Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2d43ce12
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194633 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi All,
Can someone walk me through how to charge the battery?
I just received my Spark.  I plugged it in via USB to charge the battery while it's attached to the Spark.  I get no lights or when I press the button, still no light.
Any thoughts?
2017-8-31
Use props
Virgil Quick
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
United States

Are you connected to a DJI charger?
2017-8-31
Use props
fans2d43ce12
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Yes.  I am using what came with the package.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

It maybe in sleep mode, please connect the battery charger and charge it for a long time so that it can wake up.
Or you can try another charger adapter and USB cable and see if it can work well. Please keep us updated if the problem is not solved.
2017-8-31
Use props
fans2d43ce12
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

I will charge it over night.  
I will let you guys know tomorrow and see if it wakes it.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

fans2d43ce12 Posted at 2017-8-31 18:37
I will charge it over night.  
I will let you guys know tomorrow and see if it wakes it.

Please keep us updated, thanks for your support.
2017-9-1
Use props
fans2d43ce12
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

I left it plugged in over night and still did not charge.  
2017-9-1
Use props
fans2d43ce12
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Is there any way to troubleshoot to see if it's defective battery or defective Spark?
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans2d43ce12 Posted at 2017-9-1 02:04
Is there any way to troubleshoot to see if it's defective battery or defective Spark?

Do you have another battery? You can try to charge it with the cable and see if it can work. It could be the problem of cable.If you change a charger adapter or cable and still not work, i would recommend you send it back. Here is the link: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-9-1
Use props
fans2d43ce12
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Ok, so while I was waiting for my RMA email, I figured I will try again to figure out if it's the charger or cable or the Spark.  

I checked and no issue with the cable or plug.
I plugged the Spark to charge.  Same process and no sign of life on the batteries.  I removed the USB and plugged it on my laptop.  No change (I wanted to see if it can read any files, nope). Then I removed the USB and quickly placed in the plug charger.  INSTANT, light turned on and began to charge.   Both Batteries charged.  Now just going to check the Spark to make sure all is OK.
2017-9-1
Use props
RedSpaRQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19488 ft
United States

fans2d43ce12 Posted at 2017-9-1 08:53
Ok, so while I was waiting for my RMA email, I figured I will try again to figure out if it's the charger or cable or the Spark.  

I checked and no issue with the cable or plug.

I am confused! What did you do?  When I got my Fly More Combo with an extra battery I purchased (total of 3), I used the miulti battery charger that came with the Combo. Within minutes, all 3 batteries started blinking. I prefer the charger vs plugin the Spark into a USB port as the charger feels faster to me. Have not had any issues... YET!  Crossing my fingers and having a great time flying and taking pictures.
2017-9-1
Use props
fans2d43ce12
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

My Spark was attached to my USB charger plugged into the wall.  Not charging.  So, while it's plugged in, I removed the USB attached to the plug and put it on my computer USB connection.  Still nothing happened.  Then I unplugged the USB from my computer and put it back on the wall charger.  Finally showing led lights.  
2017-9-1
Use props
Dick Heiser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57543 ft
United States

I had to use the DJI charger instead of my old charger. I don't know how to charge it in the car.
2017-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules