5200 10 2017-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Garreth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 401736 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What video editing software are people using for mobile? I dont have a desktop computer so im using my phone ( samsung s8). Ive been using cyberlink power director mobile, which is a great app but im struggling to find a way of importing 4k raw for editing. Ive managed to get the raw footage from the drone to my phone but i cant seem to get power director to recognise the 4k raw in any folder. Dji go 4 editor wont edit 4k either, Any help or advise would be much appreciated
2017-11-20
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I have a smart phone, a tablet, and a desktop.  There's no way I'd try to do post video work on anything but the desktop.  If you are serious about doing videos with your quad, I'd urge you to find an inexpensive desktop and abandon using smaller devices.  I have a Mac and find iMovie to be very good.  A professional videographer suggested a free  program called Davinci Resolve.  I have that on my computer now and bought a "how to" book that I've started working through.  Now Davinci is supposedly used by the whole gamut - from raw amateurs to major film studios.  So far, it's HARD.  I may go back to iMovie since I'm not sure if I need all the power of Davinci.  Still, I would never abandon my desktop and try to do anything on smaller work stations.
2017-11-20
Use props
Garreth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 401736 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A desktop may be a possibility eventually but using the resources I have available at the moment I need a solution. The power director app does The job great but I can't manage to import in 4k even though it's advertised to have the capabilities. Just wondered if anyone else has had success using the app or any other similar one
2017-11-20
Use props
Time2Party
Second Officer
Flight distance : 169314 ft
Belgium

For this kind of work best use a desktop or notebook computer, no mobile device.
Software i use Adobe Premiere.
2017-11-21
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-11-20 19:30
I have a smart phone, a tablet, and a desktop.  There's no way I'd try to do post video work on anything but the desktop.  If you are serious about doing videos with your quad, I'd urge you to find an inexpensive desktop and abandon using smaller devices.  I have a Mac and find iMovie to be very good.  A professional videographer suggested a free  program called Davinci Resolve.  I have that on my computer now and bought a "how to" book that I've started working through.  Now Davinci is supposedly used by the whole gamut - from raw amateurs to major film studios.  So far, it's HARD.  I may go back to iMovie since I'm not sure if I need all the power of Davinci.  Still, I would never abandon my desktop and try to do anything on smaller work stations.

I completely agree with this!
There is no way to edit a video (seriously thinking) without a desktop.
And thanks for the considerations about DAVINCI.
2017-11-21
Use props
JBInspire
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1863438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-11-21 02:03
I completely agree with this!
There is no way to edit a video (seriously thinking) without a desktop.
And thanks for the considerations about DAVINCI.

There is if you care you use an iPad (Pro is best). With LumaFusion you can directly edit 4K video without the need to create proxy files. I find it quicker for basic/intermediate editing than my maxed out iMac.

LumaFusion even supports colour grading, keyframes etc and has a good range of transitions and titles. Of course, if you don't have an iPad then it becomes an expensive way to do it...
2017-11-21
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

JBInspire Posted at 2017-11-21 02:49
There is if you care you use an iPad (Pro is best). With LumaFusion you can directly edit 4K video without the need to create proxy files. I find it quicker for basic/intermediate editing than my maxed out iMac.

LumaFusion even supports colour grading, keyframes etc and has a good range of transitions and titles. Of course, if you don't have an iPad then it becomes an expensive way to do it...

Thanks for sharing your experience.
I have an iPad. Not the pro, but all work I use my desktop.
It is good to know as many choices as we can have!
Thanks!
2017-11-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

All good advice, I use pro show on my laptop. But going to check out some of these you guys mentioned. Thanks
2017-11-21
Use props
christing
lvl.2

Hong Kong

I just have the DJI Mavic Pro 4K in Premiere Pro workflow on computer. You can try a 4K video converter to downscale 4K video to 1080p then have a smooth workflow on your phone.
2018-7-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Most phones and tablets can't edit 4k. I agree a laptop or Mac is what you need.
2018-7-10
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-11-20 19:30
I have a smart phone, a tablet, and a desktop.  There's no way I'd try to do post video work on anything but the desktop.  If you are serious about doing videos with your quad, I'd urge you to find an inexpensive desktop and abandon using smaller devices.  I have a Mac and find iMovie to be very good.  A professional videographer suggested a free  program called Davinci Resolve.  I have that on my computer now and bought a "how to" book that I've started working through.  Now Davinci is supposedly used by the whole gamut - from raw amateurs to major film studios.  So far, it's HARD.  I may go back to iMovie since I'm not sure if I need all the power of Davinci.  Still, I would never abandon my desktop and try to do anything on smaller work stations.

i'm in agreement as well.  I use my Macbook Pro for all of my editing.  I don't even open pictures on my mobile.  I've thought about using a tablet, but I feel too limited.  I need ALL of the bells and whistles to edit with, and my mobile phone just doesn't have enough juice.

I know that doesn't answer the OPs question though.  I guess the answer is I don't know if there is an app that will be able to give you what you really need to do quality editing.  IMovie is available on the iphone, and it is decent.  My wife uses it sometimes to put together video for different things, but that's not available for Android phones.  Hope you find something you can work with!
2018-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules