Active Track target change?
992 16 2017-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans464488b9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 311358 ft
United States

I was testing active track with my MP while cycling and a truck passed me and the MP took off after the truck, has something like this happened to anyone else?

2017-9-3
Use props
Ray_Dunakin
Second Officer
United States

Heh, kind funny to see it suddenly go after the truck like that. But I'm sure it didn't seem very funny at the time, and obviously it's not something that should be happening. I've never seen or heard of it happening before. The active tracking technology is fairly "cutting edge", IMHO. I'm kind of amazed it works as well as it does.
2017-9-3
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's like a Benny Hill video with spandex.  Glad you were able to recover.  I have not had that happen yet, and it will make twice as cautious.
2017-9-3
Use props
Vannibombonato
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325778 ft
Italy

I find active track to be absolutely unreliable in real world scenarios, you constantly need to be monitoring it, I would never ever dare to do something as crazy as you did. You really got lucky.

DJI needs to come up with a wearable waterproof tracker.
2017-9-3
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Squirrel!

Seriously though, one comment, one question.   1) I was surprised at how well it kept up with the truck!  Very cool.  2) Assuming it didn't run into anything AND you had a good recorded home lock, I'm assuming it would have eventually come back to you either because of a depleted battery, or loss of RC signal, correct?
LP
2017-9-3
Use props
fans464488b9
lvl.2
United States

LeafPeeper Posted at 2017-9-3 13:15
Squirrel!

Seriously though, one comment, one question.   1) I was surprised at how well it kept up with the truck!  Very cool.  2) Assuming it didn't run into anything AND you had a good recorded home lock, I'm assuming it would have eventually come back to you either because of a depleted battery, or loss of RC signal, correct?

Yes that's right, Just around the edge of the reservoir the trees start and that was what I was mainly worried about.  When it loses the lock it hovers in place until low battery return to home.
2017-9-3
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nope..damn..now that's nerve-racking.
2017-9-3
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-9-3 15:06
Nope, but you could've cancelled.

Not without the remote he couldn't.   That was his whole worry.   He had put it down back where started taking the video...

LP
2017-9-3
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

LeafPeeper Posted at 2017-9-3 15:04
Not without the remote he couldn't.   That was his whole worry.   He had put it down back where started taking the video...

LP

yeah saw that...

2017-9-3
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

LOL....we all read too fast sometimes.   It's only annoying when 15 people get on the forum, don't even bother to look on the front page to see that there are already 27 threads on the topic and then ask 'will the new props work on my old mavic?'.      {:4_157:}

LP
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

That's awkward, could you please help to export the flight data, upload it to Dropbox and paste the link here? I'll help to confirm this with our engineers and will get back to you once I heard from them. You can refer to this video for data exporting:
2017-9-4
Use props
MavicDroner429
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-4 01:30
That's awkward, could you please help to export the flight data, upload it to Dropbox and paste the link here? I'll help to confirm this with our engineers and will get back to you once I heard from them. You can refer to this video for data exporting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMb1RD5pPOg

This is a replacement unit DJI sent me after I lost mine in the ocean due to an unidentified malfunction.   The active track flight was on the MP that is in the ocean now.  I sent all my data files to DJI for that case but don't know if you keep them or not.  That flight was April 12 2017.
2017-9-4
Use props
MavicDroner429
lvl.2
United States

MavicDroner429 Posted at 2017-9-4 02:21
This is a replacement unit DJI sent me after I lost mine in the ocean due to an unidentified malfunction.   The active track flight was on the MP that is in the ocean now.  I sent all my data files to DJI for that case but don't know if you keep them or not.  That flight was April 12 2017.

CAS-609943-F2D5C8
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Alright. Feel regret for that case. So what about the drone now? Is everything working properly?  
2017-9-4
Use props
MavicDroner429
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-4 03:08
Alright. Feel regret for that case. So what about the drone now? Is everything working properly?

Yes, this is my third MP and by far the best one.  It has never given me any trouble at all.  The first was replaced because  a crash due to operator error.  The replacement unit DJI sent was never right, it would get obstacle alarms flying  toward the sun as well as the active track problem.  I think it was just a bad unit.  The one I have now is perfect
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MavicDroner429 Posted at 2017-9-4 03:14
Yes, this is my third MP and by far the best one.  It has never given me any trouble at all.  The first was replaced because  a crash due to operator error.  The replacement unit DJI sent was never right, it would get obstacle alarms flying  toward the sun as well as the active track problem.  I think it was just a bad unit.  The one I have now is perfect

Thanks for the feedback, and glad to hear that. Hope you enjoy your time.
2017-9-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have seen such cases with Spark, but I'm not sure if we can compare those.
2017-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules