4671 9 2017-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_8tgWZET
lvl.2
Flight distance : 453796 ft
United States

Hi Guys,

Brand new to the forum and to drones. I ordered the spark flymore combo. Updated the firmware on the spark and on the controler. Now, when I turn on the controller, the LED light blinks red on the contoller as soon as it is turned on and doesn't stop, 2-3 blinks. I also can not find the controller on my phone (or computure) wifi. I have only gotten the controller to connect once to the drone, it asked for the firware update, then this happened.

Anyway to hard rest the controller? Was really hoping it fly this thing with the controller.

Thank you guys for any help you can throw my way.
2017-12-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Can anyone help with this? I have the impression the post has been overlooked. Unfortunately I don't know what to recommend.
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Please try to long press the RC for 9 seconds and you will hear 3 beeps and see if your phone can connect with RC. Keep us updated, thanks.
2017-12-3
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

There are videos on youtube for connecting the controller to the spark and then to your phone.  

I always think the problem is the area being saturated with 2.4ghz usage.  No clear channels.  My RC would not connect to my spark due to it not finding a clear channel to use.  It would just blink red.  

You have to update the flight log (NFZ log?) to get 5.8ghz to open up.  I connect every time I turn on the Spark, now that I am on 5.8ghz.

2017-12-3
Use props
ak_47
lvl.2
United States

Thank you all for the input. I have tried holding the remote power button for 9 seconds. I get the three beeps but nothing happens except for the red led light continues with it's two fast blinks, pause, then two fast blinks again and repeat. The remote wifi is still not discoverable on any device. I tried my phone (android), fiance's phone (iphone) and computer but the RC wifi (Spark-RC-#######) never has shown back up since firmware update.

I did reach out to the dji support this morning and they are having me ship it back. Frustrating that I haven't been able to use the spark to it's full potential yet but understand that technology can be finicky at times.

I wish I had an answer that could help the forum out more on this issue other then sending it back
2017-12-4
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

ak_47 Posted at 2017-12-4 11:10
Thank you all for the input. I have tried holding the remote power button for 9 seconds. I get the three beeps but nothing happens except for the red led light continues with it's two fast blinks, pause, then two fast blinks again and repeat. The remote wifi is still not discoverable on any device. I tried my phone (android), fiance's phone (iphone) and computer but the RC wifi (Spark-RC-#######) never has shown back up since firmware update.

I did reach out to the dji support this morning and they are having me ship it back. Frustrating that I haven't been able to use the spark to it's full potential yet but understand that technology can be finicky at times.

Can you find the AC on your phone?
2017-12-4
Use props
truong
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16680 ft
Singapore

ak_47 Posted at 2017-12-4 11:10

Mine had similar problem.  Brand new Spark Flymore Combo -> was asked to upgrade the RC's firmware -> the upgrade failed -> The RC's WIFI cannot be found by any devices. Ended up sending the RC back and after investigating, DJI said it's not my fault, so got a coupon to buy a new RC.
2017-12-4
Use props
djiuser_PyNVLHQ
New
Canada

I am having the same issue with my Spark remote as OP, asked for FW update... Failed now no remote. Its almost like DJI should automatically send 2 remotes seems like majority of the people are having this same issue. I have also done the long 9 sec power hold, the 4 button combo then power on.  I have tried all the tricks to try and get this RC to start TX a wifi signal but no luck. So far pretty unhappy customer.
2017-12-5
Use props
ak_47
lvl.2
United States

DaMa Posted at 2017-12-4 13:40
Can you find the AC on your phone?

Yep, I am able to connect and fly the drone by phone with no issues. Tried a lot of different things to get the remote to be discoverable by my phone and nothing worked unfortunately. Hope DJI can sort this out soon
2017-12-8
Use props
ak_47
lvl.2
United States

Glad (well not really!) to hear that I am not the only on with these issue and that it sounds like DJI makes right by it. Not sure why there isn't a true factory rest built into these devices. I now update the aircraft's firmware via the dji assistant 2 app on my computer but the remote issue is truly frustration. Much like djiuser_PyNVLHQ, I tried all the tricks I could find and nothing worked. The remote would do three beeps after the 9 second hold, but just continue to double blink red. I'll update with how DJI responds to the issue
2017-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules