20 foot crash and now app isn't connecting
504 6 2017-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf004f7f0
New
United States

Totally new here! While on a flight today I think I did that thing witht the joystick that kills the motor because it just fell out of the sky. It luckily landed in a bush, but did damage the base(?). Now when I start it the front propeller lights are red and the rear ones are a slow blinking yellow, like a single blink. I can move the gimble with the controler. But the app doesn't work. It let's me "go to camera" but then just shows that it's disconected. I've deleted and re-installed the app. I'm connected to the Phantom Wifi. I haven'ttried to see if I can fly it manually because I don't wnt to make things worse at this point.

Help!!

2017-11-3
Use props
Phantom4thebest
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107648 ft

United Kingdom

Hello, Can i have more detail on what the front and back lights are doing.

i hope to help further.
2017-11-3
Use props
fansf004f7f0
New
United States

Phantom4thebest Posted at 2017-11-3 13:58
Hello, Can i have more detail on what the front and back lights are doing.

i hope to help further.

The front lights are solid red. The back lights go from a constant yellow blinking to a single yellow blink, I assume this happens after it connects to the controller.
2017-11-3
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Check your flat ribbon cable for nicks or broken places.
2017-11-3
Use props
Phantom4thebest
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fansf004f7f0 Posted at 2017-11-3 13:59
The front lights are solid red. The back lights go from a constant yellow blinking to a single yellow blink, I assume this happens after it connects to the controller.

Yes well this would mean that the drone cannot get a GPS signal so the drone is in atti mode

see if both of the switches on the controller on top right and top left are in the upper most position

if no success can you put a screenshot of the app when viewing camera.

hope i helped.
2017-11-3
Use props
Phantom4thebest
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fansf004f7f0 Posted at 2017-11-3 13:59

if you cannot get a feed from the camera do you still get the battery percentage?
2017-11-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry to read the crash. Some internal parts might be damaged in the crash, and I would recommend you to send it in for fully repair: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules