DJI Go 4 App is not connecting to my iPhone any more
2518 11 2017-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bliblablo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 168022 ft
Austria

I sent my iPhone in for a battery replacement, got the same unit (same serial) back and not it's not connecting to my remote any more. I can plug in other phones, they all work, but mine isn't any more.I tried rebooting the drone, the remote and the phone, tried different cables on all ports of the remote... no change...
The phone does a short vibrating when plugging in and showing the loading indicator for a second or so... so it has a physical connection... but still... no signal in the DJI app...

Does anybody have any advice on how to preceed? Is there a way to reset the remote to factory settings?
I tried to contact the support... but they don't give a shi**. "A colleague of mine has an iPhone 7 as well and it's working there. So it must be your iPhone..."... what a great support!!!

Any help is very much apprecaited!!!

Cheers,
Georg

2017-10-26
Use props
bliblablo
lvl.1
Austria

Ok, tried the Assistant 2 Software on my MacBook and downgraded the firmware. Still the same problem. Tried a factory-restore but that always results in an error.
2017-10-26
Use props
bliblablo
lvl.1
Austria

bliblablo Posted at 2017-10-26 03:38
Ok, tried the Assistant 2 Software on my MacBook and downgraded the firmware. Still the same problem. Tried a factory-restore but that always results in an error.

Also with the assistant app... I have to reboot the remote a lot and connect/reconnect it and restart the assistant a couple of times before the remote would eventually show up... is that normal? I would have some exported logs (via the "Blackbox" menu) but they are not readable to me... is there anybody in support who can read them? Maybe they tell us more about why my phone won't connect?!?
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

bliblablo Posted at 2017-10-26 03:44
Also with the assistant app... I have to reboot the remote a lot and connect/reconnect it and restart the assistant a couple of times before the remote would eventually show up... is that normal? I would have some exported logs (via the "Blackbox" menu) but they are not readable to me... is there anybody in support who can read them? Maybe they tell us more about why my phone won't connect?!?

Did you try to change another device? You can provide us the log for analysis. Please upload to dropbox and post the link here.
2017-10-26
Use props
fansf2acae74
lvl.1
United States

I've been having the same issue all week. Took my iPhone 6s Plus to replace the camera and now my iPhone won't connect to DJI Go 4. I keep getting "disconnected". The app works just fine with my iPad and had never had an issue until I took my phone in for service. I've tried 5+ different cables, downgrading firmware, resetting the phone and restoring both from iCloud as well as from iTunes...Nothing has worked. I've spent countless hours reading and researching and can't find a solution that works for me. If anyone knows how to fix this issue please let us know
2017-10-26
Use props
bliblablo
lvl.1
Austria

I don't know... but does anything change with the MFI thingy... maybe a signature or so... when you change a part of the iPhone? And the remote therefore doesn't connect any more?!? Just a wild guess....
Here's a link to my logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/33owml3l5aftsl8/drone%20logs.zip?dl=0

Thank you very much for helping!
2017-10-26
Use props
bliblablo
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-26 04:56
Did you try to change another device? You can provide us the log for analysis. Please upload to dropbox and post the link here.

@DJI Electra... do you have any updates for us?
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansf2acae74 Posted at 2017-10-26 20:20
I've been having the same issue all week. Took my iPhone 6s Plus to replace the camera and now my iPhone won't connect to DJI Go 4. I keep getting "disconnected". The app works just fine with my iPad and had never had an issue until I took my phone in for service. I've tried 5+ different cables, downgrading firmware, resetting the phone and restoring both from iCloud as well as from iTunes...Nothing has worked. I've spent countless hours reading and researching and can't find a solution that works for me. If anyone knows how to fix this issue please let us know

Please provide me the following information:
1. Please reinstall your app
2. Please enter the general setting in your phone and see if there is a "C1", provide us the crash log through your computer.     Here is the path: C:\Users\[Your_User_Name]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\(Windows)
                             ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/(MAC)
Thanks for your help.

2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

bliblablo Posted at 2017-10-31 08:30
@DJI Electra... do you have any updates for us?

Did you try to reinstall your app or update it to the latest version? You can also flash your IOS system again. If it doesn't help, please follow the advice in 8# and provide us the crash log.
2017-10-31
Use props
bliblablo
lvl.1
Austria

Hello Elektra,
thanks for you help!!! Really appreciate it!!!

I did reinstall the app several time and also tried a fresh install of iOS (which I don't want to do again cause it's a lot of work)
I didn't ever notice a crash but there are a few crashes in there: https://www.dropbox.com/s/us2934c3fae9qo5/DJI%20Logs.zip?dl=0
I am an App-Developer myself and never saw some of those `wakeups` crashes... interesting... Those are in every app version I had installed on the phone since the problem occured...
Two are EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT) crashes while in foreground... I think that was one when I tried to change the map-view... but that was fixed in the latest update of the app...

If you need anything else from me, please let me know... I know how to install test-builds... so I'd be more than willing to do that. I'd really like to get my drone up in the air using my iPhone again. (Used the Android App on the weekend ... and really want to use the iOS Version again ;) )

Cheers,
Georg
2017-11-1
Use props
bliblablo
lvl.1
Austria

Ok... pretty cool... iOS 11.1 seems to have fixed the issue for me! I keep you posted if the problem reoccurs
Still the crashlogs I guess would be worth looking at!

Cheers, Georg
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

bliblablo Posted at 2017-11-1 23:41
Ok... pretty cool... iOS 11.1 seems to have fixed the issue for me! I keep you posted if the problem reoccurs
Still the crashlogs I guess would be worth looking at!

Thank you for your feedback and glad to hear the good news. Please keep us updated if the issue persists.
2017-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules