IMU Errors on Start up
631 6 2017-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ken448
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1024852 ft
United States

Always getting IMU Error, Calibrate required on start up.  IT goes away eventually.  BUT IMU takes a long time to warm up!  Ive done a cold calibration (fridge) and that didnt help either.  Takes me like 3+ minutes to get in the air after start up.  
My mavic doesnt do this to me.  Why does the P4 move like molasis?
Phantom 4
Current firmware
iPad Mini2 iOS 11
DJI Go4 current update
2017-9-28
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The IMU error is a known problem which I thought was fixed in one of the most recent GO updates, but obviously not. Ignore it - unless the status continues to report that one is necessary after the P4 has warmed up.
The current firmware has issues which DJI have acknowledged. They are working on an update, although ETA is unknown.
I note you have an iPad Mini 2. Expect video transmission break-up when flying your P4. The CPU is under-powered to handle the video decoding load with the 4.1.x series of GO. You'll need a A8 or higher CPU for faultless in-flight images. The Mini 2 doesn't have this problem running Litchi, and it may be a cheaper investment than an iPad upgrade.
2017-9-28
Use props
Ken448
lvl.1
United States

indeed, I have noticed crap video quality when flying my p4 lately..  
2017-9-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Ken448 Posted at 2017-9-28 19:12
indeed, I have noticed crap video quality when flying my p4 lately..

Don't worry about it, the video recorded to the SD card in the aircraft will be fine.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can try to leave the drone for a while after powering it on to see if the error message will disappear. You do need to do an IMU calibration if it persists. For your case, I would suggest that you refresh the firmware once again.  
2017-9-28
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

I had this problem with the latest Firmware. It went away after I did the Compass Calibration, now it boots up with out any IMU warnings.
2017-9-29
Use props
Ken448
lvl.1
United States

beeper Posted at 2017-9-29 04:04
I had this problem with the latest Firmware. It went away after I did the Compass Calibration, now it boots up with out any IMU warnings.

hmm  thats strange.  Ill give that a go today
2017-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules