2221 12 2017-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ca4ObFt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 262 ft
Indonesia

Hi Guys,

In case you are wondering I had no problem whatsoever bringing my Mavic Pro in Bali.

I brought it on my hand luggage (Mavic Pro + Controller + Battery).
Should I got trouble I made sure to have the battery <25% battery and in a special carry bag.

I flew from Lonton to Muscat (Oman), then to Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and arrived in Bali (Indonesia).

Not a single problem and no questions about my drone was asked by anybody from airport team members

Cheers ;)
2017-10-7
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

good to hear.

you shouldn't need to discharge the batteries, they are below the max legal limit of 50 watt hours per pack. means you can definitely take multiple on with you fully charged, i'm not sure if they have a legal limit on amount of packs, but if you have a normal sane amount, like 3 or 5 packs.. should not be an issue at all.  
2017-10-7
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Airlines / Airports must be so used to people flying with them now that they don't ask. Good to only fly with discharged batteries as you did. Better to be safe than sorry, just in case you get the one guy who wants to be a doosh and check by the numbers.
2017-10-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the positive story!
2017-10-7
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a good to know info, thanks for sharing it with the community.
2017-10-7
Use props
IppoDron
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45837 ft
Italy

Good infos, thanks.
...too bad that when i've been in Bali, back in 2012, drones were just extra-expensive professional things.
2017-10-7
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

Nice  info i be sure to take Mavic to Bali next time
2017-10-7
Use props
djiuser_ca4ObFt
lvl.1
Indonesia

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2017-10-7 01:10
good to hear.

you shouldn't need to discharge the batteries, they are below the max legal limit of 50 watt hours per pack. means you can definitely take multiple on with you fully charged, i'm not sure if they have a legal limit on amount of packs, but if you have a normal sane amount, like 3 or 5 packs.. should not be an issue at all.

I also had a picture of the battery info on my phone to prove that it was way below the limit. I didn't really discharged it on purpose I simply didn't charged it before the flight.

At every control i was like "okay breath it will be fine" haha
2017-10-7
Use props
djiuser_ca4ObFt
lvl.1
Indonesia

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2017-10-7 01:10
good to hear.

I also had a picture of the battery info on my phone to prove that it was way below the limit. I didn't really discharged it on purpose I simply didn't charged it before the flight.

At every control i was like "okay breath it will be fine" haha
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Feel very happy for you. Thanks for sharing your experience. Have a nice time in Bali.
2017-10-7
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good to know since I plan to go back again to Bali sometime in a few months. Thanks for heads up.
2017-10-9
Use props
ryan0317
lvl.4
United States

I was in Bali in June and had no problems too. Thailand no issues through airports either. Only in China, Beijing I think, did they want any type of external batteries in a separate tray but that was all.
2017-10-11
Use props
Ken Huang
lvl.3
Australia

Good  to know that, I'm having a same trip next month.
2017-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules