1409 14 2017-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
poppylfh-sp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3902884 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hadn't flown P4 for awhile, been having too much fun flying Mavic. So I started everything and was going ok, after normal startup, got message that needed RC and aircraft firmware update. RC firmware update appeared to go ok with download and update then got message to connect aircraft to RC for aircraft firmware update and it would not connect and then the RC went haywire. Got what I think is light blue status light and 2 solid RC battery lights, it will shutdown with normal press and then press and hold but on startup right after initial press it goes to the 2 battery light and light blue status light. I did a successful aircraft firmware update using Assistant 2 but still having same issues with RC. I've tried both recommended RC reset procedures, holding C1, C2, Record & Camera wheel while doing startup and shutdown, also C1, C2 & Shutter but won't reset. Suspect only recourse is send in for repair but hoping something I haven't tried to reset it and get it working. I have also left RC on until no battery and trying recharge from there but not getting proper recharge light sequence and is seemingly not recharging properly. Any ideas will be appreciated.
2017-10-2
Use props
rudyasho
lvl.3
Flight distance : 547320 ft
Indonesia

My same case
20171003_160703.jpg
2017-10-2
Use props
deansreef
New

United States

yes, exact same problem for me- I think we may have grounds to start a civil action as we are having a record number of users with RC battery related problems but before update and after firmware updates
2017-10-3
Use props
deansreef
New

United States

both before and after firmware updates... the RC batteries are just not good product
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I‘m sorry to read your post. Please start a case and send it in for fully diagnosis: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-10-4
Use props
poppylfh-sp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3902884 ft
  • >>>
United States

Susan, I have resolved the problem
2017-10-4
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

poppylfh-sp Posted at 2017-10-4 09:00

Can you tell us what you found out?
2017-10-4
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

poppylfh-sp Posted at 2017-10-4 09:00

Yes DO TELL?
2017-10-4
Use props
Mungo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122717 ft
South Africa

This is my 3rd controller and it has now had this same issue!
1st one same half charge issue - sent away to DJI under warranty - took 2 months from South Africa and over ''Chinese new year"
2nd one, which they gave back to me lasted a few weeks and then had the same issue. At this stage my local dealer just swapped it out for me.
3rd one, now the swopped out one is having the issue, directly after a firmware issue.

Pathetic.
2017-10-11
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Mungo Posted at 2017-10-11 00:05
This is my 3rd controller and it has now had this same issue!
1st one same half charge issue - sent away to DJI under warranty - took 2 months from South Africa and over ''Chinese new year"
2nd one, which they gave back to me lasted a few weeks and then had the same issue. At this stage my local dealer just swapped it out for me.

I'm no electrician but could there be a problem with the power source i.e. the current coming from the wall/power grid?
2017-10-11
Use props
Mungo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122717 ft
South Africa

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-11 02:12
I'm no electrician but could there be a problem with the power source i.e. the current coming from the wall/power grid?

Except it wasn't connected to the grid during the last issue. It was directly after a firmware upgrade. Already fully charged and then went straight to zero - not plugged in, so although I'm not an electrician, I don't think the grid can effect the controller when its not plugged in?
2017-11-1
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Mungo Posted at 2017-11-1 01:15
Except it wasn't connected to the grid during the last issue. It was directly after a firmware upgrade. Already fully charged and then went straight to zero - not plugged in, so although I'm not an electrician, I don't think the grid can effect the controller when its not plugged in?

I'd say you are right
2017-11-1
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

Here we ago again! Same issue, I just sent my rc unit back to dji??? My hopes is that send my a replacement rc unit ( hopefully a new unit) ASAP.??? Secondly that they come up with a fix? I have watched a couple of YouTube videos where by they have resoldered the main board?? Which corrected the problem. No doubt it has something to do with the firmware update? These are expensive units and I believe there should be a recall? And that new units with proper main board connections be sent out as replacements? I am sorry if I offend anyone, but these units are made in China? Why they are not made in the US is beyond my comprehension?
2017-11-1
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

DeeD Posted at 2017-11-1 08:37
Here we ago again! Same issue, I just sent my rc unit back to dji??? My hopes is that send my a replacement rc unit ( hopefully a new unit) ASAP.??? Secondly that they come up with a fix? I have watched a couple of YouTube videos where by they have resoldered the main board?? Which corrected the problem. No doubt it has something to do with the firmware update? These are expensive units and I believe there should be a recall? And that new units with proper main board connections be sent out as replacements? I am sorry if I offend anyone, but these units are made in China? Why they are not made in the US is beyond my comprehension?

Well I may be inclined to agree with you that QA has much room for improvement, however, this is a Chinese company so I don't think it is a stretch to expect that they would manufacture their products in their country, just how it is and how it will be.  This is no less so than saying Ford should manufacture in China or say some place like Mexico...OH wait they do
2017-11-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sounds like a bad batch of RC or the RC battery...

Not sure what can be done, aside from shipping if back for an exchange.

RedHotPoker
2017-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules