Bad P4P support!
1426 9 2017-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StefanoGinobili
lvl.2
Flight distance : 422818 ft
Italy

I'm trying to resolve the issue already posted in the thread DJI Assistant 2 doesn't detect plugged P4P.I had no success with the forum, so I tryed to contact directly DJI Support.
I tryed to deeply investigate to try to gather as best information as possible to help DJI support to find the problem, but they seem to have no intention to help a P4P customer!!!

Natalia, can you do something please?!

Amadeo (DJI support):

With this, As you've performed almost all the troubleshooting steps regarding this. Could you please try to use a different computer in order to update the firmware of your aircraft.

Me:

I also have a MacBook Pro 13” Retina. Using the Mac (with the same P4P and USB cable) everything works fine. But you agree with me that it is not so easy to perform a good calibration of the P4P’s visual system sensors using a 13” display.

Amadeo (DJI support):

With this, I fully understand your situation and could you please try to use a different Windows PC. You could borrow one from a friend or a relative in order for us to sort this out.
As we need to know if your PC or Operating system is the one that has the issues or the aircraft itself.

Me:

Unfortunately I tried to lookup for a friend with Windows 10 but in my little town it is not so easy.

I tried to install also the latest Windows 10 Update from Microsoft and now my Windows is version 10.0.15063 but the issue is not still resolved.
Please remember at the moment I’m not in conditions to perform an easy calibration of the P4P’s visual system!!! My P4P couldn’t be in a safe fly condition!!!
Can I do other tests to debug this problem? Keep in my mind I’m a software developer, so I can try to perform advanced debug and log grabbing tasks under your guide!

Amadeo (DJI support):

The computer that your going to use for the DJI Assistant 2 doesn't need to be a Windows 10. It could be a Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 in order to try it out. Also, I've managed to verified this with our R&D Department but it would seem that we really need to check if the hardware of your computer that's not detecting the P4P or the aircraft itself is the one that has the issue.

Hoping for your comprehension

Me:

Hello Amadeo,
unfortunately I cannot do the test on another Windows PC (indipendently the Windows version).

But I want to tell you the following:

1) I tryed to launch  (https://github.com/jezzab/) on my Windows PC (the one where DJI Assistant doesn't work) and, plugging my P4P,  recognizes the aircraft on port COM3.

2) Once the P4P is connected to my Windows PC I can browse correctly ftp://192.168.42.2/ with my browser as shown in the following picture.
ftp.png

3) Telnetting the P4P (192.168.42.2:8905) from my Windows PC it seems I receive such a kind of stream as shown in the following picture
telnet.png

Port 8906, 8907 and 8908 seem also to be outputting a stream.

4) DJI Assistant 2 (for Mac) works great when I plug tha same P4P to my MacBook Pro Retina 13".

So, I think it can be ruled out the issue exists on th P4P or on the Windows PC hardware.

Summarizing, using the same P4P:
  - MacBook, DJI Assistant 2 > P4P succesfully recognized
  - Windows PC, DJI Assistant 2  >  P4P not recognized
  - Windows PC,   >  P4P recognized on port COM3
  - Windows PC, ftp://192.168.42.2  >  P4P ftp server recognized
  - Windows PC, TCP on 192.168.42.2:8905   >  Stream received, maybe invalid, but a pretty same stream is received using telnet on the working MacBook

Hope this helps.
Do you have such a kind of tool to provide me to test/debug why DJI Assistant is not working on my Windows PC?
Looking forward to your reply.

Amadeo (DJI support):

With this, we do apologize but we don't have to the tool that you are requesting. As for your concern. It would seem that there are some interference on your PC in which it's not detecting your P4P.
Thank you for understanding

Now, I'm going to sell my MacBook... how will I manage my P4P?!?!

2017-8-30
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Fly it as is,  you could be doing a favor to yourself by not updating.
2017-8-30
Use props
hdpscorp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

the latest DJI Assistant does not have the USB drivers in it, so it will not connect with aircraft. I have the same issue with Win 8.1......if you look up under the drivers, it will show....NO DRIVER at all for DJI. I was
luck enough to find a thread wiht a link from the old DJI Assistant and that worked first time

2017-8-30
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

2017-8-30
Use props
StefanoGinobili
lvl.2
Italy

Thank you all for your support!

@ALABAMA  -  my P4P is already updated to the latest version and (fortunately) it seems to have no problems. I could need DJI Assistant 2 also to calibrate VPS sensors.

@hdpscorp  -  I tryed to install DJI Assistant 2 back to version 1.0.8, but the result is the same. It's a very strange thing: when I plug the P4P I can't see any unknown device (yellow exclamation mark) in the Device Manager. Moreover I can access the aircraft FTP server and other TCP endpoints. Maybe Windows is not recognizing some other kind of peripheral behind the P4P USB hub... or something else. I'm hoping in DJI support to help me to find the issue. I feel to rule out a P4P issue because the same aircraft work perfectly with a MacBook.
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for the experience with our software and support, could you please help us to check if the driver of DJI Assistant 2 has been installed successfully in your PC?
2017-8-31
Use props
StefanoGinobili
lvl.2
Italy

Hi Mandy! Of course! I will help you as best as possible to resolve the issue. Ask me whatever you want to help you to find the problem.

I've already posted a Device Manager screenshot in my previous thread.What kind of information can I gather for you?

Thanks!

2017-8-31
Use props
StefanoGinobili
lvl.2
Italy

Hi Mindy, have you forgetten about me?
What kind of information can I gather for you?
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

StefanoGinobili Posted at 2017-9-7 10:15
Hi Mindy, have you forgetten about me?
What kind of information can I gather for you?

Sorry to have kept you waiting, please reply to me directly, I will get the notification and reply in time.
For your issue, we could only suggest to try different computer with Windows 7 at the moment, appreciate your cooperation for the troubleshooting.
2017-9-10
Use props
StefanoGinobili
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-10 03:07
Sorry to have kept you waiting, please reply to me directly, I will get the notification and reply in time.
For your issue, we could only suggest to try different computer with Windows 7 at the moment, appreciate your cooperation for the troubleshooting.

I tried a PC with Windows 7. DJI Assistant 2 not working and a "USB Composite Device" not installed in Device Manager.
Now I know you hate read back what a DJI (paying) customer wrote about the issue... but please keep in mind the same P4P works great with a MacBook and the same P4P has no driver issue (in Device Manager) and is accessed in many ways from the failing Windows PC... except for DJI Assistant 2. Here is an image from Windows 7
Capture.PNG

Please read back everything I wrote. I'm pretty sure the issue can be quickly resolved jointly a DJI developer, quickier than you (support) think something to write me to gain time. Please show us DJI support is great as DJI products. Let's look toghether for the solution and, pleeeeease, let's avoid other suggestions Amadeo (first post in this thread) already tried.
2017-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules