o(^-^)o
Kj4cjr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2150719 ft
United States

Setup:Matrice 210
Zenmuse xt
Zenmuse x5s

I've had my 210 for a couple weeks now and I've had so many issues with the Pilot app that I'll just list them because I'd end up writing a novel if I tried to explain them all.

- Compass error exit GPS - loses video feed from both cameras , drone starts to drift like it's floating down a river. Corrects itself after about 30 seconds.
- Gimbal shake error with xt at startup
- yaw drifting(to either side depending on last input from controller)
- NO SD card found when formatting on xt camera - card still formats after about a minute but still says no card.
- Sometimes no video feed from xt camera on startup - sometimes fixes itself if I load GO app then switch back to Pilot App.

I understand the Pilot app is in beta still, however, the drone is not reliable for work in it's current state. The fact that I'm forced to use the Pilot app just makes this even worse. I have no issues at all in the GO app, but I can only use the GO app when using just the x5s.

Anyone else have any of these issues with the Pilot App?

2017-12-9
Use props
rkeihn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621309 ft
United States

Yes everything you listed off is happening with my 210 as well.  I bought the Inspire 2 remote so I could use GSPRO to fly my flight plans with the XT Thermal camera, otherwise your stuck with a app that kind of works, sometimes.  I assume your Android based?  I have had no luck with the Cadence or Crystal Sky, my hope is they release firmware that will actually work instead of grounding all of us.  So, if you were IOS capable, you could use Ground Station Pro and the XT App.  I've been impressed with the XT app, it's made strictly for the XT Thermal's, very solid and has some very nice features for inspections.

Hope this helps you a bit , your not the only one struggling with the 210.  This is very common with new tech of this sorts, they had a lot of issues with the Phantom 4 Pro when first released as well.  Now, it's the best they've made at that price level.  As I come across things that work for me, I will try and pass it on to you.
2017-12-9
Use props
Kj4cjr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2150719 ft
United States

I may need to use my iPad then. I haven’t tried since I bought an extra crystal sky with an I2 remote along with the cendence and crystal sky that comes with the 210. Thanks for your input on that.
2017-12-9
Use props
malli35998
lvl.2
Flight distance : 432195 ft
United States

The Cendence Mobile Device Holder is now available from DJI. $29 plus $10 S&H. I used with my iPad and DJI GO4 app yesterday and it seems to work ok sofar.
2017-12-16
Use props
Drone Jones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87149 ft
United States

rkeihn Posted at 2017-12-9 17:36
Yes everything you listed off is happening with my 210 as well.  I bought the Inspire 2 remote so I could use GSPRO to fly my flight plans with the XT Thermal camera, otherwise your stuck with a app that kind of works, sometimes.  I assume your Android based?  I have had no luck with the Cadence or Crystal Sky, my hope is they release firmware that will actually work instead of grounding all of us.  So, if you were IOS capable, you could use Ground Station Pro and the XT App.  I've been impressed with the XT app, it's made strictly for the XT Thermal's, very solid and has some very nice features for inspections.

Hope this helps you a bit , your not the only one struggling with the 210.  This is very common with new tech of this sorts, they had a lot of issues with the Phantom 4 Pro when first released as well.  Now, it's the best they've made at that price level.  As I come across things that work for me, I will try and pass it on to you.

May be a dumb question...but how do you get the XT app on the Crystal Sky?  
2018-1-17
Use props
broadlandboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

Drone Jones Posted at 2018-1-17 08:17
May be a dumb question...but how do you get the XT app on the Crystal Sky?

Fly under Pilot
2018-1-17
Use props
Drone Jones
lvl.2
United States

No, I know how to view the XT through Pilot.  Just curious about the XT app that is dedicated to the thermal camera.  How do I access that and put that onto my Crystal Sky?

Or are you saying...don't bother and stick with Pilot?
2018-1-17
Use props
broadlandboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

Unable to as XTPro is IOS & Crystalsky is Android
2018-1-17
Use props
Drone Jones
lvl.2
United States

broadlandboy Posted at 2018-1-17 12:53
Unable to as XTPro is IOS & Crystalsky is Android

Great.

Thank you for the response.  That answers that.
2018-1-17
Use props
DRONE SOLUTIONS GREECE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12703261 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Similar setup here MATRICE 210RTK +X5/Z30 + XT, similar issues.

In addition messages like :
- Gimbal can not receive MC data.
- Vision stabilization paused.
- Gimbal shake error not only in start up but during flight as well.
- RTK doesn't work at all.

Very disappointed with Pilot app which appears to stay beta forever, giving no option for mission planning.
It seems we are stuck with dual cendence setup/crystal sky + dual gimbal and no app to get the job done.
2018-2-12
Use props
djiuser_t7wmt6ZeadDc
lvl.2
United States

I also have issues. How does one know they are in fact in rtk.? My pilot app says ready gps mode. My XT also twithes. Can’t see anything in pilot app to cancel RTH. Don’t try spotlight with the z30. It zooms and goes nuts where does the ground unit placed? Behind me and the craft or inbetwee? Or does it matter. Wish I could use the go app.
2018-2-12
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

djiuser_t7wmt6ZeadDc Posted at 2018-2-12 17:39
I also have issues. How does one know they are in fact in rtk.? My pilot app says ready gps mode. My XT also twithes. Can’t see anything in pilot app to cancel RTH. Don’t try spotlight with the z30. It zooms and goes nuts where does the ground unit placed? Behind me and the craft or inbetwee? Or does it matter. Wish I could use the go app.

About to cancel RTH, you just have to switch GPS mode to ATI and then switch back to GPS mode..
2018-2-12
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

Kj4cjr Posted at 2017-12-9 19:09
I may need to use my iPad then. I haven’t tried since I bought an extra crystal sky with an I2 remote along with the cendence and crystal sky that comes with the 210. Thanks for your input on that.

dji said no but are you aware of a mounting bracket/holder that would fix the ipad pro 12.9" to the cendence remote?
2018-3-5
Use props
falcon311
lvl.1

I'm having the same issues with the Pilot Application with our Matrice 210, dual gimbal, Z30 camera, and X5S camera.  We are using the Cendence controller and Crystalsky tablet.

I would like to know if anyone has a solution to the following problem.  I'm having an issue with the Vision Stabilization function under the Pilot app.  Once it is initiated on the tablet it will not turn off even after stopping the Vision Stabilization on screen.  I receive the message that the Vision Stabilization is Off but the camera continues to point at the original target even when I turn the drone right or left.  In order to shut the Vision Stabilization function off I have to land the Matrice 2 and power cycle it.  
2018-8-27
Use props
Thermogod
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I am new to this and have many of the problems with my 210 as  you guys have. I am really hoping that DJI will bring out the full Pilot App so we dont have to cobble together different apps and get an automomatic function that the hobbyists get  for a fraction of the M200 series price.

DJI PLEASE GIVE US AN IDEA OF THE PILOT APP TIME FRAME - afterall we are Your customers
2018-9-12
Use props
Richard ND
lvl.1
Flight distance : 758871 ft
Australia

Hi, I can’t even login to the pilot app on my crystal sky. Just says “loading” forever. Just spent $500 upgrading my XT to v2 and spending $250 on and adapter ring so I can use it on the 210 and can’t even log on to the app!!! Seems if if can I’ll be beset by problems anyway.
2018-9-23
Use props
Richard ND
lvl.1
Flight distance : 758871 ft
Australia

Have just tried it on XT pro on the iPad and that works fine, but I’m assuming that it won’t work in dual gimbal configuration and for that I’ll need Dji pilot back on the CrystalSky?
2018-9-23
Use props
Racerboy80
New
Flight distance : 625702 ft
United States

Hi Guys...I see the last post in here was September of 2018, but wondered if you guys might have some direction for my agency.

We are experiencing all the same issues mentioned above, and have one unique problem.

When we connect our XT to our 200, it will not start the camera. It can sit for 30 seconds to indefinitely before the camera activates. Typically, you can restart the 200 and it will activate the camera.

Anybody else ever heard of this or had it happen to them?

We have had the camera and 200 back to DJI multiple times, and have found no solution. The last time they just it back, saying nothing is wrong. There customer service is not the best.

Thanks in advance!
2019-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules