How to convert 4K to another format to edit on Video Studio 10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_aiueNNK
New

United Kingdom

I hope there is someone who can help with this problem.
I have Studio 10 installed and tried to edit and render my 4K files to DVD.  I did not realise that I would need i7 processor to do this.  My laptop is only i3, but I thought there may be a way the 4k files could be converted to another format.  After spending over 8 hours over two remote sessions with the tech people from Corel, they have not been able to provide any answer.  They downloaded the Handbrake software which is the only one they recommend, but this only has 2 options to convert, and both failed.
I have been looking myself at the many free converters, the latest one being Pavtube, but they want you to buy to get the full programme.
Can anyone help please.

The only thing that did work through studio 10 was that I changed the recording format on my camcorder to iFrame, took some footage and went through the process to render to DVD.  This worked ok on my laptop and the dvd player.

But my problem is that I have many 4K files that I need to convert to render through studio 10.  These files are part of a short film I am in the middle of for the local community in the town I live in.   
2017-8-8
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78074 ft
United States

sadly an i3 can't handle that level of work.  i3 where meant to be go one line and browse the internet and read some online articles, type up a paper, simple things like that.  You would need a i5 (min) to do that, and possible may need an i7.
it may be possable you could uploaded the video file to youtube, then downloaded it at a lower quality (using an online downlooader, i use this one time and time http://en.savefrom.net/1-how-to-download-youtube-video/)

that the best i can see you doing.
2017-8-10
Use props
MrSpock
New

United Kingdom

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-8-10 16:03
sadly an i3 can't handle that level of work.  i3 where meant to be go one line and browse the internet and read some online articles, type up a paper, simple things like that.  You would need a i5 (min) to do that, and possible may need an i7.
it may be possable you could uploaded the video file to youtube, then downloaded it at a lower quality (using an online downlooader, i use this one time and time http://en.savefrom.net/1-how-to-download-youtube-video/)

Thanks for that, the tech guys at corel told me the same, but they only use Handbrake converter which turned out to be no good, even to convert the 4K files to another format to use in Studio 10.
I will try what you advised and hope to get it sorted.  Many thanks for replying.  
2017-8-12
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78074 ft
United States

MrSpock Posted at 2017-8-12 06:06
Thanks for that, the tech guys at corel told me the same, but they only use Handbrake converter which turned out to be no good, even to convert the 4K files to another format to use in Studio 10.
I will try what you advised and hope to get it sorted.  Many thanks for replying.

Handbrake is more for converting unlock DVD/Blu-ray data to a video file.  
2017-8-12
Use props
christing
lvl.2

Japan

There are several converters out there. The one that I've used in by brorsoft. they have a trial you can download to check it out. Workflow is pretty straight forward.
2017-9-27
Use props
abhishek12
New

India

These are free video downloaders that help in downloading videos from Facebook.
2020-5-4
Use props
Ashishtrank07
lvl.1

India

Hey, I have a suggestion for you, you can easily and free convert videos from convertmp3 and download youtube videos free just one click
convert to mp3
mp4 youtube downloader
2020-7-24
Use props
Ashishtrank07
lvl.1

India

Convert to mp3

Mp4 YouTube downloader
2020-7-24
Use props
Advanced