DJI Assistant 2
3697 18 2017-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bonez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 696788 ft
United States

DJI Assistant 2 Is still not working on my pc. Is there another way to update the P4?
2017-9-9
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

It's the best way, and  only way to cal. VPS if you have it.

Fix your PC!  (Turn off firewall. Check for driver installed in Device Manager.  Etc.)
2017-9-9
Use props
Bonez
lvl.2
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-9-9 20:09
It's the best way, and  only way to cal. VPS if you have it.

Fix your PC!  (Turn off firewall. Check for driver installed in Device Manager.  Etc.)

It loads up but only shows how to connect inspire2
2017-9-9
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

Ignore that.
Run Assistant 2,, plug the P4 in, power up P4 (no blades), leave transmitter off
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Just to verify, have you powered the drone on? Try to delete the DJI Assitant 2 from your computer, then disable the antivirus and firewall, then install the DJI Assistant 2 again. See if it works. Besides, Here is a video about DJI Phantom 4 – Upgrading Phantom 4 Firmware for your reference.  
2017-9-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bonez Posted at 2017-9-9 20:11

"It loads up but only shows how to connect inspire2"

The Inspire 2 bit is just an additional instruction on how to connect the Inspire 2 to a PC. With the other devices it's just a case of plug them in, power them up and wait for a minute or so for the USB drivers to load (which needs to be done each time a different USB on the PC is used). Then an icon should appear saying 'P4'.

There is also an updated version of Assistant 2 available in the Mavic Downloads section (V1.1.6). This may work better for some during Assistant 2 installation.
2017-9-10
Use props
Bonez
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-10 03:55
"It loads up but only shows how to connect inspire2"

The Inspire 2 bit is just an additional instruction on how to connect it to a PC. With the other devices it's just a case of plug them in, power them up and wait for a minute or so for the USB drivers to load (which needs to be done each time a different USB on the PC is used). Then an icon should appear saying 'P4'.

I did just like you said Aardvark and I had no luck. Is there a way to update the aircraft without using the pc?
2017-9-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bonez Posted at 2017-9-10 06:30
I did just like you said Aardvark and I had no luck. Is there a way to update the aircraft without using the pc?

I've always used Assistant 2 to update (No other computer you could try on ?).

I've not tried it myself but may be possible to update the P4 via DJI Go 4. With all connected and powered up (And good internet connection on display (tablet, phone etc)). in the 'General Settings' menu in DJI Go 4, tap on 'About' (right at the bottom of menu), that should list all current builds in use. Now tap on the 'Check for update' link. That may offer and take you through the process of upgrading the P4.

Edit:- Also see DJI Dianas video above.
2017-9-10
Use props
MarleneLebel
New
Flight distance : 2156 ft
United States

I'd like to post a screenshot - I'm on a MacBook Pro and keep getting" Cannot load firmware list - please retry
2017-9-10
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

Bonez Posted at 2017-9-9 20:11

Have you checked to see if your drivers are loaded in Device Manager yet?

Do not start Assistant 2 yet.

Open Device Manager.  Plug in the P4 and turn it on. (You can leave the microSD card out too.)  You should see a brief flash in Device Manager of "Unknown Device" when first plugged in, then it will show under "Ports (Com & LPT)" and DJI USB Virtual COM (COM6, or some port number.)

When you find it, you can right click and Update Drivers.  If it doesn't work, the drivers are in the C: > Program Files (x86) > DJI Product > Assistant 2 > Drivers and pick if yours is a 32 or 84 bit version.

You can also go to the above and manually install the vc_redist.x86.exe too.

If it works, then open Assistant 2 and it should move to a second screen with a P4 Phantom icon.

At that point, you may have to log into your DJI account.  I'd also exit the program after logging in and redo the entire process a second time as Assistant 2 operates a little differently on the second attemp (Login now works, refresh is active, etc.).

2017-9-10
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-10 06:43
I've always used Assistant 2 to update (No other computer you could try on ?).

I've not tried it myself but may be possible to update the P4 via DJI Go 4. With all connected and powered up (And good internet connection on display (tablet, phone etc)). in the 'General Settings' menu in DJI Go 4, tap on 'About' (right at the bottom of menu), that should list all current builds in use. Now tap on the 'Check for update' link. That may offer and take you through the process of upgrading the P4.

Refer to page 64 of the P4P/P+ Manual v1.2 it steps you through updating via the DJI GO 4 App as well as the Assistant 2.  The tutorial video is good too.  
2017-9-10
Use props
Bonez
lvl.2
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-9-10 09:31
Have you checked to see if your drivers are loaded in Device Manager yet?

Do not start Assistant 2 yet.

I believe it's an error in my pc that is stopping me from updating my P4. Not going to worry about it, I have heart surgery tomorrow and I can not be bothered. I really appreciate all the help and it's something I can work on in a few days. Again, thank you everyone!
2017-9-10
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

Bonez Posted at 2017-9-10 15:31
I believe it's an error in my pc that is stopping me from updating my P4. Not going to worry about it, I have heart surgery tomorrow and I can not be bothered. I really appreciate all the help and it's something I can work on in a few days. Again, thank you everyone!

Have fun in surgery.  It's a hoot!  So are the denial of payment on the subsequent EOB (ugh!). Going through that appeal nonsense now too.   But I digress...

I had to install a firmware updater for my new Chinese-made flash units and Windows 10-64x refused to install the drivers.  i couldn't get the updater to recognize or see the flash via USB.

Seems Windows has put some major clamp on non-signed or not approved by Microsoft drivers and keeps them from installing in Windows 10 per some recent Windows update.  It is locked and prevents them from installing.

I found the PITA solution here:  https://www.howtogeek.com/167723 ... l-unsigned-drivers/

They finally installed right and it worked, but could be an issue with DJI drivers too.

Best.
2017-9-10
Use props
Bonez
lvl.2
United States

Was really impressed with the Phantom 4 when I bought it. Now after DJI has tinkered with the firmware and it now has more issues than I do dead hair follicle I think it's time to sell this drone. Still impressed but I don't like them having so much control over a product I bought and paid for.
2017-9-16
Use props
Bonez
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-10 02:41
Just to verify, have you powered the drone on? Try to delete the DJI Assitant 2 from your computer, then disable the antivirus and firewall, then install the DJI Assistant 2 again. See if it works. Besides, Here is a video about DJI Phantom 4 – Upgrading Phantom 4 Firmware for your reference.  DJI Phantom 4 – Upgrading Phantom 4 Firmware

I reinstalled windows on my computer and it still did not fix the issue with the DJI Assisant 2.  My question was answered by this post and I was able to update my Phantom 4 with no issues, thank you.
2017-9-26
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

Can someone tell me if the new DJI Assistant update will now update the firmware on the RC or does the RC still need to be updated only through the Go4 App?
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Bonez Posted at 2017-9-26 09:00
I reinstalled windows on my computer and it still did not fix the issue with the DJI Assisant 2.  My question was answered by this post and I was able to update my Phantom 4 with no issues, thank you.

Ok, thank you for your update, hope you can enjoy the drone, happy flying!
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Pvt Pilot '79 Posted at 2017-9-26 10:59
Can someone tell me if the new DJI Assistant update will now update the firmware on the RC or does the RC still need to be updated only through the Go4 App?

The RC still need to be updated only through the APP.
2017-9-26
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-26 19:40
The RC still need to be updated only through the APP.

Thank you!!
2017-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules