Static 0.3ft VPS on level surface
559 4 2017-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yasuo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214616 ft
United States

I just took my drone out and noticed that when it is stationary and on a level surface that the VPS is always 0.3ft. I calibrated the VPS, Compass, IMU, and RC but it still says 0.3ft. Normally I wouldn't worry about this but it continues to increase the distance gradually to where it may cause an issue if the Pro+ RC were to lose connectivity off the side of a cliff and it lands in a dangerous location where I can't get to it.
Has anyone else encountered this and what have you done to resolve the issue?

2017-9-27
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

I noticed that, but i never let bother me, now if the distance increases then I will worry. if you lose connection if you set the RTH it will come back to your homepoint if you set it.
2017-9-27
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

That is distance from the legs to the ground, so the sensor is .3ft off the ground.
2017-9-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

it may cause an issue if the Pro+ RC were to lose connectivity off the side of a cliff and it lands in a dangerous location where I can't get to it.

Even if there was an error in your height sensors, that would have no effect on RTH landing position accuracy.
Given the variable accuracy of consumer GPS, it is always good practice to launch from a position where you do not have a clear safe space around for several metres.
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sir, please check the aircraft performance in an open place first.
2017-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules