phantom 3 proffessional compass error, causing crash after update
841 1 2017-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Travis McPHerso
New
Flight distance : 68888 ft

United States

I recently updated my phantom 3 professional to the latest and greatest software. but now I get a compass error and I crashes into the ground.  This is utter crap, I can't use it because its not safe for me to fly around because it is unpredictable.  I have had this for about 1 1/2 years and never once have I had a problem.  I had a fly away on the 8th were I was up at about 20 feet and the craft suddenly lost gps and switched it self to the other modes and then took off in a 45 degree angle going as fast as it can into a tree! I retrieved the drone and thankfully there was no damage.  I was even able to fly the drone that same night and it acted as nothing had happened.  

Today I went out again with it just to make sure that the drone operated in a safe and reliable manner.  It did the same thing while in gps mode and switched modes, had a compass error, low signal and inverted itself and crashed! breaking the carbon fiber propellers.  the drone itself looks ok. so I called the support team to get the thing in to them to see what the problem is.  Which it was not pilot error, I'm thinking more of a firmware problem!  I have never crashed or had a fly away until I upgraded the last time.  

I called the support today not once not twice but 3 times, and after trying to explain to them what had happened, I was shoved off to fill out the internet form.  now I have a business that uses a drone to take pictures of homes or property for sale.  I'm out a drone because of this issue.  I Sending it back to them with there label but form the comments it looks as if people are not happy with them!

We'll see, when ever any one answered the phone all I got was the run around. "oh I'm sorry did you open a claim."  Oh I will transfer you to another person, only to be hung up on.  
call back and get the same guy, what are the chances of that!  then transferred again, and while talking to that person the phone disconnected.  what the heck is going on.  DJI drones are very expensive, but up until now I felt they were worth it with the camera's and the technology, but I am questioning that now.  I was wanting to upgrade to the inspire 2 with the better camera but now I think ill wait, to see if this drone will be repaired or replaced, or what DJI will do if anything at all.  

DON'T UPGRADE TO THE NEW FIRMWARE, UNTIL ITS FIXED
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Apologies for all inconvenience first. Could you PM me your case number? For warranty period, we will conduct data analysis to check the exact reason.
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules