RC Firmware Update
4664 5 2017-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChristineL
lvl.2
United States

I haven't done the RC update yet and after reading all of the issues, I dont want to do it!  Is this required??  I did fly it the other day and the app disconnected from the drone while it was in the air.  I was able to still control it and landed safely (it wasn't far from me, about 30ft in the air).  I shut everything down and started it back up and was able to fly. Is the disconnecting a result of not updating the RC?  I don't want to update if it's going to kill the battery on my RC while I'm flying.  This is my business (taking aerial photos) and I can't afford to not be able to fly.  It would ruin me.

2017-9-28
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Not required.  You may gain some feature, but you could risk losing another more important one too.

I wonder about these "I updated the RC and now it no longer charges/works" or "Flight battery no longer works" threads, etc.  Some apparently need to be sent in too.

Sidebar, I have an I2 and the RC on it powers part way down where the green LED turns off and disconnects from the tablet, but the white ones all stay on.  Very sporadic when it happens.  Now I see the Cendence RC is also shutting part way off from a dealer's post in the other online I2 forum as well as his customer's Cendence RC in New Zealand too.  Scary stuff when it happens!

Why this sort of stuff affects some and not others is a mystery.  Bad EEPROMs, downloads, or loading of the firmware maybe.

2017-9-28
Use props
ChristineL
lvl.2
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-9-28 09:57
Not required.  You may gain some feature, but you could risk losing another more important one too.

I wonder about these "I updated the RC and now it no longer charges/works" or "Flight battery no longer works" threads, etc.  Some apparently need to be sent in too.

Thanks...for right now, I'm not going to do the RC update
2017-9-28
Use props
RotRhead
New
United States

Today, I updated the P4 firmware and it flew OK.  But now my RC, constantly beeps and the connect indicator is solid red.
I read a reply, above, stating the RC firmware update is not required.
So, the question(s), how to update the RC firmware? And, how to solve the beeping sound?
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

There might be many reasons lead to the app's disconnected. If you get this error during flight, I would suggest flying it back and landing it asap, or you can try to relaunch the app or replug the cable at that time. If it won't recover, I would suggest updating the firmware.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

RotRhead Posted at 2017-9-28 19:15
Today, I updated the P4 firmware and it flew OK.  But now my RC, constantly beeps and the connect indicator is solid red.
I read a reply, above, stating the RC firmware update is not required.
So, the question(s), how to update the RC firmware? And, how to solve the beeping sound?

Just to verify, could you connect the RC to the app? If you could, please first check if there is an upgrade request message, then you can check the version by this route: connect RC and app--enter device--upper right--General Settings--About. The latest version is  v1.9.3.0, if you are not in this version, please go back to the first page of the app (launch interface), press and hold the upper right icon for about 9 seconds if you don't get the update notice, then you will access the update info. If your RC is in v1.9.3.0, try to relink the drone and RC.
2017-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules