why are these bearings in the motors so cheap DJI?
2746 8 2015-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jleblond1
lvl.1

United States

i had a bearing go bad so i took it apart and looked at it(since turn around time is 5 to 6 weeks for dji la) its the wrong kind of bearing and it a super cheap bearing. dji has set this thing up to fail in a certain amount of time so be very careful and listen to your motors.

oh ya and this imformation is coming from someone who is a master fabricator and engineer with a background in aerospace and F1 racing(not me) so the opinion should be well respected. im just stating what i have seen in my inspire 1 not every inspire 1 made.
2015-4-9
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

This is EXTREMELY scary.  Thank you so much for letting us know.  Im starting to feel like the Inspire 1 was just put out as a scam so that DJI could get a quick boost of capital to put into mass producing the Phantom 3.
2015-4-9
Use props
mattd
lvl.3

Australia

tpallai Posted at 2015-4-10 11:05
This is EXTREMELY scary.  Thank you so much for letting us know.  Im starting to feel like the Inspi ...

LOL what?

The Inspire 1 is a totally different platform to the Phantom 3, while it does have alot of the features of the Inspire 1, the whole unit is completely different. I don't see any carbon fibre on the Phantom 3? or easily replaceable gimbal?
2015-4-9
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

mattd@internode Posted at 2015-4-10 12:00
LOL what?

The Inspire 1 is a totally different platform to the Phantom 3, while it does have alo ...

But that 3K price tag now makes the Inspire almost a joke.  Why would somebody pay 3K when they can get something almost identical for just $1259? I'm still considering whether to sell the I1 and get the P3 (as much as i LOOVVEE my Inspire 1, it does cost a ton more).
2015-4-9
Use props
jon
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I have two (both CW) motors with a tiny bit of play in the bearings! I've been keeping an eye, and whilst it doesn't seem to be getting any worse, I'm not comfortable with it at all.
The CCW motors are as tight as a drum (i.e. no perceptable bearing play whatsoever), but can hear a deff click when rocking the CW props.
There's no bearing noise when spun, or running, just the play, but this tiny bit of play must play havoc with balancing??
Started to see the oscilating legs reported elsewhere, and yesterday shimmed up the T junction bearings, which has completely cured the wiggles.

Jon
2015-4-9
Use props
jon
lvl.3

United Kingdom

BTW, how straightforward was changing the bearing, and was it a common, easily available size?

Jon
2015-4-9
Use props
jleblond1
lvl.1

United States

The bearing is definitely snug in there. And will require a custom tool to get it in and out. We busted the bearing getting it out but I didn't care since it was toasted Anyways. The size is common. I have 10 coming today
2015-4-10
Use props
areischauer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 257382 ft
United States

What is the exact dimensions of the bearings if you wouldn't mind sharing.  Thanks
2015-4-10
Use props
kgarrison
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Better P2 or Scaled Down Inspire? The article compares the two.
http://dronetechreport.com/dji-a ... caled-down-inspire/

I totally disagree that the P3 is almost identical and that the Inspire is now a joke
2015-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules