1424 9 2015-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tylerj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1595030 ft
  • >>>
United States

Withoutgoing into any embarrassing details I had a bit of a hard landing with the Inspire,it was on grass and didn’t seem to cause any issues, it dropped from about 8feet. It flew and performed perfectly after that but I noticed one thing when Iput it in travel mode and put it back in the case the legs were a little off,but a fraction of a an inch but enough that I had to jam it in the case.

My question is can the camber of the legs be adjusted? I see a nut at the Tsection, if I loosen that can I adjust the legs out? From a visual perspectiveit seems that one of the legs is just a bit turned in....or should I just leaveit?

Thanks
2015-3-30
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

From what you say, it's probably an easy fix but you may void your warranty if you break any seals.

Good luck and be careful.
2015-3-30
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

If they have moved, check the struts/rods to see if they are still secure in the sockets.  If loose this will cause the arms to rotate.
2015-3-30
Use props
tylerj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thanks! Good word about the seals, I did not know what they were for. Fortunately neither are broken! So i am going to assume everything is ok.

Thanks again.
2015-3-30
Use props
jon
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Whilst not wanting to embarras yourself, knowing how you got into that situation could be helpful for others to avoid it (by others, I'm thinking me! :-/  )

Please share.
2015-3-30
Use props
tylerj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Ha! Well basically panicked, my camera operator put his remote down and walked off to take some photos, I was not paying attention to the screen and the battery got low so I bringing it in for a landing and accidentally pulled the sticks to shut off position about 10 feet off the ground. Personally i think with the Inspire's sonar it should not allow shut down unless grounded. but the motors turned off and it slammed down. I just did a long shoot with it yesterday and all it good so its pretty tough.
2015-4-4
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have noticed that the TRAVEL position will not be correct if the bird is not level or the surface that it is on is not smooth. That is to say if the gear gets any resistance. I tried this on a picnic table once and the leg hung up for a second. The gear ended up in a slightly down position. I took back out of travel mode and back in and it was fine.
2015-4-5
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

tylerj Posted at 2015-4-5 09:14
Ha! Well basically panicked, my camera operator put his remote down and walked off to take some phot ...

Tyler, was the aircraft in landing configuration or did it belly flop on the camera?
2015-4-5
Use props
MJC
New
Australia

I had an issue with the Inspire not parking itself in the correct position, just a little too tight in the case. this has only happen to me once. the grass area that I was on was the cause, placed a piece of paper under the model and it parked itself correctly. I've not pad an issue since.
2015-4-5
Use props
tylerj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Dangair, lander legs were down, I fortunately was just making a quick flight....the stock battery is really bad only last 10-13 min.
2015-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules