1178 22 2017-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Dear Pilots,

As a lover of flying and loving drones, I would like to open a discuss about a situation that bothers me.

Please, I ask gently, that if it is considered a dumb thought by someone, don’t crucify me. I don’t want any headshots. It is only a thought; an idea, that I would love to share with you.

It is common to read that our hobby is becoming stricter by laws.

Many of them are written by persons that don’t know the reality of the hobby itself.

And we stay here, claiming the possibility to fly; expecting a miracle; but, in reality, what are we doing to make our voices to be listened to the politicians and population.

We know that media says what it wants to!

And, at many times it is far away from the truth.

Here, in DJI forum, we have experienced pilots. Lots of professionals; many lawyers, and so on.

Why can’t we create an “international drone owner organizations” to discuss it with our politicians.

Here in Brazil laws are not so stricter; but in US, UK, Europe, Caribbean, Emirates, etc., we know that is becoming impeditive to fly.

I would love to copy and paste this thread on any sub-forum here, but I need permission by the mods and admins.

If, anyone consider it feasibly, please, let me know.

Let’s empower our thoughts and stop to claiming our lost without fighting the right place!
Thank you for your attention.

2017-12-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There are some organizations in different countries, we have one here in Ireland , but by and large as a lobby group drone flyers are scantly represented.
EASA the European body for safety in aviation are drawing up a set of new rules for flying drones throughout Europe, they have been working on these rules for over two years now and hope to have a new set of rules for proposal to European countries, it is expected that these rules will be adopted by all European countries in 2018,  submissions were accepted by drone groups from all over Europe setting out their requirements and visions for flying in Europe.
I have attended two seminars held by EASA and I have to say they are extremely progressive they welcome drone flying in all of its formats, and I expect we will see a set of rules that will not penalize drone flying in Europe, but safety will be paramount as it should be.
I am excited to see the implementation of these rules as it will bring in to line one set of rules and regulations for all of Europe.
Your point about a sub forum is certainly a good one, drone flying is extremely fractured and have very little voice on the public stage, as Christmas is coming fast and drones will be very high on Santa’s list I believe we will see an increase in the new year of ill prepared new drone users capturing the media’s interest and it most likely will not be for good they bring.
2017-12-13
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-13 05:33
There are some organizations in different countries, we have one here in Ireland , but by and large as a lobby group drone flyers are scantly represented.
EASA the European body for safety in aviation are drawing up a set of new rules for flying drones throughout Europe, they have been working on these rules for over two years now and hope to have a new set of rules for proposal to European countries, it is expected that these rules will be adopted by all European countries in 2018,  submissions were accepted by drone groups from all over Europe setting out their requirements and visions for flying in Europe.
I have attended two seminars held by EASA and I have to say they are extremely progressive they welcome drone flying in all of its formats, and I expect we will see a set of rules that will not penalize drone flying in Europe, but safety will be paramount as it should be.

Dear hallmark007,

Thanks for your prompt reply!
I would love to empower our community not as a forum community, but as pilots. I know Europe is heading this kind of negotiations, but some spread efforts would be astonishing.
At least, thank you for your concern.
2017-12-13
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

I think we will be suppressed in the end.

Don't worry about it, when I was 14 I bought my first sheath knife at Barry Island.

Apparently illegal to wear etc etc but hey, you can buy one.  And I was proud out door owner of my very own sheath knife.

If you want to start something, I can provide a server free of charge and take it from there.

Non profit, site would be  just looking after drone users rights etc.

I like projects.  

2017-12-13
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Brazil

Welsh Mavic Posted at 2017-12-13 07:05
I think we will be suppressed in the end.

Don't worry about it, when I was 14 I bought my first sheath knife at Barry Island.

Dear Welsh Mavic,

Thank you very much for your support.
I can say it is not a worry! But I believe in fights! Fights that lead us to empower many!
Fights that will improve everyone's desire to be responsibly free.
In France, you can fly! In Brazil, we can fly. But brown media is killing our hobby.
I don't know the path, but I would love to go thru it.
It would be awesome if we could hear from someone that understand technically about laws.
It would be very stimulating if we could hear something about DJI or its assistants; mods, admins!
Let’s continue our chat here! I believe in it!
2017-12-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That’s a great idea - a kind of independent voice. I’m a member of the FPV UK which is a national membership based ‘club’ and I voice my thoughts to them and they in turn make proposals. When the Department for Transport set up a consultation with the CAA to propose new drone laws I was asked to participate in a very detailed survey and was advised what proposals were being agreed and put forward to parliament before even the media got their grubby hands on it. I agreed with registration and tests - some of the proposals were to ban drones through to making no changes at all. So these type of platforms to get you voice across are already out there but you need to be heavily involved.
The difficulty is that laws, rules and regulations vary considerably between countries. It would be very difficult to manage the legalities of drones on a global level but one organisation does have the money, power and connections to protect our interests - DJI...
2017-12-13
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Brazil

A CW Posted at 2017-12-13 08:46
That’s a great idea - a kind of independent voice. I’m a member of the FPV UK which is a national membership based ‘club’ and I voice my thoughts to them and they in turn make proposals. When the Department for Transport set up a consultation with the CAA to propose new drone laws I was asked to participate in a very detailed survey and was advised what proposals were being agreed and put forward to parliament before even the media got their grubby hands on it. I agreed with registration and tests - some of the proposals were to ban drones through to making no changes at all. So these type of platforms to get you voice across are already out there but you need to be heavily involved.
The difficulty is that laws, rules and regulations vary considerably between countries. It would be very difficult to manage the legalities of drones on a global level but one organisation does have the money, power and connections to protect our interests - DJI...

Dear A CW,

Thank you so much on stimulating this discussion to get to the next level.
I would be very glad to listen to DJI, but I don't know if it would be possible.
I know that the effort and challenge is huge, but, with the right persons, serious ones, I would love to dare.
@Welsh Mavic said he could help.
You, are indeed inside the process.
I believe we could try to build a platform, globally, with specifically areas; for instance: North America, South America, Europe, etc. with strategic persons in each one.
Here in the forum, we have so many experienced pilots and we can have important help.
Let’s continue discussing.
And again, thank you very much!
2017-12-13
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

In the U.S. there's the newly created UAS Integration Pilot Program. Anyone here in the U.S. can sign up as an interested party. There's an associated Face Book page where a lot of discussion will be taking place. www.facebook.com/groups/FAADronePilot/
2017-12-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-12-13 09:33
Dear A CW,

Thank you so much on stimulating this discussion to get to the next level.

More than happy to be counted in.
2017-12-13
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Brazil

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-12-13 10:26
In the U.S. there's the newly created UAS Integration Pilot Program. Anyone here in the U.S. can sign up as an interested party. There's an associated Face Book page where a lot of discussion will be taking place. www.facebook.com/groups/FAADronePilot/

Dear FatherXmas,

Thank you for your reply.
2017-12-13
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Yes, it is a good idea and not dumb at all. What you described sounds a lot like a lobbying group, and there are at least a few active in the United States, including the DJI-sponsored Network of Drone Enthusiasts (NODE). The Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) also does lobbying but isn't limited to that function.

I don't know anything about other countries beyond what's already posted here, but if no organization like that exists in yours then it may indeed be a wise idea for one to be started. I don't know about where you live, but here "lobbying" has very negative connotations. Regardless of how you feel about it, though, if you want your interests represented when legislation is crafted and voted on then at least in the U.S. groups like this serve an important function.
2017-12-13
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-12-13 10:26

DAMN!!! In the date late, dollar short category:

Key Selection Dates/MilestonesAll milestones are calculated in calendar days from the day the Federal Register Notice is published in the Federal Register:
  • The deadline of 2:00 pm ET, November 28, 2017 to submit a Notice of Intent to become a Lead Applicant has passed.
  • The deadline of 2:00 pm ET, December 13, 2017 for Lead Applicants to complete volumes I and II has passed.
  • The deadline of 2:00 pm ET, December 13, 2017 for entities to request inclusion on the Interested Parties list has passed.
  • By 2:00 pm ET, January 4, 2018: Lead Applicants complete volumes III, IV, V, and VI in the application portal
2017-12-13
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-12-13 14:24
Yes, it is a good idea and not dumb at all. What you described sounds a lot like a lobbying group, and there are at least a few active in the United States, including the DJI-sponsored Network of Drone Enthusiasts (NODE). The Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) also does lobbying but isn't limited to that function.

I don't know anything about other countries beyond what's already posted here, but if no organization like that exists in yours then it may indeed be a wise idea for one to be started. I don't know about where you live, but here "lobbying" has very negative connotations. Regardless of how you feel about it, though, if you want your interests represented when legislation is crafted and voted on then at least in the U.S. groups like this serve an important function.

Thanks for sharing the information. Will definitely check into those further....
2017-12-13
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Brazil

Dear Pilots,

Thank you so much with the support.
My thought is to find some way to call all groups that would like to discuss in a worldwide way! I see so many efforts, but not in a chain!
And stimulate the places that don't have this kind of group to create and become empowered.
I know that the laws in US are different from the ones in Europe, and so on; but changing experiences would give strength to everyone. I would be able to learn with the others path.

2017-12-14
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-13 17:24
DAMN!!! In the date late, dollar short category:

Key Selection Dates/MilestonesAll milestones are calculated in calendar days from the day the Federal Register Notice is published in the Federal Register:

Trust me: you aren't missing much, at least so far. At this point the Facebook group is just a lot of noise and confusion, and the people on the interested parties list are being spammed because the personal information they provided (including email addresses) is posted online by the FAA.
2017-12-14
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Here in the USA we have the AMA Academy of Modelers Aeronautics they have been around for decades and lobby, partition and meet with federal law makers pushing for the privilege of drone & fixed wing enthusiasts all the time, that's the main reason I joined. Every membership helps in fighting overkill of regulation(s).
2017-12-14
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-12-14 03:13
Trust me: you aren't missing much, at least so far. At this point the Facebook group is just a lot of noise and confusion, and the people on the interested parties list are being spammed because the personal information they provided (including email addresses) is posted online by the FAA.

That's a shame... It really builds confidence in our Government when they decide to share your personal information with the world. And they legislate that you *have* to give them the information. This is what makes me leery about the whole thing.

I can understand the safety aspect of what they're trying to do. I'd prefer to see education over legislation.
2017-12-14
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-12-14 03:28
Here in the USA we have the AMA American Modelers Association they have been around for decades and lobby, partition and meet with federal law makers pushing for the privilege of drone & fixed wing enthusiasts all the time, that's the main reason I joined. Every membership helps in fighting overkill of regulation(s).

Yeah, pretty much the same reasons I joined a different AMA. Groups that come together as one can generally get their voices heard a bit better.

Will have to take deeper look into the Academy of Model Aeronautics.
2017-12-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-12-14 03:13
Trust me: you aren't missing much, at least so far. At this point the Facebook group is just a lot of noise and confusion, and the people on the interested parties list are being spammed because the personal information they provided (including email addresses) is posted online by the FAA.

All sorts of stuff happening now. They have just introduced in new firmware on the spark, remote identification which will allow those in the vicinity of were your flying to tap in and get your information or information of who is flying in the area. You are not required to input the information at present, just wonder when it will become compulsory. I think we will also see this for all dji drones in future firmware.

There is an upside with this if you are flying with permission ATC can check this . This could be a positive move, I think.

So if you want to spy on the wife, she may well know your following her.
2017-12-14
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-14 05:16
Yeah, pretty much the same reasons I joined a different AMA. Groups that come together as one can generally get their voices heard a bit better.

Will have to take deeper look into the Academy of Model Aeronautics.

Just corrected my post to the correct title, Thanks, too many acronyms in this world!
2017-12-14
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-14 05:10
That's a shame... It really builds confidence in our Government when they decide to share your personal information with the world. And they legislate that you *have* to give them the information. This is what makes me leery about the whole thing.

I can understand the safety aspect of what they're trying to do. I'd prefer to see education over legislation.

Yes, I'm a little surprised about the decision to post the information online but still optimistic about the program itself. The idea is select a small number of lead applicants (state and / or local governments) who coordinate with the FAA in trying out relaxed regulation for things like delivery by drone, which currently is explicitly prohibited. So I think it still holds a lot of promise, but it's going to take a bit of patience as it's likely to take a while before anything useful comes of it.
2017-12-14
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Brazil

Dear Pilots,

As I can see here, US have so many Organizations, Associations. But I don't believe it fits the rest of the world.
Any chance for us trying to chain everyone that would like to represent our thoughts and beliefs?
Any idea?
We can be satisfied to solve our problmes. It is ok!
But we can decide and try to help persons, even the distant ones, that can share the same problem and difficulties as we have!
Any hint?
2017-12-15
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-12-15 03:28
Dear Pilots,

As I can see here, US have so many Organizations, Associations. But I don't believe it fits the rest of the world.

It's a really great idea. I personally wouldn't know to begin or how to proceed. But I'd definitely be interested in helping and supporting such an effort.
2017-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules