Flight distance : 677953 ft
United States

Phantom 4 (no longer under warranty)
Recently started within the past 1 week
Not hitting ribbon
No visible signs of damage
I have already done all calibrations and resets
Latest firmware on all items

So basically, 90% of the startups, this happens.  This little gimbal dance continues on long past IMU initialization and long after the P4 gains full GPS and Home Point recording.  Sometimes it settles after a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes and sometimes not at all.  It's completely sporatic and there is no pattern or common denominator that I am seeing here.

I have seen the other threads about hitting the cable... this is not the case.  I have also seen the threads stating that this may be an issue with the latest firmware.  I sure hope this is the case!

Any help is appreciated.

-Max

2017-8-29
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Had any hard landings?  That's a pretty rough looking surface.
2017-8-29
Use props
n1ghtwish
lvl.2
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-8-29 17:33
Had any hard landings?  That's a pretty rough looking surface.

No hard landings and no crashes.  I use RTH to land 99% of the time.  I live in northern Nevada so all I have is rocky desert but I always smooth out my launch and landing area so that there's nothing the camera may hit during landing.  Only thing I can think of is dust stuck in there somewhere.  
2017-8-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to start a case and send it in for fully diagnosis via support.us@dji.com.
2017-8-29
Use props
n1ghtwish
lvl.2
United States

I have a hard time believing that this is a hardware issue because it only happens during startup.  Once it figures itself out, it's good for the rest of the flight.  
2017-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules