Mavic Activation/Firmware/Set up Video
1111 9 2017-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

I had to activate a new Mavic so I made a quick How To Video to show others. Hope it’s okay to share.

2017-11-1
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I was waiting to see if you said "Read the Manual".  I'm glad you did, but wish you had put that at the beginning rather than the end.  I see you've been on this forum for a long time, so I'm sure you've seen how many folks put $1000 in a Mavic and then ask questions on this forum that make it clear that they haven't done any reading.
2017-11-1
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

don't forget to calibrate everything:imu,compass,rc,gimbal
2017-11-1
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-11-1 20:45
I was waiting to see if you said "Read the Manual".  I'm glad you did, but wish you had put that at the beginning rather than the end.  I see you've been on this forum for a long time, so I'm sure you've seen how many folks put $1000 in a Mavic and then ask questions on this forum that make it clear that they haven't done any reading.

Thanks,

I know I can’t believe people launch without a glance at the manual.

Oh I did mention it at the start,
First thing I mention is to download and read the manual.
I mentioned it at the end just to remind.

Thanks for watching

2017-11-2
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-11-1 21:43
don't forget to calibrate everything:imu,compass,rc,gimbal

Great advice, I was thinking of doing a quick compass calibration/first flight video when out next.
2017-11-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for your work!
2017-11-2
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Bax Posted at 2017-11-2 00:32
Thanks,

I know I can’t believe people launch without a glance at the manual.

Ah, grrrr, you're right.  I missed that text at the beginning.  OK, that moves your video up to "GREAT JOB" status  
2017-11-2
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

If more people read the manual i doubt there would be have the questions here.
People never read the manuals for their phones or much anything really but it is important to read this one.
The FAA should have made it to where you need a 107 cert before you can buy them..........i'm sure not many will like that statement rofl

2017-11-2
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

rolling56 Posted at 2017-11-2 08:57
People never read the manuals for their phones or much anything really but it is important to read this one.
The FAA should have made it to where you need a 107 cert before you can buy them..........i'm sure not many will like that statement rofl

I just can’t afford to throw $1600 up in the air and hope it comes back, that’s why I read the manual. I even read the manual on a $50 drone. That’s the only way you know you are getting the most out of all the features
2017-11-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

rolling56 Posted at 2017-11-2 08:57

I think in the future we will see buying a new drone and activating it you will have to go and do an online safety test before you can fly, and maybe a further test to release the full power in your drone, not a very difficult test but one that will point out safety concerns and of course the need to read your manual.
2017-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules