Samsung Note 8 & DJI Spark
4711 15 2017-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Euro7r
lvl.2
Canada

Got a new phone (Samsung Note 8 running 7.1.1 Nougat) and running 4.18 DJI App.  

Everytime I connect the usb cable from the controller to my phone, it says it's "USB charging connected device".  I've turned on usb debugging and MTP as this setting worked on my old phone.  

So my issue is that it's using my phone to charge the controller via the usb cable and won't connect to the phone to utilize the app.  On top of this, it somehow shuts down my phone out of no where after I play around with the settings.  

I'm lost on what the issue is right now.  Might just have to use my backup phone for drone flying purposes...
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Euro, did you try to connect your phone with RC through WIFI? Please keep us updated, thanks.
2017-9-24
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you haven't go the right type of "data" cable , OTG won't work, you can't just use any type of USB cable otherwise you will get just charging
2017-9-24
Use props
Euro7r
lvl.2
Canada

lannes Posted at 2017-9-24 19:24
If you haven't go the right type of "data" cable , OTG won't work, you can't just use any type of USB cable otherwise you will get just charging

It's the same cable that came with the Spark, used to charge the RC controller.  When I use my old phone, everything works normal, so I have no idea what's the issue with my new phone.  
2017-9-26
Use props
Euro7r
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-24 19:09
Euro, did you try to connect your phone with RC through WIFI? Please keep us updated, thanks.

Nope, I am going to give that a try this coming weekend and see if I can isolate what this could be.  Thanks
2017-9-26
Use props
Its_Big_Dee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 266024 ft
United States

I too just got a note 8 the video was very glitchy and loses signal over Wi-Fi. I tried the otg and it works fine but the app has crashed a couple of times.  I'll probably stick with my iPhone to fly
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Its_Big_Dee Posted at 2017-9-26 19:50
I too just got a note 8 the video was very glitchy and loses signal over Wi-Fi. I tried the otg and it works fine but the app has crashed a couple of times.  I'll probably stick with my iPhone to fly

Please use the device in our recommended list. Did you lost your signal when you use Iphone? You can try to reset the wifi of drone or RC and see if it can work better. Press the power button for 9 seconds and you will hear 3 beeps to finish the reset of RC.
2017-9-27
Use props
Its_Big_Dee
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-27 01:21
Please use the device in our recommended list. Did you lost your signal when you use Iphone? You can try to reset the wifi of drone or RC and see if it can work better. Press the power button for 9 seconds and you will hear 3 beeps to finish the reset of RC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwAVJSbO8Ek

The only time I lose signal with my iPhone is when I get far out on distance. With my note 8 over WiFi it’ll lose signal with it 8ft in front of me
2017-10-6
Use props
brezilla
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1198 ft
Serbia

Try different OTG cable and worth mentioning that OTG end should be connected to RC.
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Its_Big_Dee Posted at 2017-10-6 03:32
The only time I lose signal with my iPhone is when I get far out on distance. With my note 8 over WiFi it’ll lose signal with it 8ft in front of me

Sorry to tell you that note 8 is not in the recommended list. Please use your IPhone to fly your spark for better flight performance. Thanks for your support.
list.PNG
2017-10-11
Use props
Its_Big_Dee
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-11 22:51
Sorry to tell you that note 8 is not in the recommended list. Please use IPhone to fly your spark. Thanks for your support.

When will they get support for the note 8 it's the new thing out
2017-10-22
Use props
fans88a891a9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8274 ft
Mexico

try a different way to use the OTG , here is what work for me
2017-11-1
Use props
fans88a891a9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8274 ft
Mexico

fans88a891a9 Posted at 2017-11-1 14:25
try a different way to use the OTG , here is what work for me

1.- Turn On Tx
2.-Turn On  AC
3.- Wait until solid led green on the TX
4.- Connect OTG cable to TX
5.- Connect USB to phone
6.- Maybe you will be prompted to choose the app to use , choose the dji go 4

Let us know what happen please,
2017-11-1
Use props
FreddieMoD
lvl.1
United States

JDI doesn't support the Note 8 for otg cable use?
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI_
New
Ireland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-11 22:51
Sorry to tell you that note 8 is not in the recommended list. Please use IPhone to fly your spark. Thanks for your support.

Why dont you guys put an iphone inside the box where the Drone comes, ... so i have to buy an Iphone in order to Fly your product? what is this about?
2018-1-4
Use props
djiuser_6cWEhp5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15922 ft
United States

Following this thread...I too use a Samsung Note 8.

I originally purchased the Spark alone and was able to get it working with my Note 8. However, due to another issue, I returned it and picked up a Fly more combo with the TX thinking it would be the same. I fought with the setup for most of the day. The phone would NEVER connect. I finally figured out that if you put the phone in Airplane mode and then turned on the Wi-Fi, it would finally connect...at least for a while. But if the other radios in the phone were on, the phone would never get connected. I'm still not even sure if it got Activated...I assume it did as it finally shows connected. But I have to link the quad with the controller every time.

Coming from another manufacturer that had full support for the Note 8, I'm a little surprised and disappointed that DJI does not. Since the Samsung line is the most popular Android, and since DJI has support for Google Android, I assumed the Note 8 would be supported. I'm to see it is not.
2018-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules