2252 30 2017-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JW5255
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have been holding back on the firmware updates for a few months but last night I finally decided to update all firmware on the AC and RC.  A few test flights later, with an IMU and gimbal calibration, I am glad to report that all is working great.  Braking seems to be very aggressive but the gimbal stability handles it very well.  Nice and steady.  

2017-9-2
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118829 ft
Dominican Republic

Wich drone model?!
2017-9-2
Use props
JW5255
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Phantom 4 Pro !  Will update the Phantom 4 within the next few weeks.
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for your positive feedback. Please feel free to contact us if there is any further questions.
2017-9-5
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-5 00:03
Thanks for your positive feedback. Please feel free to contact us if there is any further questions.

I have a problem with Phantom 4 Pro firmware V01.04.0602 with  the saved camera settings, when loading settings from custom 1 2 3 or 4, the camera resets,  the gimbal  goes hard to the left then takes a very very long time to return to the center. It never had this problem with previous firmware V01.02.0304
2017-9-5
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Nice to hear of a success story for a change
2017-9-5
Use props
Jon Paul
lvl.1
Flight distance : 811814 ft
  • >>>
United States

While flying my Phantom 4 Pro + the signal between the bird and controller was lost.
It turned red on my screen.
Drone was only 75 feet from me and then proceeded to go back to "return to home" mode.
It hovered above a tree and the notification that it couldn't land due to obstacle yet didn't proceed to avoid and land.
Instead it just hovered until battery ran out then started to descend at a rapid rate and did a pretty hard landing.
I did everything I knew how. Even turned the controller all the way off and back on.
Nothing.
Plenty of satellites and no possible interferences.
Tried attitude mode and even tried to override return to home but nothing worked.
Can anyone shed some light on this?
2017-9-5
Use props
pbxcomm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58182 ft
United States

Same here.. Exact issue.
2017-9-6
Use props
pbxcomm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58182 ft
United States

No other choice, I needed to send it back to DJI.
2017-9-6
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

JW.... unfortunately for you, this means that we will need to do an autopsy on your drone in order to understand why your drone updates worked when so many others of ours didn't.  You will be a hero.   Thank you for you loss...  :-)
Matt
2017-9-7
Use props
JW5255
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-9-7 07:40
JW.... unfortunately for you, this means that we will need to do an autopsy on your drone in order to understand why your drone updates worked when so many others of ours didn't.  You will be a hero.   Thank you for you loss...  :-)
Matt

Seriously though Mabou2, I suspect that those who had the issues were more likely to post.  I held back the update because of the issues posted, but noticed a few positive posts.  Previous to the update I had the DJI Go program crash on me twice while flying the P4P and decided that an update may resolve the issue.  I performed the update with DJI Assistant 2, and then calibrated both the IMU and gimbal to assure all functions were in harmony.   The result ? The 4P loves to fly.  Doubt that I am an exception. I would suggest updates that were performed with DJI Asistant 2 seems to be the most successful.  The update does take a while, and appears to lock at times, so waiting the update process out is paramount.  A post update IMU calibration does not hurt either.
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

M109 Posted at 2017-9-5 16:50
I have a problem with Phantom 4 Pro firmware V01.04.0602 with  the saved camera settings, when loading settings from custom 1 2 3 or 4, the camera resets,  the gimbal  goes hard to the left then takes a very very long time to return to the center. It never had this problem with previous firmware V01.02.0304

Could you post a short video of this issue? I'd like to look into it.
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jon Paul Posted at 2017-9-5 17:58
While flying my Phantom 4 Pro + the signal between the bird and controller was lost.
Drone was only 75 feet from me and then proceeded to go back to "return to home" mode.

Please refer the tutorial video and export the flight data for analysis. Thank you in advance!
2017-9-8
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-8 01:37
Could you post a short video of this issue? I'd like to look into it.

Here's a link to a video https://www.dropbox.com/s/nq4ang2hz5baftu/P4P%20Gimbal.MOV?dl=0   it's take about 30 to 40 seconds before it is fully centered after changing camera settings from custom 1, custom 2 etc.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

M109 Posted at 2017-9-15 18:49
Here's a link to a video https://www.dropbox.com/s/nq4ang2hz5baftu/P4P%20Gimbal.MOV?dl=0   it's take about 30 to 40 seconds before it is fully centered after changing camera settings from custom 1, custom 2 etc.

To save the camera settings, it takes some time for the camera to restart and then back to center. No worries.
2017-9-16
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-16 02:54
To save the camera settings, it takes some time for the camera to restart and then back to center. No worries.

But it is a worry and it never did it on the previous firmware so there is a definite problem with the latest firmware.
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

M109 Posted at 2017-9-16 13:14
But it is a worry and it never did it on the previous firmware so there is a definite problem with the latest firmware.

I have double checked with our engineers, it is normal and will not affect the normal function.
2017-9-20
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-20 02:34
I have double checked with our engineers, it is normal and will not affect the normal function.

It is not normal and it shouldn't be normal, it has never happened on the previous firmware. With the latest firmware  doing a camera reset or rebooting the drone the camera centers almost instantly but when changing from custom 1 custom 2 etc it takes 30 to 40 seconds to re-center and also  the gimbal goes hard left when doing a data upload using  Assistant 2, something is not right, please get the engineers to fix it, thanks.
2017-9-20
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-20 02:34

Hi Susan

When i bought the P4P(-) it was supposed to be a supplement for my DSLR's in order to take some stunning pictures i am unable to with my other equipment. DJI is promotion the P4P as a professional camera but if we can't even change from one preset to another without the whole thing has to reboot my statement is that "normal function" are affected and it can result in the miss of once in a lifetime shot.

I only got a few decent flights before a firmware upgrade made it almost unusable as a camera and now 3½ month later things are only being worse and worse.

Can you please specify what you call "normal functions" when we're talking about a "professional" camera even it is mounted below a UAV.
2017-9-23
Use props
Cândido Rodrigu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 197831 ft
Brazil

Jon Paul Posted at 2017-9-5 17:58

Alguém tem uma explicação e o que fazer quando do nada o radio controle reinicia em quanto o drone estar em vôo
2017-9-23
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10036 ft
United States

Had the same issue several times after the update. Have to say it's been behaving pretty decent lately though.

I posted this video in a prior thread when it happened but got no responses and this was while flying it just went in the other direction. On another try it went to the left as in your video. But like I said, the last dozen or so flights it has been behaving.  I''ve also lost signal many times where I have camera view but no control over the camera at initial startup (Can't record or take pictures). So I have to power down and power back up in sequence. That was never a problem before either. That is always a problem now and everytime I start up I have a checklist to go through which is larger than before. All since the last update. But I'm not sending it in.

2017-9-23
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too, wait a while after an update is issued before making any decisions on an update, or, keep trucking on with the same firware. I'm not one to just jump into any dark hole without first checking it out with a flashlight.
2017-9-23
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, just proof read my last post. The  last sentence can be taken soooo many ways!
2017-9-23
Use props
Cândido Rodrigu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 197831 ft
Brazil

Lamentável essa falhas que ocorre com o phantom 4 pro+ pois aqui no Brasil é um equipamento caro e nos deixa inseguro.
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

M109 Posted at 2017-9-20 04:28
It is not normal and it shouldn't be normal, it has never happened on the previous firmware. With the latest firmware  doing a camera reset or rebooting the drone the camera centers almost instantly but when changing from custom 1 custom 2 etc it takes 30 to 40 seconds to re-center and also  the gimbal goes hard left when doing a data upload using  Assistant 2, something is not right, please get the engineers to fix it, thanks.

Sir, it is a feature of the camera, not a issue. The camera will restart itself, then the gimbal initialized and centered. You may not notice this in the previous firmware.
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2017-9-23 03:06
Hi Susan

When i bought the P4P(-) it was supposed to be a supplement for my DSLR's in order to take some stunning pictures i am unable to with my other equipment. DJI is promotion the P4P as a professional camera but if we can't even change from one preset to another without the whole thing has to reboot my statement is that "normal function" are affected and it can result in the miss of once in a lifetime shot.

Sir, could you be more specific of which feature do you refer? Sorry, I'm a little confused...
2017-9-26
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-26 00:50
Sir, it is a feature of the camera, not a issue. The camera will restart itself, then the gimbal initialized and centered. You may not notice this in the previous firmware.

I have to disagree with you, it is definitely an issue with the Beta firmware V01.04.0608, Yes  the camera will reset and restart but the gimbal WILL NOT move hard left and then take 30 to 40 seconds to return to the center with the earlier firmware V01.02.0304.
2017-9-26
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-26 00:57
Sir, could you be more specific of which feature do you refer? Sorry, I'm a little confused...

I am not talking about any feature but the bug that make the camera reboot if one changes from one preset to another.
It is supposed to just change the settings and be ready to the next shot right away without delay.
2017-9-26
Use props
Kassabe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 804 ft
Lebanon

Hello,

how did you update your P4P?
Using DJI assistant or IPad/tablet?
2017-10-10
Use props
BlueBirdTN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90686 ft
  • >>>
United States

M109 Posted at 2017-9-5 16:50

I had the same problem when I installed the 0608.  Custom Camera Settings caused it.  In addition, the Custom 1,2,3 and 4 are not saving or loading the information correctly.  There are some software issues with this feature.  Would be nice to have it fixed.
2017-10-12
Use props
JW5255
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Kassabe Posted at 2017-10-10 05:03
Hello,

how did you update your P4P?

Not sure who this question is for, but, I updated my P4P using DJI Assistant via PC
2017-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules