P4P+ - Issues with unreadable files - Please help!
487 3 2017-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse8aaa0b7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Guys wondering if you can help me, basically im having some issues with some of the record files from my P4P+ , I went to a shoot the other day, took about 12 individual recordings, when i get back and check them out, literally only 4 of them will play, the rest of the files are they but when i try to open them it wont allow quicktime or VLC to play them, they seem to be corrupted in some way

I did notice that throughout filming it kept automatically stopping recording so i had to press the record button again.

Ive been using a sandisk extreme class 30, U3 sd card so im sure its not that, Im also using a 2017 macbook pro so again im sure its not the computer, i just cant figure out what the problem is

does anyone have similar experiences?

thankyou in advance!

2017-10-24
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Sounds to me like it was having trouble writing to the SD card and that's why it stopped by itself.  Which would also explain the corrupt files.  Did you format the SD card using the format function on the aircraft (via the app)?  Are you using an SD card that is larger than the aircraft can handle?  I don't remember the P4P max size offhand, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 64 GB.
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Irate's reply is spot on. Please try to install the original SD card to verify this.
2017-10-24
Use props
Teckoldt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 231014 ft
South Africa

The older softwers of MacOS like sierra and older don't support h265 but with the new update MacOS high Sierra it does, so that could be the problem.
2017-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules