New Auto Focus does not work
790 4 2017-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

"
  • Added an auto-focus function to both ActiveTrack and Spotlight modes. The camera will re-focus on the target when the distance between the target and aircraft changes."

The above quote is from the new firmware release notes.  I've tested this function multiple times on both the ground and in the air and the camera never
re-adjusts it's focus.  Is there something that I'm missing?  I'd love to be able to lock in on a target using auto focus to get a nice steady depth of field instead of having to put it in manual focus on infinity.

2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Blackwood. What is the version of your app? Please shoot a video about the situation for further analysis. Thanks for your support.
2017-11-28
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-28 19:44
What is the version of your app? Please shoot a video about the situation for further analysis. Thanks for your support.

DJI Go 4 Version 4.1.18

I don't have time right now to do a video, but basically wherever I set the focus, the camera does not readjust as the target and/or drone moves.
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Blackwood Posted at 2017-11-29 11:40
DJI Go 4 Version 4.1.18

I don't have time right now to do a video, but basically wherever I set the focus, the camera does not readjust as the target and/or drone moves.

I see. Thanks for your feedback. I would forward this situation for our engineers to test the new feature. Please wait patiently, thanks a lot.
2017-11-30
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-30 02:41
I see. Thanks for your feedback. I would forward this situation for our engineers to test the new feature. Please wait patiently, thanks a lot.

Thank you.
2017-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules