1832 3 2017-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
usercce6ee4bda
lvl.1
Flight distance : 678425 ft
United States

Hi gang,
I bought a mavic pro 3 months ago and flew it a couple of times when something went wrong with the gimbal.
It was a hard landing or something that there was an impact on the gimbal, but the problem did not show until a few days later.
I sent an email to DJI support team and did what I was instructed but the problem persisted.
After contacting the online support team, I had to send the drone back for repair.
A week passed before I got the email saying: Customer, Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy, which means I will have to pay 190$.
I've flown P3 for a few years and never expected that MAVIC could have such a fragile gimbal. and I'm wondering if it is fair to have it repaired at such a high cost.
THe service fee is just outrageous. 65*2hours=130$
Can anybody tell me whether the gimbal fails to work because of the ribbon cable issue?

If in that case, I think I can repair it myself getting a cable from amazon for 20$ and save the 170$.

Dear Customer,

You repair service of Mavic Pro has been quoted by our repair team. Please refer to the invoice below and complete your payment via paypal.

Invoice

Customer:
Case No:
CAS-1272661-T6K4M9
DJI Care Balance:
Quote Date:
12-12-17
Remarks:
Dear Customer, Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy. Damage not caused by product malfunction. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. For more information, please visit (http://www.dji.com/service/policy) - DJI North America

Item
Quantity
Unit Price(USD)
Total Price(USD)
Gimbal Axis Arm Module (Excluding FPC/Coaxial Cable/Cable Cover)
Middle Frame Module
Air Outlet
Upper Cover
Left Landing Gear
Gimbal Vibration Damping Module
Repair Service Fee
65.00/H
Freight:
Total Amount:
DJI Care deduction:
Total Payment:

Payment by Paypal:    ****

Please make sure the Case No. is included in your Payment Information when completing your transaction.

2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, Sir, we are sorry for the hard landing accident and the trouble caused, the invoice was generated after damage assessment, we suggest to replace all the parts that invoice shows.
For the service fee, it is 65 dollars per working hour. If more than one part is damaged, working hours for each part will be added. Please check more details in our website: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery
And the service fee is for the whole repair process including receiving the package, damage assessement, quotation, repairing, flight test, quality evaluation and so on, hope your kind understanding.

2017-12-12
Use props
usercce6ee4bda
lvl.1
Flight distance : 678425 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-12 19:16
Hello, Sir, we are sorry for the hard landing accident and the trouble caused, the invoice was generated after damage assessment, we suggest to replace all the parts that invoice shows.
For the service fee, it is 65 dollars per working hour. If more than one part is damaged, working hours for each part will be added. Please check more details in our website: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery
And the service fee is for the whole repair process including receiving the package, damage assessement, quotation, repairing, flight test, quality evaluation and so on, hope your kind understanding.

I realize it's hard to argue for it's what u say that counts. I noticed that some of my friends also experienced the gimbal issue due to the fragile gimbal system. It is unavoidable that you bump the drone when u r traveling. IN that case, I don't think it's fair for me to take all the responsibility. The damage is just minor but the service fee is just too much. And I bought it 3 months ago and flew it for a couple of times. I'm worried if I will run into the problem again in the near future. JUst a bit frustrated and upset with the aftersale service. THAT'S ALL.
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

usercce6ee4bda Posted at 2017-12-12 19:38
I realize it's hard to argue for it's what u say that counts. I noticed that some of my friends also experienced the gimbal issue due to the fragile gimbal system. It is unavoidable that you bump the drone when u r traveling. IN that case, I don't think it's fair for me to take all the responsibility. The damage is just minor but the service fee is just too much. And I bought it 3 months ago and flew it for a couple of times. I'm worried if I will run into the problem again in the near future. JUst a bit frustrated and upset with the aftersale service. THAT'S ALL.

I fully understand your concern, Sir, the status of aircraft and gimbal relates to your flight ability and daily storage and maintenance, every pilot should take care of it.
Here is a brief suggestion to maintain the gimbal. Hope it helps. gimbal maitenance.png
For your dispute about the invoice, we will transfer it to local repair team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you soon, appreciate your patience.
2017-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules