My gopro Hero 4 silver freezes up when connected to DJI Phantom 2 FPV.
2620 4 2015-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jordanwolfe
New

United States

Hi all.  I have a  DJI Phantom 2 FPV that I bought last fall along with a GoPro Hero 4 silver.  It was working fine then all of sudden about a month ago the GoPro started freezing up when I connected it to the mini usb on the gimble for my video feed. Specificlly, it works when first connected, then as soon as it lifts off the video on my montior freezes and then gopro freezes. I Called GoPro, they basicly said tough sh*t, they have no idea what the problem could be. I swapped out the Hero 4 silver with my friends 3/3+ and it works fine.  Anyone else encounter this problem?
2015-4-6
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I think you need to provide a few more details.  What gimbal are you using and what FPV gear are you using?
2015-4-6
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

If one camera works and the other one doesn't I'd say it's the camera. My Hero 3+ kept cutting off for me the other day......had to remove it from the gimble and give it a full charge. I thought maybe the Phantom battery would keep it charged up but I think it only charges if the camera is off with the Phantom powered up. I usually fly with the camera on so the battery was only getting a charge for the few minutes between powering the phantom on then powering the camera. I was thinking about your cable on the gimbal but if another camera works, it points back to your camera.
2015-4-6
Use props
alebuzz
New

Italy

Hi!

I have quite the same problem. I am using a GoPro hero 3 on a Phantom 2 with a gimbal H3-3D and it happened twice that while flying the go pro freezed up and stopped recording. I don't have any idea of what the problem could be, anyway I noticed that if I use the GoPro normally it records perfectly, while when I connect it to the Phantom it happened that it freezed up.
Have you been able to fix it in the meanwhile?

thanks!
2015-6-26
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Run go pro detached from phantom.
Isolate the issue.
Maybe check the flex usb cable and make sure its seated firm and straight. Check for any damages. Did you recently replace is this cable? If so you may of installed upside down.
Maybe update firmware
Maybe check memory card - full format
Maybe check battery
2015-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules