DJI GO disconnects on XPERIA Z3
1558 4 2017-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aaver
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi

I have been flying my Phantom 3 Professional for several days now and as much fun it is, it is also quite stressful since the DJI GO app keeps disconnecting.
Sometimes five feet above ground right next to me, sometimes hundreds of feet up in the sky. The app says the WiFi signal is strong. Luckily, I'm still a beginner and don't dare to fly out of sight so I always have managed to land my precious bird safely.

The last day flying, I was less panicked when the disconnection occurred and instead of taking the drone back to the ground, I tried to start the DJI GO app again. This worked and to me, this behaviour suggests that it's not a USB-cable problem. It is not a very satisfying solution, however.

The firmware is updated and I'm running the latest DJI GO update.
The XPERIA Z3 is put in USB debugging mode.
I've tried different USB-cables, but since the app reconnects when restarted, this shouldn't be the problem.

What else can I try?

Best Regards,
/A
2017-12-4
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Although the Sony Xperia Z3 is claimed to be compatible, it seems that there are some problems. This video might help:

2017-12-5
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Also this thread?

https://forum.dji.com/thread-87522-1-1.html
2017-12-5
Use props
aaver
lvl.1

Sweden

Thanks!
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

HI Aaver, have you got it resolved? If not, please try to reinstall the APP, see if it helps. If it persists, please provide me with the APP version and the OS version.
2017-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules