Likelihood of new Phantom before Christmas?
1802 22 2017-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CC268
lvl.1

United States

I know several folks have asked similar questions on here...what do you think is the likelihood of DJI releasing a new Phantom before Christmas? I am trying to decide if I want to buy the P4P or wait and see if they release a new Phantom before the end of the year.

I seriously doubt they will considering the P4P, Obsidian, etc are relatively new.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.
2017-10-22
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Zero chance in my opinion.  If there was going to be a new and improved Phantom out for sale by Christmas in 2 short months, there would already be a TON of people who would know about it and they would all have to be kept quiet.  Not possible.

Unless by "new Phantom" you mean a lame new paint job.  That might be possible I guess.  
2017-10-22
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are talking about a P5 and thinking it would be available before Christmas is a tough thing to do for DJI
2017-10-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I think after Obsidian the wait will be a bit longer.
But you never know
2017-10-22
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

I don’t think we will something new before Christmas.
2017-10-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I don’t envisage it happening maybe an upgrade on inspire2 released 1 year ago inspire pro, would like to see dji maybe have some pre Christmas sales on stuff like Crystalsky Cendence inspire2 etc.
2017-10-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-22 11:00
I don’t envisage it happening maybe an upgrade on inspire2 released 1 year ago inspire pro, would like to see dji maybe have some pre Christmas sales on stuff like Crystalsky Cendence inspire2 etc.

Hope they will add Europe to their 'possible' sale area too
Last time 'we' were totally ignored.
2017-10-22
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Not a snowballs chance in hell.
2017-10-22
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Buy the p4p it could be upto another year before they introduce another phantom.
I dont know why but my gut feeling is that they will introduce a whole new type of drone but wont happen before christmas
2017-10-22
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

HO HO HO.    Santa will have no P5 in his bag this year.
2017-10-22
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Yes don't wait, just buy a P4P and hope for the issues there might be would be resolved before Christmas.
2017-10-22
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Still want an Obsidian before Christmas and hopefully my MPP will show up before then
2017-10-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-22 11:59
Hope they will add Europe to their 'possible' sale area too
Last time 'we' were totally ignored.

Yeah it seems like Europe seems to get a raw deal with dji, I wonder with the increased value of the euro will we see it reflected in dji’s prices.
2017-10-22
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

I think, know that's not saying much , that DJI has got their work cut out for them.
They can continue to advance the product line in order to stay ahead of the competition.  However, the advantage goes to the competition as they can always be working hard to out pace DJI in that effort, it's not easy and it does require a bit of crystal ball action, but they have a goal to shoot for.  While DJI has to remain ever the innovator, so far to date they have done quite well but it means trying to figure out the next big thing and then making it happen successfully.  
The last part is where I believe DJI has their real problem.  Thus far they have been feverishly putting out several product lines while attempting to update them and make them even better.  However, this, I think, has led to some problems.  They have just about outpaced themselves with their own efforts.  Manuals are nearly outdated at production release time, their updates are not meeting customer needs or worse they are causing problems, and their biggest problem is how much more than can truly pack in to these little devices and at what cost point will the market continue to tolerate.  In other words coming out with the next greatest thing usually means at a higher price, and there is a real thing called market saturation that plays a part with this.  My guess only, DJI would be much better served to take a pause and reinforce their showcase products by building a more solid SW/FW footing, expand on the capabilities that already exist by publishing updated manuals and providing full listings of all capabilities in their tutorials and websites, and work to expand and improve what they currently have on the market.  This may allow the competition to catch up slightly but it will reinforce what they already have and in the end make it harder for the competition to gain a firm foothold on the market share.  That pause will also allow DJI to better develop the next new thing possibly with less heartache and problems too.
Just my opinion...
2017-10-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

DJI love to keep the playing cards held very close to the vest.

The only person, that knows all the secrets, is Frank himself. Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2017-10-22
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1482434 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hang on you lot didn't we just go through the 'great October' announcement? That went well So I suspect that DJI are too busy working on improving software for December to contemplate releasing a new model.
2017-10-22
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Maybe a low noise props for the P4 series?
2017-10-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-22 13:58
Yeah it seems like Europe seems to get a raw deal with dji, I wonder with the increased value of the euro will we see it reflected in dji’s prices.

Not sure, but the difference is almost enough to justify a roundtrip to the USA...
2017-10-22
Use props
ROKI
lvl.3

France

Let's hope for discounts for the Christmas Obsidian
2017-10-22
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Maybe they might bring out a christmas tree drone.
2017-10-22
Use props
CC268
lvl.1

United States

Thanks guys!
2017-10-23
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

A lot of you guys seem to think that all a company has to do is get some new hardware finished and then start selling it on their web site the next week.  It doesn't work that way.
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We don't have any news about the new product releasing. Thank you for your attention.
2017-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules