Help new phantom (INVALID SD CARD)
4516 17 2017-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhatPastor 3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46148 ft
United States

Please help I just received my like new phantom three standard in the mail today after I want the AC to the DJI GO app I was prompted to update firmware. I tried to update through the app which was on successful then I tried downloading the BIN file Directly to the SD card now whenever I try to update I put the new formatted ST card with the BIN file  in the camera camera moves a little green light on the camera comes on and stays on. So I try to update again every time I get a screen saying initializing ST card with the option to push OK...I push OK then I’m prompted to install  The firmware. Every time on two different SD cards I always get update failed and  A invalid ST card ever.

The AC is now on in camera view. The remote works the camera tilt but in the top right of the DJI GO app it shows no room to record???
It actually shows invalid with zero capacity. Please help
2017-10-20
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Punctuation, spell check ,and proof reading would help us to help you.
2017-10-20
Use props
PhatPastor 3
lvl.1
United States

Sorry. I used voice dictation.
I am having invalid SD card errors. The little green light above the camera is on and the camera moves along with the tilt wheel. I have tried two different micro SD cards; both formatted from my Mac with the BIN file added after formatting. I have tried formatting from both the app and manually but I still get ‘invalid SD card error’.
Sorry for the incoherent babble above. Any help would be appreciated.
2017-10-20
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

Can you indicate what make and level of SDcard you are trying to use? Phantoms need fast cards. Class 10. Anything slower won't be supported.
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

In addition to what DroneSmeg mentioned, are you formatting the SD card via the Go app by PC?
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please try your SD card on phones or other devices and ensure that if it works well.
2017-10-20
Use props
PhatPastor 3
lvl.1
United States

Ok I’m trying 3 cards... #1 Sony 16gb  class 10.
#2 & 3 both 8gb SanDisk...

I have tried both app format and Mac book format...

I did get it to update FW with a old SanDisk 4gb card out of my trail camera...

Should I put my 16gb in my trail cam and let it take a few pics and see if that helps??

Again Sorry for the spelling and grammar...  I sustained a head injury in the last year and typing out my thoughts is no longer easy...
But flying is still a great getaway for me...

2017-10-20
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

So you are formatting the sd card with it installed in the aircraft, correct? Try maybe blowing out the sd card slot with a can of compressed air.   
2017-10-20
Use props
PhatPastor 3
lvl.1
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-10-20 22:42
So you are formatting the sd card with it installed in the aircraft, correct? Try maybe blowing out the sd card slot with a can of compressed air.

never thought of that lol...

Thx I’ll try that tomorrow!
2017-10-20
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
United States

Just checked my sd card format and its a fat32. Formatting via go app should get you a properly working card. If not, then its probably the card. Go with the card that formatted the ac.  
2017-10-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

PhatPastor 3 Posted at 2017-10-20 23:03
never thought of that lol...

Thx I’ll try that tomorrow!

If you cannot format the card in the aircraft, then there is something wrong with the card. When something like this happens, go back to the card that was supplied with the aircraft and try it. And no, putting it in your trail camera proves nothing as it may not have the same speed requirements of the Phantom camera.
2017-10-21
Use props
Xiusho
New
Flight distance : 285 ft

United States

stuka75 Posted at 2017-10-20 19:35
Punctuation, spell check ,and proof reading would help us to help you.

Really? Is it necessary to be a jerk and a grammar Nazi simultaneously? Rhetorical.
2018-1-6
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

First I would format the card in anything EXCEPT a Mac !

My usual action if I get a card that malfunctions - is to stick it in a card reader and plug into the PC. See if it reads / writes.
Then format it to FAT32 and default partition.

Put it back into suspect machine and then see what happens. If its anything like some of the gear I have ... if it reads the card now .. then it cannot hurt to format again but in the machine itself.

Nigel
2018-1-6
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1482434 ft
  • >>>
Australia

So you have tried to format three SD cards using both the computer and the Go app? All three have failed to format? So that rules out the Sd card being locked (hey I didn't check that and took a while to work out why I couldn't delete the files).  So were the cards new, used or both?
Currently I’d go with solentlife's advice but if you are able to see if you can try formatting on another computer as well.
What about the original card that came with the P3? Is it still in its original condition or have you used it in your attempted updates?
2018-1-6
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
United States

Xiusho Posted at 2018-1-6 11:56
Really? Is it necessary to be a jerk and a grammar Nazi simultaneously? Rhetorical.

Yup. If you want help. As the OP said he had used voice dictation in his first post, and his subsequent post was coherent and others were able to help. The intention was to help, not as you assumed.
2018-1-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Xiusho Posted at 2018-1-6 11:56

Another rhetorical question:  Why respond to something that's months ago?
2018-1-6
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

The best way to format a card is FAT32 or extFAT (>32 GB) for the card (in Copters cam or Win PC). Do not format the card on a Mac´s or Linux system´s file systems cg. EX3/4 of MCFS/DMG formats. These formats on SD card make that invalid.  
2018-1-7
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Just for clarity sake ...

EXFAT only creates a card that can have an individual file of over 4GB ... it makes no difference about overall card size. The name EXFAT comes from shortened version of EXtended FAT .... and is still a 32 base.

But yes - the only two formats accepted by DJI gear are FAT32 and EXFAT.

Nigel
2018-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules