Price Decreasing??
2003 22 2017-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DNR 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1689478 ft
United States

I am about ready to upgrade from the Phantom 3 Pro to the Phantom 4 Advanced, and while I realize no one has a crystal ball, does anyone see the price on the P4 Advanced dropping much more? The consensus that I've seen so far is that it is a solid unit and DJI is kind of the leader with it, so there really is no incentive for them to drop the price much more. I'm only asking because when I first bought the P3 Standard, I saw it drop dramatically in price. Right now, the best deal I can find is a used P4 Advanced at B and H Photo for $980, but then it would be used and you'd have no warranty through DJI. Best Buy is selling now for $1,199, which is the same as new through B and H.
Just curious if anyone has any thoughts or opinions on this.

Thanks!

2017-10-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

IT is the Law of consuming
1) No matter how long you wait and how careful you are, the week after you have bought anything you'll see it on sale.
2) No matter how long you wait and how careful you are, the week after you have bought anything a new model would be released to the same prize and the one you just bought drop one third in prize.

Just add on :-)
2017-10-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The P4 pro and Advanced are the best ready-to-fly drones in their price bracket.
Other makers have nothing to compete with them on performance or photographic ability.
DJI will probably keep their prices close to what they are now until there's something to compete with them (and that will probably be a successor from DJI).
2017-10-28
Use props
DNR 1
lvl.2
United States

The law of consuming!! That's too funny.

Sigh.  The technology is changing so fast, it is kind of mind numbing, especially with digital cameras. I think I'll just go with Best Buy then and hopefully sell my Phantom 3 to take some of the edge off. I was actually looking at the Inspire 1 v2, but the P4 has so many clear advantages over it, I just can't see spending nearly 3x as much.
The P4 Advanced and Pro do seem to be in a class by themselves, and nothing seems to come close, so yeah, I can see them not dropping too much more.

I was blown away by some of the early reviews of the Zenmuse x7, but honestly, that's out of my price range for what I need right now.

Thanks!
2017-10-29
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I stumbled on an eBay gem. Found one for £799 - Brand new. Snapped it up straight away. Superb bargain. Right place, right time for this one.
2017-10-29
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DNR 1 Posted at 2017-10-29 00:19
The law of consuming!! That's too funny.

Sigh.  The technology is changing so fast, it is kind of mind numbing, especially with digital cameras. I think I'll just go with Best Buy then and hopefully sell my Phantom 3 to take some of the edge off. I was actually looking at the Inspire 1 v2, but the P4 has so many clear advantages over it, I just can't see spending nearly 3x as much.

The was some speculation regarding Black Friday not so long ago, might be an idea not to rush but see if anything shows up there.
2017-10-29
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1469341 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DNR 1 set your budget & go for it otherwise you'll still be considering what to buy this time next year. Mind you I still have a soft spot for the P3P, unfortunately the earth didn't!
2017-10-29
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

Last year BB dropped P4 $200 for Black Friday. I'm hoping they do it this year with the P4A.
The Mavic at BB now includes a $100 gift card with purchase.
BB won't Price match Black Friday sales so I can't roll the dice on that.

I'm trying to convince myself I'll like the Mavic as much as the P4A so I should buy it now.

Decisions decisions
2017-10-29
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

If there was going to be a soon release for the P5, I would assume they would make it right before Christmas.  Thats the other law of marketing.
DJI is better at keeping secrets than our own government.  Even Wikileaks can't hack DJI's top secret, deep underground headquarter guarded with sharks with lazar beams.
2017-10-29
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

You could use one of your credit cards that has price protection.  Depending on the card it will only cover price decreases for 60-90 days, but that gets you through Black Friday and Christmas.
2017-10-29
Use props
DNR 1
lvl.2
United States

Great suggestions! I think I will hold out for Black Friday and keep a sharp eye out. If anyone sees something, please let me know.
2017-10-29
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-28 21:32
1) No matter how long you wait and how careful you are, the week after you have bought anything you'll see it on sale.
2) No matter how long you wait and how careful you are, the week after you have bought anything a new model would be released to the same prize and the one you just bought drop one third in prize.

Ain't this the truth.
2017-10-29
Use props
jimmybbq
lvl.1
United States

CabinPete Posted at 2017-10-29 03:53
Last year BB dropped P4 $200 for Black Friday. I'm hoping they do it this year with the P4A.
The Mavic at BB now includes a $100 gift card with purchase.
BB won't Price match Black Friday sales so I can't roll the dice on that.

I just sold my mavic and got the P4A. First flight about an hour ago. I can tell you that you will NOT like the camera on the Mavic after using the one on the P4A. My first impression after flying the P4A was that the mavic was a bit quieter. The P4A seemed to drift more in hover than the Mavic, but that may have been due to the wind this morning as we're getting 19mph gusts. Really the only advantage of the Mavic is that it folds up into a smaller package. It's not faster, doesn't fly longer and the camera is way smaller.
2017-11-19
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jimmybbq Posted at 2017-11-19 08:39
I just sold my mavic and got the P4A. First flight about an hour ago. I can tell you that you will NOT like the camera on the Mavic after using the one on the P4A. My first impression after flying the P4A was that the mavic was a bit quieter. The P4A seemed to drift more in hover than the Mavic, but that may have been due to the wind this morning as we're getting 19mph gusts. Really the only advantage of the Mavic is that it folds up into a smaller package. It's not faster, doesn't fly longer and the camera is way smaller.

I totally agree about the camera part and yet still bought a Platinum after selling my Pro and I still want a P4P or even an P4A for the cameras sake.
2017-11-19
Use props
jimmybbq
lvl.1
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-11-19 09:01
I totally agree about the camera part and yet still bought a Platinum after selling my Pro and I still want a P4P or even an P4A for the cameras sake.

I had to research the difference between the P4P and P4A.. the only difference is the P4A does NOT have sensors behind or on the sides (I never used them on the Mavic).. also the P4A does not do 5ghz wifi only 2.7...  $300 cheaper and I only lose those 3 things, I'll take it..
2017-11-19
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jimmybbq Posted at 2017-11-19 09:47
I had to research the difference between the P4P and P4A.. the only difference is the P4A does NOT have sensors behind or on the sides (I never used them on the Mavic).. also the P4A does not do 5ghz wifi only 2.7...  $300 cheaper and I only lose those 3 things, I'll take it..

It would be nice if they had the Obsidian in P4A
2017-11-19
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

You should have gotten some DJI Black Friday sale email notice.  Got one today.  I didn't know DJI was into speakers, but seems they are.  Some DJI Care price reduction sales too.

If the Phantom 5 with interchangeable lenses shows up, the P4's may decrease.  Might be a few months off though if the rumors are true.
2017-11-19
Use props
DNR 1
lvl.2
United States

Yes, it looks like they aren't lowering the price, but throwing in a landing pad, sd card, and battery, so that's about $200 worth of stuff. So I guess I'll do the BF thing. Don't see a better deal around or coming soon.
2017-11-19
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

Looks like no deals for the P4 other than  what DNR 1 noted.
I purchased a spark fly more, on sale, to get me through the winter (wanted one anyway).
In the spring I’ll pick up a P4A, or P5P, or spark2, or Mavic 2+pro or......
2017-11-24
Use props
zl1_ghost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 535948 ft
United States

You get a free battery with the P4A or P4P at Best Buy right now.  Only on the regular, not the + versions.  Picked mine up today and it's an awesome unit.  Only prior experience was with my brother-in-law's Mavic Pro and the video on the P4A is much better IMO.
2017-11-25
Use props
EvolutionYT
lvl.2

Canada

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-28 21:32

What did you say?
2017-11-25
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

I say we can add:

3) No matter how long you wait and how careful you are, the week after you have bought anything you'll see it with a lot of accessories included at same or even lower prize.
2017-11-25
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

I also noticed from the comments in the Goggle RE release announcement it look like more has got hit by rule 2
2017-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules