7948 11 2017-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ToonTonic
New
Flight distance : 47359 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all

As the title says, I only really record in 4K (not UHD). I note that on my Samsung S7 Edge that the footage stores as 720p but when removing the SD card from the Mavic, the same footage is full 4K as intended.

Im pretty sure theres a logical explanation to this, im just not having luck finding it.

Its adding alot to my already very stressful attitude towards this DJI Go app on Android.

Many thanks to any replies
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

The video that streams from your aircraft to your device is only 1080p maximum (depending on settings). Any glitches and interruptions in connection will be visible on this video stream. For the actual content recorded in full res and not affected by Occusync connection, you will be grabbing the footage off your SD card.
2017-8-7
Use props
StianGel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

There is limited bandwith in the live view.
That is why you only get the 720p on the phone.
2017-8-7
Use props
idofuel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 476768 ft
United States

actually a great feature if you think about it...I download from the card to get full quality and just use the cache files for intention of quick view so it doesn't hog up the device storage
2017-8-7
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Trying to transmit live 4K footage at 60 mbps over several kilometres is asking for alot!
2017-8-7
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

Fire up your Mavic and connect as usual, as if for a flight. Open up DJI Go 4.
Click Editor.
Go to the video you want. Click it.
Click Download Original.

Even easier: pull the SD card from your Mavic and get the video from there.
2017-8-7
Use props
ToonTonic
New
Flight distance : 47359 ft
United Kingdom

Spot on folks.

Wasnt expecting 4k from mavic whilst in flight, just pondered why its only 720p.

Ill continue to keep pulling direct from the SD card
2017-8-8
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

thanks for the question - helps me out too.
2017-8-9
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

ephektz Posted at 2017-8-7 20:12
Fire up your Mavic and connect as usual, as if for a flight. Open up DJI Go 4.
Click Editor.
Go to the video you want. Click it.

This doesn't work for 2.7 or 4K... you have to connect via USB or pull the SD-Card from the mavic... files are very big and wireless transfer will take very long time, therefore use cable or put SD-Card in computer...
2017-8-9
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Mari Posted at 2017-8-9 11:48
This doesn't work for 2.7 or 4K... you have to connect via USB or pull the SD-Card from the mavic... files are very big and wireless transfer will take very long time, therefore use cable or put SD-Card in computer...

I can download 2.7K wireless on my iPad Air2, I cannot download greater than 1080p on my iPhone 6 Plus. It seems to vary by device. I never record in 4K since I don't have a computer that can handle it.
2017-8-9
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

Works fine for me on my iPad Pro. No problems whatsoever. I agree though, the way to do it is by either plugging the Mavic into the computer or yanking the SD card.
2017-8-9
Use props
kosmelnikov
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634098 ft
  • >>>

With Sync for DJI app even large files can be useful on phone. The app has Trim before download feature that allows download only the best moments of video. The app available on iOS or Android.
2019-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules