Next time i'm buying Yuneec! Mavic is garbage
1166 9 2017-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skelator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 420062 ft
United States

Ok so i'm having a huge problem with DJI and their support team.   

On August 27st i had a malfunction which caused the drone to crash into a car.  Video will be provided as soon as i vlog about it for my youtube channel. I've provided DJI with footage that doesn't include me talking about how i would never buy a product of their again. When i'm done with that i'll upload it to my youtube and share it with you all.

So here's the problem. I'm being told that it was a pilot error for flying in a magnetic interference zone. However I fly in that same spot allot and never have a single problem. During the flight in question... I booted up the drone. Waited for a homepoint as it will not take off until it finds one!  As soon as GPS mode kicked in it said it had found a home point. I then hit record and took the drone off into the air.  As soon as i took the drone off, it decided to fly all by itself under its own control across the street into a car lot where it stabilized for a moment before flying back towords me and into a car, causing a decent amount of damage to the car.  All i have asked for, is to have the drone replaced. When i crashed it into a lake i sent it to DJI, paid the refresh fee and went on my way. Now when it is clearly a equipment malfunction you guys don't want to man up and take responsibility for your product. I'm not asking for you guys to replace anything but the drone. DJI has had the drone since some time in October. I've asked for a supervisor call back on several occasions. The guy i just got off the phone with said that there was only one request. I have hours upon hours of phone time with DJI with no result. Everyone sounds like a broken record with the same text book blame it on the customer attitude. And no one want's to do their job!

Bottom line is the Mavic malfunctioned and i don't feel as though i should have to pay anything if i wasn't able to control the aircraft due to some equipment malfunction.
You can't claim magnetic interference! - Have plenty of video with me flying in that area without any problems. Have several other people flying mavics, karmas and phantoms in the very same area all with no magnetic interference!

The worst part about the whole thing is i wasn't dissatisfied with your product until you guys decided to keep trying to blame it on me.  My next drone was going to be an inspire. That's sure as hell not the case now. If you guys can't admit your wrong and replace the 1k drone, how the hell am i gonna allow myself to give you guys 7,000 more out of my pocket. Not to mention i didn't even say one word about you guys being responsible for the new paint on the audi the drone crashed into!

2017-12-12
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Get in touch with one of the mod here. They will very likely try to escalate your issue to a better resolution. I realize how pi$$ed/frustrated you might be, I'll be the same if I were in your position.
PS: That's funny, I could not reply because I used a cuss word... Easy fix tho
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, Skelator, we are so sorry for the crash accident and unpleasant experience, I managed to get the case number with your account CAS-1117038-Z2W0F4, per the case log, our support has escalated the case to appropriate team to review the flight records again, we will have someone to contact you soon and we will also keep an eye on it, appreciate your patience.
2017-12-12
Use props
MarvinM
New

Belize

I'm unclear why you assume it was a malfunction.  That would imply that there was something wrong with the craft.  If so, what was it?
2017-12-12
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

A video doesn't prove a lack of magnetic interference, but if you really feel that the crash was caused by a defect then upload the flight log (TXT file from your mobile device) to PhantomHelp and provide a link to it in this thread. The instructions for doing that are here. The DAT file from the flight would have been much more definitive, but since you've already sent the aircraft back only DJI has access to it now.
2017-12-13
Use props
Skelator
lvl.2

The drone was in gps mode according to the remote and then it decided to fly itself into a junk yard and back into my friends car.  It would not take any of the commands i was giving it. Hence why i think it was a malfunction.  Besides the fact i fly there all the time and never had a problem before or after this incident.
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Skelator Posted at 2018-9-7 17:16
The drone was in gps mode according to the remote and then it decided to fly itself into a junk yard and back into my friends car.  It would not take any of the commands i was giving it. Hence why i think it was a malfunction.  Besides the fact i fly there all the time and never had a problem before or after this incident.

Hi Skelator, the case has been sorted out last year after the communication with our manager, may I know if there is any further problem?
2018-9-7
Use props
Skelator
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-7 18:53
Hi Skelator, the case has been sorted out last year after the communication with our manager, may I know if there is any further problem?

if by sorted out you mean your company never claimed responsibility for the faulty product and held my drone hostage for repair fees. When a new unit was sent instead of repairing the old one...  Then i guess it was sorted out. But i'm not a happy customer by any means and whenever people ask me about my cool mavic pro, i tell them all about of the problems i had.
2018-9-7
Use props
Skelator
lvl.2

also i did buy a yuneek drone. Unfortunately the camera is trash and i ended up going back with the mavic pro unit that was last sent to me. Have not had any problems with that unit. Nor have i had any with the mavic 2 i just purchased...  aside from the 6 hours it took me to finally get the damn thing to update the fw on the computer since it was not able to be done through the go.4 app
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Skelator Posted at 2018-9-7 20:07
if by sorted out you mean your company never claimed responsibility for the faulty product and held my drone hostage for repair fees. When a new unit was sent instead of repairing the old one...  Then i guess it was sorted out. But i'm not a happy customer by any means and whenever people ask me about my cool mavic pro, i tell them all about of the problems i had.

The previous case been closed a long time ago, sorry that you are still not satisfied with the final resolution, but I believe the team has provided the best offer as they could, please let us know if you have any further issue, hope you have a great time with Mavic 2.
2018-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules