Max Height Issue
1371 11 2017-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bareley
lvl.1
United States

Today, while flying my drone, I got the message that the maximum height had been reached, and that I could change the max height in the settings (which I already knew). I went into the settings and changed the max height, but I was still unable to fly any higher.
When I go back to the max height setting, it has been defaulted back to 50 meters. I can click into the box, type a new figure (like 100), click done, but as soon as I go to a different screen and come back to the max height setting, it shows 50 again.

I have had no issues in the past flying my Spark much higher than this. I have also been able to successfully change the max hieght, but not today.

I have the latest firmware. I uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI Go 4 app. Same issue. Anyone else experiencing this?
2017-11-27
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Are you using an otg cable?
2017-11-27
Use props
Ardenno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1877910 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Try logout from dji go app then clear cache and data. Then log in again.
2017-11-27
Use props
Bareley
lvl.1
United States

Jeff7577 Posted at 2017-11-27 16:23
Are you using an otg cable?

I have a lightning to micro USB, so yeah I’m hardwired into the remote.
2017-11-27
Use props
Bareley
lvl.1
United States

Ardenno Posted at 2017-11-27 16:34
Try logout from dji go app then clear cache and data. Then log in again.

Wouldn’t uninstalling and reinstalling the app clear everything? Because I did that already.
2017-11-27
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

It’s probably the otg cable. Try connecting wirelessly.
2017-11-27
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Bareley Posted at 2017-11-27 18:05

It's a known problem in the current iOS app version that with OTG you get this height limitation. There are more reports about it in this forum.
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

It is not recommended to use the OTG connection, please try connecting wirelessly.
2017-11-28
Use props
Bareley
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-28 01:03
It is not recommended to use the OTG connection, please try connecting wirelessly.

I have had connectivity issues when connecting wirelessly in the past -- mainly that I start to lose video signal from my drone when it is still relatively close to me. When connecting with a cable, I find the connection between my phone and the drone to be much more stable in all situations.

Is DJI working on a fix for this? It makes no sense for there to be a hidden height restriction when connecting with a cable.
2017-11-28
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

have you checked that beginner mode is not enabled?
2017-11-28
Use props
Micato
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

Bareley Posted at 2017-11-27 18:05

Hi,

1. Try to start your machine (RC-AC-Ios device) when connected via WI-FI.

2. Then plug in OTG cable and then put your I-os device to airplane mode.

3. The settings that you have set before via WI-FI  should now work on OTG.

Hope this helps!
2017-11-28
Use props
Bareley
lvl.1
United States

Micato Posted at 2017-11-28 15:24
Hi,

1. Try to start your machine (RC-AC-Ios device) when connected via WI-FI.

I will try that. Thanks!

Instead, I tried connecting to the Wi-Fi signal from the remote control and flying yesterday. It. Was. Awful. Video feed never lasted for more than two seconds without going black. I was getting the "signal interference detected -- turn off bluetooth" message, turned bluetooth off on my phone, still horrible. Basically unusable.

Connecting to a drone via Wi-Fi simply is not as good as using a wire. I really hope that DJI correct whatever they screwed up in the latest version of the app, because I was really enjoying this drone with a wired connection and it's almost worthless when connected via Wi-Fi.
2017-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules