Distortion line on the video, is my camera going bad?
629 8 2017-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ak2280101
lvl.1
United States

Hi guys,

So recently I noticed I sometimes get this line in my video (on the left side of the image). Not all the time, but frequently. This is an actual screenshot pulled from the SD card, not a bad transmission to my ipad. Its definitily camera related. Maybe bad connection somewhere? As you can imagine, it ruins my shot quite a bit. Just thankful that I am shooting in 4k and its to the left, so I can typically crop it out if I really like the shot.

Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 1.38.20 PM.png

2017-11-5
Use props
ak2280101
lvl.1
United States

Distortion line on the video, is my camera going bad?

Hi guys,

So recently I noticed I sometimes get this line in my video (on the left side of the image). Not all the time, but frequently. This is an actual screenshot pulled from the SD card, not a bad transmission to my ipad. Its definitily camera related. Maybe bad connection somewhere? As you can imagine, it ruins my shot quite a bit. Just thankful that I am shooting in 4k and its to the left, so I can typically crop it out if I really like the shot.

Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 1.38.20 PM.png

2017-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

If you choose to, click Advanced and then Additional options bottom left corner, you can tap Del this post, to remove your double post... ;-)
But that's up to you. Or let the mods delete it for you..

RedHotPoker

2017-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Were you going to say something, but changed your mind? I got a notice, but you removed it.

Atleast you know how to delete a post or thread now. ;-)

I like that picture, even with the blue diagonal line on the left.

RedHotPoker

2017-11-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

That is a difficult one to diagnose, but I suspect it is a fault in the camera of some sort. There is a small chance it could be a corrupt section in the camera firmware, in which case refreshing the latest aircraft firmware issue may solve it. But I rather think you may have to send the aircraft back to DJI to fix that.
2017-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-11-5 14:56
That is a difficult one to diagnose, but I suspect it is a fault in the camera of some sort. There is a small chance it could be a corrupt section in the camera firmware, in which case refreshing the latest aircraft firmware issue may solve it. But I rather think you may have to send the aircraft back to DJI to fix that.

Yes, likely needs some DJI service to repair.

But it's a wonderful pic, even though...

RedHotPoker
2017-11-5
Use props
ak2280101
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-5 13:50
Were you going to say something, but changed your mind? I got a notice, but you removed it.

Atleast you know how to delete a post or thread now. ;-)

Thank you.

Yes I was typing that I couldnt figure out how to delete the post lol.
2017-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

ak2280101 Posted at 2017-11-5 17:02
Thank you.

Yes I was typing that I couldnt figure out how to delete the post lol.

It's a wonderful pic, and I could barely notice the blue streak, without blowing It up a little bigger.

I hope you can get the camera repaired, if there isn't an online fix, new firmware or what ever.

RedHotPoker
2017-11-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Does the issue appear recently? Could you upload some original pictures from SD card? I'd like to look into it.
2017-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules