3280 18 2015-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xsalmanx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2726519 ft
  • >>>
United States

I own an Inspire and, despite how much I love the design and functionality of it, I share the growing woes and frustration of the Inspire community of the slow-to-fix bugs and implementation of advertised features (such as autonomous waypoints).  Well, 3DR today announced a super slick new drone which is going to create some SERIOUS competition.  Though it is has its fair share of limitations (using wifi signal for communication limiting its distance), it has some amazing autonomy features, portability, and the first to truly integrate with GoPros.  Had I not invested in the Inspire, I'm pretty sure this would have been my choice.  But having already purchased, I just hope DJI picks up its game and starts delivering to all those that put their faith and money in DJI.
3DR Solo: http://3drobotics.com/solo/
Review via The Verge: http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/1 ... ne-quadcopter-gopro

solo-callouts.jpg
2015-4-13
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Welcome to planet Earth my friend.
I see you bring with you some breaking news.
How does the landing gear go up?

Bob
2015-4-13
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like a great drone though I'm sure that DJI will come through with all that we want
2015-4-13
Use props
Sky High Aerial
lvl.3

Canada

It carries a go pro...  No competition to the Inspire 1 - not even close!
Thing looks like a toy.
2015-4-13
Use props
durrr
lvl.2

United States

Sky High Aerial Posted at 2015-4-14 01:23
Thing looks like a toy.

I'm a little confused how it looks like a toy. I guess the Phantom 3 and Inspire look professional?

And you say it carries a GoPro... Whats wrong with GoPro?
2015-4-13
Use props
Sky High Aerial
lvl.3

Canada

Personally, I feel that The Inspire 1 is much more professional.  Not just in appearance but in overall quality and appearance.  I am not comparing anything to P3.  P3 is comparable to the solo.
GoPro is GoPro.  I feel that the Inspire camera fits the Inspire and is slightly better than the GoPro (I hate the fisheye).
Plus, if we can mount the Blackmagic Cinema Camera to the Inspire, it will further the professional quality of the product.  Can the solo carry the Blackmagic?  Will it be as stable as the Inspire?
Just my initial thoughts.  Keep in mind, I am constantly trying to justify my Inspire purchase so there is some bias in my opinions.
2015-4-13
Use props
xsalmanx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2726519 ft
  • >>>
United States

I still prefer the Inspire 1 with its stability, agility, looks, range, 360 camera movement, etc ... as I think it is the best for professionals, especially with the 2-person controller.  But I do think for entry consumers who are considering the Phantom 3, the Solo might be the better option, especially with the various flight autonomy options.  I'd love to be able to easily backpack with it, or ride a bike with it following me, etc.
2015-4-13
Use props
durrr
lvl.2

United States

Sky High Aerial Posted at 2015-4-14 01:43
Personally, I feel that The Inspire 1 is much more professional.  Not just in appearance but in over ...

Can the Inspire fly the BlackMagic?

GoPro 4k video quality looks much better than the Inspire videos I've seen. Anyways I get it, you wanna stand by your purchase but you are being a bit biased.

I actually just purchased an Inspire but I'm already considering returning for many reasons. And one of the biggest reasons is their bad customer service rep.

Here is a video featuruing the GoPro with a 5.4mm Mod. IMO this looks better over the Inspire in terms of picture quality and detail. And you have full control over all of the camera settings. BTW This is shot on a Phantom 2.

2015-4-13
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

durrr Posted at 2015-4-14 01:47
Can the Inspire fly the BlackMagic?

GoPro 4k video quality looks much better than the Inspire vide ...

Which part of this video is BETTER than video from Inspire 1's camera?
I can see some good quality processing in post even with my very little expertise in the field.
I could see a couple of sun flares which probably were intended, even that the sun was not in FOV. This may be handy for some creative effects, but some of us simply want the imagery to be as close to eye-perception as possible... as required for mapping / modelling imagery. Not really sure if any current GoPro camera can be easily attached filters, but the I1 for sure can already.
This video looks very smooth too, but I wouldn't see why not as it looks like being shot in great weather conditions and mostly at very slow / smooth movements. The P2V+ has a great gimbal as the I1 has too... not saying the best as I haven't tested too many, but I trust the I1 more than other drones when it comes to harder weather conditions or when faster movements are required (I used to get so bored bringing down a P2V+ from over 350 m altitude... it takes forever).
Do I believe the I1 is still overpriced? Yes.
Do I believe the I1 was falsely advertised? Yes.
Do I believe that I1 can do a LOT more than it currently does? YES!
If and when DJI puts enough effort and provides enough support for 3rd party additions to I1, this would become by far an unbeatable UAV for a few years to come. I don't really see why a second unit (I2) would be required for such a modular and scalable design... at least 5 years from now.
Well, I am sure a profit driven company would not agree with a technically driven individual like myself, but that does not make me wrong and them right.
2015-4-14
Use props
boochit
lvl.1

Philippines

Also it is built like a tank.
2015-4-14
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

boochit Posted at 2015-4-14 21:01
Also it is built like a tank. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78YE1THE_PM

Lol good job that guys foot went on top of it or it would have been through the roof, it seemed to land and then go full throttle on its own
2015-4-14
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

It's another Chinese copy lol
2015-4-14
Use props
Long Hot Summer
New

Netherlands

Talking about competition, there is also the [ur=Q500l]Q500[/url] and Q500+ from Yuneec.

Although they don't have a 4K camera you can move the camera more freely like the Inspire 1.
2015-4-14
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Inspire 1 offers 0 in the way of support.   I am so angry at them for not even trying to help me fix my issue with my camera.   As far as 3DR is concerned.  A drone working is better than one on the ground.  So Though the Inspire 1 may look and feel better on the eyes.   If there is no support, then what's the use!!?
If I could have my money back I would buy this drone in a second over the Inspire 1
2015-4-14
Use props
Mkell_CA_SF.BAY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 307431 ft
United States

Hey guys, I'm at NAB checking out the new gear, I'm running around getting questions answered over here about the inspire.
NAB 2015

I've also spent a good deal of time talking to 3DR about the solo. Let me know if you have specific questions about it.
2015-4-14
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3034396 ft
  • >>>
Romania

I will pay more attention to this drone, it's not just a new toy in the drone world.
There are some nice ideas featured in this 3DR product, and I think many of Solo's features would be very appreciated by Inspire owners.
The autopilot functions of this drone are revolutionary, for a consumer drone, and I am looking forward to see how DJI responds to this great 3DR software.
Cable mode linear tracking, orbit mode, it follows your mobile device, independent computer for drone & controller.
As a Inspire owner, it would be great to enjoy some of the autopilot functions provided by 3DR to their customers.
Overall, I believe Inspire is the best aerial platform available at the moment, and I am very pleased with my purchase, but there is always place for improvement and some of the Solo features are really great.
2015-4-15
Use props
dennis
lvl.3
United States

Sky High Aerial Posted at 2015-4-14 01:23
Thing looks like a toy.

I second that !! Its a toy in comparison to the I1
2015-4-15
Use props
dennis
lvl.3
United States

Sky High Aerial Posted at 2015-4-14 01:43
Personally, I feel that The Inspire 1 is much more professional.  Not just in appearance but in over ...

Can you share more info with me on  the part where you said "if we can mount the Blackmagic Cinema Camera to the Inspire"  is this being developed?
2015-4-15
Use props
snowyowl1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 646024 ft
Canada

Long Hot Summer Posted at 2015-4-15 02:28
Talking about competition, there is also the Q500[/url] and Q500+ from Yuneec.

Although they don't  ...

They will be announcing that if they already haven't,plus there Service is out of this World!Bought one after my Aspire crashed and had to send to La 5 weeks now still not into repair only needs a motor.Anyhow back to Q500 incredible flyer and vid and stills are good,love follow me feature.So lost one of my motors (my doing) Called Yuneec in USA (IM from Northern Canada) talked to Ryan and he said no problem Has 6 month Warranty and sent me a motor Free of Charge,! this is a Company that knows how to treat its customers.Im buying one for my son at least we can get parts!!!!
2015-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules