Phantom 2 Vision + gimbal issue
1328 7 2015-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cob666
lvl.2

Canada

I have the V+ with the 3 Axis gimbal.  While flying today the gimbal was acting very strange. After flying for a few minutes I tried to adjust the camera up using the knob on the controller the camera moved up very slowly, without stopping until it could no longer move any further.  Moving the knob down made the camera point straight down.  Because the battery was getting low I decided to just land and switch batteries.  After powering up the gimbal just kept moving until I got a gimbal error in the Vision app.  I recycled the powered on the Phantom several times with no change.  I then removed and reinserted the battery and after powering back up everything functioned normally with no sign that there was an error.

Is there a seperate power connector on the battery that controls the gimbal?  If not then why would reseating the battery fix a gimbal calibration issue?  Any insight into this would be most helpful.
2015-4-11
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Has this happened more than once?  If not, I wouldn't get overly concerned.  It may simply be a random glitch that got corrected the next time you powered it up and it went through  the self test.

And no, there is no separate power connector for the gimbal.  Power goes to the main board and is distributed out to the rest of the components.

2015-4-12
Use props
cob666
lvl.2

Canada

Thanks, I was just wondering about the separate power connector because there does appear to be two sets of contacts both on the battery and inside the battery compartment.

This has only happened the one time yesterday.  I'm going out to fly this afternoon and will report back if I experience any similar issues.
2015-4-12
Use props
cob666
lvl.2

Canada

Flew today and noticed that if I don't FIRMLY seat the battery, the gimbal does not calibrate properly.  I have two batteries and I only noticed this happening with one of the batteries.

Is there some way to test the batteries to see if there is an issue?
2015-4-12
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

cob666@gmail.co Posted at 2015-4-13 00:11
Thanks, I was just wondering about the separate power connector because there does appear to be two  ...

The two sets of contacts on the battery are:  The larger ones are the power; the smaller ones are for the smart battery features.

If you continue to have gimbal problems, try this calibration without being connected to the computer

Then connect to the computer and do the RC cals then the Phantom assist cals.  Be sure to check the x1 - gimbal control.
2015-4-12
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

cob666@gmail.co Posted at 2015-4-13 04:04
Flew today and noticed that if I don't FIRMLY seat the battery, the gimbal does not calibrate proper ...

If you install the battery and hook up the quad to your computer, in the Phantom Assist software you can get information on your battery.
2015-4-12
Use props
cob666
lvl.2

Canada

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-13 04:11
The two sets of contacts on the battery are:  The larger ones are the power; the smaller ones are f ...

I performed that calibration last night.  I also calibrated the controller using the PhantomRC program.
2015-4-12
Use props
cob666
lvl.2

Canada

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-13 04:12
If you install the battery and hook up the quad to your computer, in the Phantom Assist software y ...

Thanks.  I'll check out the stats on both of my batteries.
2015-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules