not facing straight after start. Restarting aircraft fixed it. 5. Aircraft failed to keep stable position (once). restarting aircraft fixed it. 6. After inserting the photos into processing app, I see the GPS coordinates jumping up and down from session to session.  All this problems didn't happen before the update. Actually, the update failed first. The gimbal was making lots of noise and wouldn't stop. Then I sent it for repairs. After it came back it was flying but with all these problems. the difficulty is that all these problems happen at random and most time it shoots just fine. If sent to repair again - there is a chance it performs fine under a short test. I got to get it working like before. Please advice.

May I know what's the current firmware of your aircraft, controller and APP? Please send us the screenshot of About interface and PM me your case number, I'd like to look into the issue.
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Morten Rask Posted at 2017-8-6 08:55
Dear DJI,

Morten, may I know which type of your mobile and what's the APP version? How about re-installing the APP or changing to another recommended mobile?
2017-8-6
Use props
Morten Rask
New

Denmark

ChristineL Posted at 2017-8-6 09:02
you may want to post this question on a new thread in the forum, you will get a better response

Thanks a lot ChristineL, I tried but with put any success. I have no idea what I did wrong ;-). I have now send an e-mail for DJI.
2017-8-7
Use props
Morten Rask
New

Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-6 22:27
Morten, may I know which type of your mobile and what's the APP version? How about re-installing the APP or changing to another recommended mobile?

Dear DJI Susan, I have tried to reinstall the DJI GO app, but unfortunately without any luck. I have tried some different Android devices, also without any luck. All my Android devices have been working just fine until the Android DJI GO update three days ago.  
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Morten Rask Posted at 2017-8-7 09:52
Dear DJI Susan, I have tried to reinstall the DJI GO app, but unfortunately without any luck. I have tried some different Android devices, also without any luck. All my Android devices have been working just fine until the Android DJI GO update three days ago.

To ensure the stability, I would recommend you to check the performance with the recommended mobile which have been fully tested. It will be helpful to find the exact reason. Appreciated your cooperation.
2017-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules